QuickBooks needs no introduction any more as it has become a very often used software when it comes to finance management. Its advancement and accuracy are the best features that are highly appreciated. So far we also have discussed every possible common error one may come across.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks POS Error 176109 is another common issue that users may face while using QuickBooks Point of Sale. This error can typically occur when a user tries to open or register the Point of Sale application. With this, an error message abruptly appears on your screen saying, “Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.“
Causes of QuickBooks POS Error 176109
The error message of this situation depicts that the product code which is being used for the registration of the QuickBooks POS is incorrect. However, there can be several other issues that may also promote QuickBooks POS Error 176109. Few of them are listed below:
- Corrupt or damaged QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) entitlement folder is one of the most apparent reasons behind the QuickBooks POS Error 176109.
- Lack of proper admin rights can also bring forth error code while registering POS.
- You may receive QuickBooks error message 176109 due to wrong product code while the installation process of Point of Sale.
Points to Consider Before Troubleshoot the QuickBooks POS Error 176109
Considering the below-given pointers, you can also make the troubleshooting process more effective and less troublesome:
- As per the recommendation, you should create a backup of your company file before getting started with the troubleshooting steps. It can most definitely prevent a daunting data-disaster.
- You also need to ensure that the QuickBooks POS is updated to the latest maintenance release. If not, then you should get it completed before trying the error-removal steps.
- Since, QuickBooks POS entitlement folder is a hidden folder in Windows, you need to change the Windows settings to show hidden files. You may require to delete this folder to resolve this error (176109).
How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid Product Number Error?
Since we know the reason and how these can be avoided, let’s get to some effective troubleshooting steps that can help you to overcome the QuickBooks error message: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.
Solution 1: Delete the Contents of the Point of Sale Entitlement Folder and Try
For Windows 8:
- Press and hold the Start button, then select File Explorer.
- Then you have to click on View and then you have to check the hidden items checkbox.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8” in the window that is on the left.
- Now you have to select all files and then you have to click on Delete.
- You have to open point of Sale again to register yourself and then you have to complete the process.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Begin by right-clicking on the Start button and then you have to open Windows Explorer.
- After clicking Organize, choose Folder.
- Then you have to click on View and then you have to select Show hidden files.
- Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the left window.
- You have to select all files and then click on Delete.
- Reopen the Point of Sale to finish the registration process.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Remove the QuickBooks Point of Sale software.
- Reinstall the point of sale in QuickBooks.
- Run a repair re-installation on the Point of Sale if an error arises.
- Check the license number and product number.
- Open the Point of Sale and sign up.
Solution 3: Delete the Entitlement Client Folder & Files
The QuickBooks Point of Sale has entitlement files in the particular folder that inform the software that the product is valid and registered. In order to re-enter the product and license information in the QuickBooks, you are required to find these files and delete them. For getting it done, you should follow the below-listed steps:
- You should locate the c program files folder and navigate to “C:\ Program Data \Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8”. Once this particular entitlement folder is opened up, you need to press the “CTRL+A” to select all the files inside the folder.
- Now you should hit the “Delete” button and then click. You need to press the “Yes” option to confirm the action.
- Finally, you should try to open the QuickBooks POS and try registering the application again.
If QuickBooks POS Error 176109 still is appearing before you, then you should try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 4: Renaming of the WS Activity File
Renaming the files can be another solution. In order to rename the WS activity file, you need to follow the below-explained steps:
- Login to the system and then you should press Windows Key + E to open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the path of C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Now you need to press the right-click on the WSActivity folder. Then you should select the Rename option from the drop-down list.
- Then you should add the OLD term at the starting of WSActivity (For example, OLDWSActivity) and then you should save it.
- Finally, you should exit the Windows and perform the same set of steps once again.
If you are still getting the same error again, you should move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
The tool named Clean installing the QuickBooks Point of Sale can also help to resolve issues during the installation. Or you can try to see the same at the time of running the software. Here are the steps to perform the clean installation:
Firstly, you should uninstall QuickBooks POS
- In order to open the run window, then you should tap the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Then you should write the term “Control Panel” in the Run window and press the Enter button.
- Next step is to select the Programs and Features.
- Then you need to click on Uninstall or Change after selecting QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 from the list of programs.
- After this, you should follow the instructions in order to complete the process.
Secondly, copy the Point of Sale data folder and paste it to the desktop. At the end of the folder name, add .OLD. Doing this will prevent QuickBooks POS from recognizing the folder and QuickBooks will create a new one. Now, follow the steps given below to delete the QBPOSDBSrvUSER Windows user:
- Then you should click on the Start menu and select the Control Panel.
- Next, choose User Accounts and then manage another account.
- Click Continue in the User Account window.
- Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click Delete the account.
- Affirm the folder is deleted.
- Reboot the system.
Now, reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
At any point, you feel that you need assistance. Do not hesitate to ask our team of experts. At Dancing Numbers, we completely understand your needs and the hour of requirements. Our assistance is available round the clock and you can avail it at your own convenience. Our experts will guide you throughout the error fixing process so that you can action up if same error occurs in the future.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can one Fix Invalid Product Number Error in QuickBooks POS?
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the Point of Sale entitlement folder and try.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Solution 3: You can also delete the entitlement client folder and files.
How do I Delete a Point of Sale in QuickBooks?
On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
Enter “Control Panel”, then select OK.
Select Programs and Features.
In the listed programs, you should select the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0, then you need to select Uninstall or Change.
Follow the prompts to complete the process.
How do I Unregister a QuickBooks License?
From the QuickBooks menu, you should select Manage My License.
Then you need to deauthorize the existing Computer.
Once you get the prompt, you need to select Deauthorize and Quit.
Then you should re-open QuickBooks and follow the registration process.
Is QuickBooks License Transferable?
Yes, you can always transfer a QuickBooks license from one computer to another. Before beginning the transfer process, Intuit recommends you first find your QuickBooks license number and product number.
How do I Transfer my QuickBooks License to a New Computer?
Ensure that you have product and license information.
Uninstall your QuickBooks in order to reinstall it.
Download QuickBooks Installation files or you can also insert QuickBooks installation CD in your new PC.
Then, Install QuickBooks.