QuickBooks is called the best bookkeeping and accounting software for a specific reason. The reason is that is a robust software that has helped many business owners and entrepreneurs across the nation to handle and run their organization seamlessly.
Linking your bank account with QuickBooks accounting software enables you to handle your bank transactions automatically. And with the addition of QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS), credit card processing has turned out to be very simple and easy.
Point of Sale is added in QuickBooks and for the security of the customer data it is encrypted. However, it is quite likely that you may experience some POS issues and errors with the devices that are running. In today’s article, we will talk about the top 5 most common support issues with QuickBooks POS and ways to fix them.
What are the Most Common Support Errors for QuickBooks Point of Sale and How to Fix them?
Error 1: Server Connecting Data File to QuickBooks Point of Sale Workstation
Often users experience a problem, where the server has difficulty linking to the QuickBooks Point of Sale data file. The most known solution to this issue is just rebooting the system.
In case this does not fix the problem, you need to shut down the workstation experiencing the issue and then reboot the server that is hosting the workstation with the help of the steps given below:
- First, you need to shut down the workstation on which the QuickBooks POS is installed
- Next, reboot the particular server
- Wait till the reboot process is complete
- Reboot the system
- Begin QuickBooks POS on your system
- The computer must connect automatically to the database file of QuickBooks POS on the particular server
Error 2: Invalid Product Number or Invalid Product code
This particular error can occur when the Point of Sale System is upgraded by the user or tries to include more users. Accessing the wrong product key can also give rise to this issue.
Below are the simple steps to authenticate the product code:
- Press on the Help option. Now click on the option About Point of Sale
- Look for the Product Number
- If the Product Number is right, take a look if you are signed as an Admin into Windows or you are logged in as a user
- In case you have erased administrator rights, it would signify that the POS Client Entitlement Folder is corrupted or damaged
- To fix such damaged files, press on the Windows Key and then click the Start button, and then click Control Panel
- Now choose Folder Options and press the particular View tab. Now click Show Hidden Files, Drives, or Folders
- Press OK
- Press the Local Disk C: : > go to Program data > click Intuit > open Entitlement Client > v8 [Windows 7 and Vista]. You can also navigate to Local Disk C: > Click on Program Data > Select Intuit > Open Entitlement Client > v8 [Windows 8]
- Next, choose all the files in the particular folder and erase them
- Launch QuickBooks POS
- If the problem is still there, you will need to re-install the Point of Sale software
You must read also: QuickBooks POS Error 176109: Invalid Product Code
Error 3: Monitoring Promotions
The Point of Sale software will often run into problems with reporting and monitoring sales. In case you are running sales or special promotions, this issue may give rise to issues with precisely tracking data. It can be a serious issue when transactional data or reports are required.
When the system cannot monitor or report such sales, the easiest and fastest way to fix it is to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team.
Error 4: Some installation problems for certain update releases
Updating the Point of Sale software from version 12.0 R1 to R4 can trigger this issue. When the file is open post-upgrading, the system may experience longer than usual load times. To fix this issue, your particular system needs to be a minimum of three times the size of your company data file in storage. Make sure all QuickBooks Point of Sale workstations are updated to the same version too.
The installation should be finished prior to using the software. The issue may arise if the update is discontinued before completion. Finishing an update before completion can also give rise to data loss.
Here are the important points to consider to resolve this issue:
- Upgrade all your particular systems to R4 release to stay away from connectivity problems or even storage exchange methods.
- Make sure that the Disk space available on C Drive is a minimum three times the company file size
- Make sure that the update is not canceled after the process initiates. Also, use POS only when post upgrade of the database is done
5th Error: Use Violation Error Messages
Access violation error messages usually arise when the system fails to have adequate resources. It can also arise if the POS is out of date. Damaged to your particular system hardware along with memory can also give rise to the error.
Usually, a simple reboot of the system can solve this problem. Add to it, make sure the Point of Sale software is upgraded to its latest version. In case the issue still exists, you may be required to reinstall a copy of QuickBooks.
Here are the steps to solve this error:
- First, you need to update your QuickBooks to its most current release
- Close QuickBooks Point of Sale and then reopen it
- In case the issue still persists, shut the QuickBooks POS and then restart your system.
Note: If the solution stated above helps you to fix the error, you need to restart your system once a day at least. The second obvious cause behind the occurrence of the error is a corrupted data file or program file. It can be fixed with the help of the steps given below:
- Shift to the Practice Mode in your QuickBooks POS with the help of a practicing company that has the software
- Now perform the steps again in the practicing company that triggered the issue in your regular company file
- If the issue arises again with the practicing organization, uninstall QuickBooks POS and then reinstall POS. Next, shift from the practice mode to your usual file and then repeat the steps to prevent the error from occurring again.
Businesses that use QuickBooks Point of Sale Support to optimize their inventory and sales processes will find it to be an invaluable resource. Businesses may guarantee the seamless operation of their Point of Sale system, optimizing productivity and customer pleasure, by comprehending typical problems, putting efficient solutions into place, consulting experts when necessary, and embracing best practices. Businesses can successfully use QuickBooks Point of Sale to fuel development and success with the correct assistance.