QuickBooks Desktop 2022 is a brand new software release with the transition. This latest release of QuickBooks Desktop made 4 main changes. These changes are:
- Transitioning to the Subscription model in 2022 latest release
- ProAdvisors assistance is improved
- A new subscription of QuickBooks Desktop Mac Plus is introduced
- The one-time purchase of the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 product is extended for accountants till December 10, 2021.
In this article, you get all the information related to QuickBooks Desktop 2022 subscription model. The information like what are its features, system requirements, download, updates, repair, pricing, etc.
What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop 2022: Features of New Edition
Many different features that got introduced in the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop 2022. These features assist you in growing your business conveniently in a faster and easier manner. The features list shows how you can use them to benefit your business.
1. 64-bit Advanced Processing Power
With QuickBooks Desktop 2022, users can use the full capability of 64-bit processors. This helps you to do your accounting tasks faster using QuickBooks software’s latest release.
2. Instant Deposit
You receive your payments instantly whether your customers pay you on holidays, late nights, or weekends. When you get paid by your customers then the amount got transferred to your deposits.
3. Pay and Schedule Bills Faster
It is now easy to schedule and pay bills using a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer within your QuickBooks 2022 software. The vendors can also get their money using physical checks or bank transfers.
4. E-commerce for QuickBooks with Webgility
It makes your management of e-commerce easy and provides you a picture of profit that you can get using it. The tracking is also available using different platforms like direct in QuickBooks, Shopify, Amazon, and eBay for tracking the revenue.
5. Bill Entry Automation and Customized Bill Payment Stubs
You can send bills using an email address or using QuickBooks Desktop mobile app. Easy to save your time and use QuickBooks to automate bill entries. Then import and review it. The bill payment stubs are added to the list of QuickBooks forms that are customizable.
6. Choose from Multiple Customer Contacts
Easy to add multiple customer contacts to your batch emails. Reducing miscommunication that results from the manual entry to email address. You can send emails faster by selecting the right recipients from the customer’s or vendor’s list.
7. Payment Links
Now it is easy to send payment links and get paid for the items that won’t require any invoices. So, collect payments using links to make the process faster, user-oriented, and brisk.
8. Upload Documents
In transactions, you can attach the documents by uploading them directly using the QuickBooks Desktop mobile application.
9. Bill Approval Process
Release Notes for QuickBooks Desktop 2022
The team updates you about the release notes for the QuickBooks Desktop software. So here you get to know what is improves and new in QuickBooks Desktop 2022. Every update has all the changes from the previous updated software.
You can manually update your QuickBooks Desktop software anytime. If you have turned on the automatic QuickBooks updates then the update is done automatically.
Here is the Release 3 (R3)- October 2021 and the most important thing it includes is as follows:
64-bit Advanced Processing Power: The QuickBooks Desktop 2022 supports the full capability of a 64- bit processor. The Accounting tasks are done in a more authentic and supersonic way with QuickBooks.
Pricing for QuickBooks Desktop 2022
The exclusive price for QuickBooks Desktop 2022- Subscription model is as follows:
ProAdvisor Premier Software Bundle- $499/Yr
- QuickBooks Accountant Plus 2022
- QuickBooks Desktop training and certifications
- 24/7 customer assistance.
ProAdvisor Enterprise Software Bundle- $849/Yr
- QuickBooks Accountant Plus 2022
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac Plus 2022
- QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant Edition 22.0
- QuickBooks Desktop training and certifications
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop
- 24/7 customer assistance.
System Requirements of QuickBooks Desktop 2022
The specifications required to use QuickBooks Desktop 2022 software are mentioned below in detail. You must take care that the requirements are must fulfill before start using the software.
1️⃣ Windows 8.1
2️⃣ Windows 10
Note: All editions of mentioned Windows including 64-bit and can be installed natively.
1️⃣ Windows Servers
- Windows Server 2012 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016 Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2019 Standard and Essentials
2️⃣ Linux Servers
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
- Fedora 31, 32
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) with internet access
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
1️⃣ Processor: Minimum 2.4 GHz required
2️⃣ RAM: 8 GB for 64-bit and recommended is 16 GB
3️⃣ Server RAM
- 1 to 5 users- 8GB RAM
- Upto 10 users- 12GB RAM
- Upto 15 users- 16GB RAM
- Upto 20 users- 20GB+ RAM
4️⃣ Disk Space
- Required is 2.5GB disk space
- Additional software- 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime that is provided with the installation files
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Services that are connected:-
- 2x the size of the largest file that set to backup + 100 MB OR 2x the size to restore
- Minimum required 4.0GB RAM
- Installed natively and no need to run in the emulation software or virtual environment
- It supports regional settings when you set it to English
- Windows of US version
- In the case of Multi-user access, Administrator rights are required on the Server system.
6️⃣ Optical Drive: 4X DVD-ROM drive if you are doing CD installations
7️⃣ Screen Resolution
- 1280*1024 screen resolution is required or higher with up to 2 extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
8️⃣ Other Hardware Devices
- In the case of Warehouse Manager usage the supported devices are:-
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- Recommended is Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- The software also supports:-
- Symbol CS3070
- Socket Mobile CHS 7CI
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
1️⃣ Microsoft Office software compatibility
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 2019
- Office 365 including Outlook 2013, 2016 on both 32-bit and 64-bit
- In Microsoft Outlook the contact synchronization requires version 2013, 2016, or 2019
- Email invoices, estimates, and other forms with Microsoft 2016 to 2019
- Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, and other email clients that support SMTP
- For exporting reports, the required version of MS Excel is Office 365, 2013, 2016, and 2019
- The letters can be prepared using Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, 2019, or Office 365.
