“QuickBooks Has Encountered a Problem and Needs to be Closed. We are Sorry for the Inconvenience” Don’t panic after reading this error code 6189. We are here to give you a solution to fix the same.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816?
- When you don’t have sufficient memory or there is any malicious application intervene in your system.
- Also, defects can happen at the time runtime if a certain issue is not experienced and resolved t the time of designing and testing.
- Programmers code anticipating the recurrence of errors at the time of software design. But, no perfect designs are there, as errors can be expected even with the best program design.
The best part about this error is that it can be resolved with minimal effort. We will get to know about it in this module.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
Solution 1: Upgrade the Malware Protection
Malware infection creating the runtime error 6189 -816 on the system must rapidly be prevented, quarantined, or deleted. Kindly ensure that you update the virus program and run a thorough scan of the system or, run Windows update, so you can get the recent malware definition and resolve it.
Solution 2: Get rid of the Conflicting Programs
When you get a Runtime Error, please keep in mind that it is happening because of the programs which are conflicting with each other. The primary thing you are required to do to get rid of the issue is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Firstly, Turn on the Task Manager by hitting the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time. This will allow the users to view the list of programs presently running.
- Secondly, navigate to the Processes tab and turn off the programs one by one highlighting each program and clicking the End Process button.
- After that, you are required to observe if the error message will reoccur every time you stop a process.
- And Lastly, Once you get to know that which program is creating the issue, you may go ahead with the next method which can assist you to get rid of the issue which is reinstalling the application.
Solution 3: Delete the Unnecessary Files to have the Space at Disk
You might also be encountered runtime errors due to the very low free space on the system.
- You are required to consider backing up the files and freeing up space on the hard drive.
- Also, You need to clear the cache and Restart the System.
- You are also required to run Disk Cleanup, Open the explorer window and right-click on the main directory (this is usually C:).
- Hit on the Properties and after that hit on the Disk Cleanup.
Solution 4: Configure or Upgrade the Conflicting Programs
Through Control Panel
- In Windows 7, Hit the Start Button, After that hit on the Control Panel Option, and post that uninstall a program.
- In Windows 8, Hit the Start Button, after that scroll down and hit More Settings, and post that hit on the Control panel and Uninstall a Program.
- In Windows 10, Just simply write the Control Panel in the search box and hit on the result, after that hit on the uninstall the program.
- Hit the problem program once inside Programs and functions, and hit on the Update or Uninstall option.
- If you select to update, then you will just require to adhere the instructions which are visible on the screen to complete the process, but if you select to Uninstall, you are required to adhere the instructions or prompt to uninstall and after that re-download or use the application’s installation disk to install the program again.
Using Other Methods
- In Windows 7, You are required t search the list of all installed programs when you hit the Start option and scroll the mouse over the list which is visible on the tab. The list utility for uninstalling the program is might be visible to you. You may go forward and uninstall using utilities present in this tab.
- In Windows 10, You are required to hit the Start option, After that Settings, then Select Apps.
- You are required to scroll down to have a look on the list of Apps and functions which are installed in the system.
- Hit the Program which is creating the runtime issue, then you are required to Uninstall or click Advanced Options to reset the application.
Solution 5: Reset the Internet Explorer
If you are getting the QuickBooks error 6189 which is connected with the Internet Explorer, you are required to adhere to the below-mentioned steps:
Reset the Browser
- In Windows 7, You are required to hit the start option, navigate to Control Panel, and after that hit on the Internet Options on the left side. Then you are required to Click Advanced Tab and post that hit the Reset button.
- In Windows 8 and 10, You are required to hit the search option and type Internet Options, then navigate to Advanced tab and hit the Reset Option.
Disable Script Debugging and Error Notifications
- On the same Internet Options window, You are required to navigate to the Advanced Tab and look for Disable script debugging.
- Hit a check mark on the radio button.
- At the same time, Uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error“ item and after that hit Apply and OK, Then restart the system.
Solution 6: Configure the Runtime Libraries or Upgrade it
There might be chances to get the error due to the update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed accurately or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the recent package and install a fresh copy.
- You are required to uninstall the package by going to Programs and functions, Find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributive Package.
- Also, Hit on the Uninstall on top of the list, and once it is completed, restart the system.
- Download the recent Redistributive package from Microsoft then Install It.
Solution 7: Update the Graphics Driver
If the error is connected with the bad graphics driver, then you are required to perform the following steps:
- Firstly, You are required to open the Device Manager, Locate the graphics driver.
- Secondly, Click right the video card driver and after that hit on the Uninstall Option, Once it’s done you are required to reboot the system.
If these quick fixes do not work, you are always required to have the Backup Files and run repair reinstall on the system. However, you can do that at a later stage at the time while the solutions listed here did not do the job.
Runtime Code 6189 816 happens when QuickBooks fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It does not necessarily mean that the code was damaged in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will be visible as an irritating pop-up on the system’s screen unless handled and rectified. Here are symptoms, reasons, and ways to get rid of this issue.
We hope by adhering to the steps which are given above in this article you are now able to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6189, -816.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.