Feeling stuck at QuickBooks error C=1304 and not sure about the solution to get rid of it?
This is a normally faced issue by the QuickBooks users and most of the time it occurs when the users try to update QuickBooks or install any program. As the error occurs, a pop-up is visible on the Window which reflects, “error writing to file (file name)”. In this situation, the users are required to ensure that they have the access to the directory.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
The users can also connect with the QuickBooks Data Recovery experts team at live chat, however we would recommend making an attempt first to resolve the error manually. This content will be considerate for the users to get rid f the error C=1304, by carrying out a few steps manually, however prior to that let us check out the reasons of the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error C=1304
There are three main reasons for occurring this error, mentioned-below:
- Any kind of issue with the CD Drive can be the most common reasons supporting the occurrence of this type of issue.
- Next reason which might lead to the error C=1304 can be, if the CD gets injured or the CD driver is not working in the proper manner.
- There can be the possibilities of any kind of loss to the Microsoft. Net components, then in this scenario the user might stumble on the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304.
Error Code C=1304 Analysis
After that we are aware of the causes of the error, let us get short information about QuickBooks error code C=1304. This kind of error can happen simply because of any issue with the CD or the CD drive. The problem can be fixed by copying the installation folders from CD to hard disk. At this moment, install QuickBooks from files copied from CD to hard disk. This would assist in resolving the error.
Best Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
Here are below- mentioned three steps to fix the QuickBooks Error c=1304. User can adhere to these steps in sequence as they are given below.
1st Way: Utilize the Installation CD to Replace Installation Files
In order to resolve the issue, the user can make use of the installation CD for replacing the installation files. This can be done by adhering the few simple steps given below:
- To begin with, the user needs to replace the installation files from CD to hard drive
- For doing this, the user is expected to insert QuickBooks CD into CD drive. As soon as the installation process gets begin, the user is required to hit on ‘QUIT‘ option.
- After that, navigate to C: drive, make a new folder and paste the files there.
- Choose the desktop on the left pane of window, in Windows Vista, hit Organize and then on New Folder.
- Once the New folder is visible, rename it to QuickBooks.
- Post that, in left pane, Click right on the QuickBooks CD and also hit on Explore, Followed by finding QuickBooks, other third party folders, & setup.exe file in right pane.
- The next step is to click and hold the Ctrl key, followed by choosing the folders and file.
- Here, On the highlighted folder, click right & choose Copy option.
- Post that the user is required to come back to QuickBooks folder, hit right on it and click on Paste option.
- At this point, from the folders which were copied earlier, the user is required to install QuickBooks.
- Post that the user should open the QuickBooks folder where the files were copied.
- On the setup.exe file, hit twice to start Installation process.
- The last and final step is to follow the onscreen instructions and complete installation.
2nd Way: Advanced Computer User Solution (To Restore it Manually)
In the situation mentioned above, method doesn’t work, then the user can choose for another solution which is Advanced computer user solution (To restore it manually). The steps tangled in this process are as given below:
- The primary step in the process is to log in as the system administrator.
- And post that, click on the start option. Here, the user is required to choose All Programs > System tools >Accessories, and then hit System Restore settings.
- Going forward, the user is required to choose “Restore my computer to an earlier mature” option, in the growth window.
- Restructure depletion from “On the list, click a modernized reduction list” and after that, hit Next.
- The last step is to reboot the system, as soon as the restoration is finished.
3rd Way: Scanning the Computer with Reimage Repair Tool
The user can make use of the re-image repair tool to scan, repair and get rid of the system errors like 1304 error of QuickBooks:
- The primary step is to Download reimage repair tool.
- Post that, the user is required to navigate the file location and then hit twice on it. With this the Installation process will get started, after which the User Account Control (UAC) will prompt ‘if you non-existence to control the program, hit Yes to continue.
- Here at this point the user will see a welcome screen, and after that the user needs to be sure that checkbox remains un-tick in order to allow the repair tool to scan. Post that, click Install to start the installation process.
- Now, the Reimage will install itself. Please be ensure that the internet connection is stable.
- Here the initial scan will also begin.
- Once the scanning is complete, the user will know the damaged areas of PC and would be able to repair. Hit ‘Start Repair‘ button in the bottom right corner.
- The end step is to reboot the system, once the repair process is finished.
Implementing any of the above stated methods can help the user in fixing the QuickBooks error C=1304. In case, the user continues to face any error, then reaching out to our 24*7 Dancing Numbers Experts via LIVE CHAT.
The team of our experts & certified professionals is always available to help our users with their issues and ensure that the work is streamlined. Thus, please do not hesitate to contact our Experts for any further details.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.