Having the Windows applications updated is an important task to retain the applications free from errors and to improve their efficiency and productivity. The most of the error in QuickBooks Accounting Software comes while installing the updates. This usually occurs because the QuickBooks update process requires external files needs to be downloaded on the Windows, and such files are required to be verified initially by the Windows operating system due to security concerns. In this writing, we will be find out the causes of QuickBooks Error 12029 along with some of the most effective fixing steps to rectify the error.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What Causes Error 12029 in QuickBooks Payroll Update?
This error comes to the picture in the application while the user tries to update the QuickBooks Desktop application or the Payroll functions. Few of the errors and misconfigurations in the Windows operating system occurs when QuickBooks cannot connect to the internet. Here are some reasons listed below which prompt the QuickBooks update error 12029.
- If your internet connection is, down or disconnected.
- Windows Firewall or third-party security applications like antivirus or anti-malware interrupting the download of the update file.
- You might have selected some other internet browser as default instead of Internet Explorer.
- If the SSL certificate used by the application is invalid or expired.
Troubleshooting Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 12029
Kindly know that prior proceeding further with the troubleshooting steps, be ensured that you have an active payroll subscription, and as your default internet browser you are using Internet Explorer.
Troubleshooting Way 1: Verify Internet Connectivity
A good internet connection is mandatory for the uninterrupted update process. The user should have the good internet connection settings to ensure internet connection misconfiguration is not the reason for the QuickBooks error 12029 as mentioned in the below given steps.
- Open Internet Explorer and access any safe website like www.google.com.
- If you can access the website, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
- If you get an error, while accessing the website, then check your internet connection settings for any misconfigurations.
- Make sure the time and date of your computer are set correct.
- Open Internet Explorer, click Tools at the top, and select Internet Options.
- Now under the Advanced tab click Reset/Restore Defaults.
- Hit Apply and then OK.
- Check for the status of the error 12029 in QuickBooks after running the update.
Troubleshooting Way 2: Exclude QuickBooks from Firewall Settings
Sometimes Windows Firewall control the user from downloading the updates as it identifies the update files as a threat to the system’s integrity. Adhering the steps below user will add the QuickBooks to the list of programs which are allowed to send and receive data from the internet which will eventually permits QuickBooks to install the updates without any hassle.
- Click the Start button on your Desktop and type Windows Firewall in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Click Windows Firewall from the list of programs.
- Under the Advanced settings right-click the Inbound Rules and click New Rule.
- Under the Programs click Next and select This Program Path.
- Select the QuickBooks file location and click Next.
- Choose Allow the Connection and then click Next.
- Make sure to check-mark all the check-boxes and hit Next.
- Mention the name for the rule and hit the option “Finish”.
- To set the outbound rules, repeat the same procedure of setting the Inbound rules.
- Make sure to select Outbound instead of Inbound this time.
Troubleshooting Way 3: Upgrade the Internet Connection Settings
User will not be able to download and install the payroll updates if the internet connection is set up in such a way that QuickBooks can’t communicate to the update server. Adhere the instructions mentioned-below and upgrade the internet connection settings so that QuickBooks will not come across with any trouble in downloading the updates.
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools under the Internet Options.
- Now under the General tab click Delete from the list, and select Temporary Internet Files then click Delete again.
- Under the Connections tab click LAN Settings and verify that the Automatically Detect Settings checkbox has a check-mark.
- Make sure the Proxy Server’s field is blank and click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab and make sure SSL 2.0 & SSL 3.0 is checked marked.
- Now scroll down and ensure that there is a check-mark on TLS 1.2 checkbox TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 check-box is blank.
Troubleshooting Way 4: Exclude QuickBooks from Third Party Security Applications
As there are multiple Antivirus and ad blockers available for the users, and it is impossible for us to give the user a single method to keep out QuickBooks from every program’s blocked list. If this error is arising because of any such application, then you might have required to contact the help of your security application.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Install/Update QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate
A security certificate of the software verifies that the application is accurate, and it can only download the updates from the update server if it has a valid authorization. With the instructions given below user will update the QuickBooks security certificate to correct the QuickBooks Error 12029.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and click Properties.
- Under the Shortcut tab click Open File Location and hit OK.
- Right-click the QuickBooks application’s .exe file and click Properties.
- Under the Digital Signatures tab select QuickBooks from the list and then hit Details.
- Now click View Certificate and under the General tab click Install Certificate.
- Under the Certificate Import Wizard window, make sure to set Current User as the Store Location and click Next.
- Click Next and Finish.
- Click OK on the import successful window.
We hope that you have got all the relevant information and also hope that the above stated information will assist you to fix Error – QuickBooks error 12029. However, if the issue still continue to occur then with any hesitation the user can always reach out to the team of professional for the technical guidance and assistance from accounting experts.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.