2️⃣ Another Software Compatibility
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0 and V18.0
- Internet Explorer 11
- Pro-Series tax year 2021
- Lacerte 2021
- Gmail, Windows Mail, AOL, Yahoo Email, and Hotmail
- TurboTax 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Payroll and other services and features that require internet access. Speed of the internet requires is 56kbps but recommended is 1 Mbps
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Payroll, Business Planner, and viewing forms that require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later version.
Antimalware and Antivirus Software Compatibility
1️⃣ Antivirus Software
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
2️⃣ Antimalware Software
- Zone Alarm
Can QuickBooks Desktop 2022 can be Downloaded with other Editions also?
The QuickBooks 2022 is now a subscription-based software. It gives you one benefit that you get is that you can now download and install multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on your single computer. You can use different editions not the same editions on a single computer. Like QuickBooks Enterprise 22.0 either QuickBooks Pro 2022 or QuickBooks Premier 2022.
How Many Ways of the Update to QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
For updating the older QuickBooks version to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop 2022, there are 2 ways. These 2 ways are mentioned with detailed steps.
1️⃣ Manual Updates
- If the QuickBooks is opened then close it properly
- Go and click on the Windows Start menu button
- Look for the QuickBooks software
- Then right-click on it and select the Run as Administrator option
- Click on the Help menu option
- Further, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- In the open up window, click on the tab Options to open it
- Tick mark the option Mark All
- Then click on the Save button to save all the changes
- Click on the tab named Update Now
- Then tick mark the box Reset Update
- When all set, click on Get updates to start downloading the updated version
- Reopen the QuickBooks software
- It asks you to install the downloaded updates then click on Yes to agree for installation.
- After completing the installation, restart your system.
2️⃣ Set Automatic Updates
- Open QuickBooks Desktop software
- Click on the Help menu option
- From further options, choose Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Then click on the tab Update Now
- If you want to clear all your previous updates then click on the Reset Update box
- In the tab Update now, click on the Get Updates button for downloading the update
- After downloading the update, close and then restart your QuickBooks software
- After restarting, you get a pop-up box asking for installation of a new release then click on yes to accept it
- When the installation is completed you are done with the update to the latest release.
Repair and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop 2022
If you get a repair message, the best way to fix it is to repair it. If you don’t repair it at the same time then the next time whenever you open QuickBooks Desktop 2022, you might receive a missing installation file message. So the best way is to learn how to repair or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
- QuickBooks returns it to its initial installation state, removing all further upgrades when you try to repair QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
- QuickBooks can only be repaired by the windows admin.
If Automatic Updates is enabled, QuickBooks will reinstall all current updates. If not, you’ll have to manually start the updates:
- Select the Help option from the menu bar.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop should be selected.
- Click the Update Now button.
- The download will begin after you click Get Updates.
- When the download is complete.
- QuickBooks should be restarted.
Is it required to Uninstall the Older QuickBooks Desktop Version?
Firstly, you are supposed to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop (the current or earlier version). Sometimes, you can have concerns about running prior versions of QuickBooks alongside QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
However, you don’t need to worry, you can still install multiple versions of QuickBooks on a single desktop.
64-bit systems have been available for a while and are compatible with 32-bit QuickBooks. You also have the option of installing Enterprise 22.0 and QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2022. However, If you need to remove QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and get back the prior version, or the other way around, things can get a bit problematic.
For Example: Some of the files may get harmed if you want to uninstall 64-bit QuickBooks Desktop 2022 to the 32-bit version of QuickBooks.
How to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop 2022 if you want to have the QuickBooks Desktop 32- bit Version
If you want to have a 32-bit version of QuickBooks Desktop and need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop 2022, follow the steps below.
- You are prompted to repair your previous QuickBooks version at the end of the uninstall process
- Select Finish to allow the uninstaller to finish repairing the 32-bit version of QuickBooks
- If you cancel the repair, you may receive an error warning regarding missing installation files the next time you open QuickBooks.
How to keep the Current QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Uninstall the Previous Version?
If you want to have the current QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and uninstall any earlier 32-bit versions of QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps.
- First, uninstall your previous QuickBooks version
- Then launch QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- Now you will be asked to repair QuickBooks
- To get your QuickBooks Desktop 2022 repaired, click on the Continue button.
Please keep in mind that if you have Automatic updates switched off, you will need to manually update it once the repair is done.
You get a full guide about the QuickBooks Desktop 2022. It includes everything that you must know about to get up and started with this accounting software. For any query issues, or problems get in touch with the Dancing Numbers helpdesk team. They assist you with all the solutions and answers whenever required.
What are the Steps to Check Which Version you are using and the Latest Update of QuickBooks Desktop 2022 is Required or not?
The steps to check for updates are as follows:
In QuickBooks Desktop software
On your keyboard, press the key F@ or Ctrl + 1
It opens up the window of Product Information on your screen
From here, you can check the release and version that you are using currently.
The latest version update is totally up to you that you want to update it or not according to our requirement or purpose of use.
What is meant by the long-term plans for your QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
The QuickBooks software is used by millions of users who are running small and medium-sized businesses. while making the transition to subscription-only; QuickBooks commits to focusing on the investment to deliver the services of great value features for your clients.
Till When do you get the Support from Intuit for the non-subscription Products of QuickBooks?
The support provided by Intuit for the non-subscription versions are as follows:
Support for 2019 till May 2022
Support for 2020 till May 2023
Support for 2021 till May 2024
But the Dancing Numbers team is providing support for all the QuickBooks versions whether they are older versions or the latest version.