QuickBooks Desktop Update is generally a kind of software update that you must have whenever a new update release is done. The update helps you to increase productivity, lower manual power, save time, and improve efficiency. It also helps in lowering the chances of errors happening in your QuickBooks account while working. Know how to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Version.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks releases its latest update every couple of months or on yearly basis. If you are also a QuickBooks user and searching for a QuickBooks update process then here you get to know the complete process of update QuickBooks Desktop.
These updates are nothing but maintenance releases that help to run the software applying the changes done. QuickBooks Desktop Updates are absolutely free. It is very important to download and install the update for your QuickBooks Desktop to make it run efficiently. This article contains numerous methods of updating the QuickBooks Desktop. Keep reading this article till the end to get the proper and complete update.
Importance of Updating to the Latest Release of QuickBooks
The latest update always comes with many new features, benefits, bug fixes, and improvements. Updating to the latest release of QuickBooks is always a good idea with many perks in it. The new features and improved features make you work more automatically to save your time and grow your business more effectively. Here are a few features and benefits that you get in the latest release:
1. RFA Enhancements: You can easily send the request to the QuickBooks for second admin of software.
2. Improvements in Online Banking: The column’s customizations can be saved easily. Create the rules for money in transactions or running money out transactions. You have to assign a customer to the QuickBooks Desktop, job to the expenses, and in their banking transaction table.
3. Advanced User Management Feature: With this feature, you can manage the roles of users and permissions accordingly. The activity can be restricted particularly for user access so you can assign them specific permissions to the users. The employees who are from a group are allowed for the operation Payroll section.
4. Bug Fixes: Fixed the issues in 3 situations of data level permission:
- When report filter for (>=1) or (=) shows you that it is not correct.
- When the vendor groups with the credit balance that is greater than the 0 and also shows you the incorrect results.
- When you are not able to create transactions for the unpermitted customers from the Batch Enter transactions.
5. Inventory Aging Report: This report provides you the information like quality, acquisition, age, and quality of the stocks.
6. Tax 1099 NEC and MISC: QuickBooks Desktop now supports the 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC forms that can be e-filled and printed easily.
Steps to Check the Latest QuickBooks Desktop Update
Firstly, check whether the latest update QuickBooks Desktop is available or not. If not available then it is up-to-date. But if the update is available then do update it. To check, you have to follow the steps below:
- On your Windows Desktop screen.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop Icon.
- Double-click to open the QuickBooks application.
- Then open the Product Information window by pressing the F2 key.
- In this window, you can check the latest version you have.
- Also, check whether the update is available or not.
Know Ways to Update QuickBooks Desktop
Being a QuickBooks user you have options of multiple methods to update QuickBooks Desktop. Different users have different preferences for updating the QuickBooks. Some of the frequent methods are given below which helps you to understand the methods and allows you to get the updates download and install anytime.
- Automatic QuickBooks Desktop Updates
- Schedule for Automatic QuickBooks Desktop Updates
- Manual QuickBooks Desktop Updates
- QuickBooks Desktop Release Download
- On-Demand QuickBooks Desktop Update Method
Once you download the QuickBooks Desktop Update you can install them or it starts automatically installing the updates. For multi-user, you are required to install the updates on all the computers.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Desktop Update
As mentioned that there are 4 ways to update QuickBooks Desktop, now we are going to explain one-by-one methods.
Automatic QuickBooks Desktop Update
This is one of the best and simple methods. You need to just set the default setting in your QuickBooks Desktop and then it will search for the latest update and install it when you are not working or not using the internet. You can also disable this function.
Steps to disable or enable the automatic update settings:
- To enable or disable the automatic setting, first, open QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help option.
- Now click on the option.
- To enable this setting click the Yes, and if you want to disable it click on No.
Schedule for Automatic QuickBooks Desktop Updates
This method helps you in downloading the update automatically when it is scheduled. In case you are working but it shows you that the update is available then you can schedule it and it automatically download the update at that time. Here are the steps to schedule the automatic update:
- On QuickBooks Desktop software screen.
- Click on the Help menu option that is on the top.
- Further, click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- In the open up window, click on the Options tab.
- Now, click on the Yes button that turns on automatic updates.
- In the end, click on the Close button and you are done.
Manual QuickBooks Desktop Updates
Manual updates allow you to Update QuickBooks Desktop instantly. For manual installation of QuickBooks, the Desktop update follow the below points.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and files.
- Do right click on QuickBooks and click on the option Run as Administrator.
- Now go to the Help option using the No company open screen.
- Select the option update the QuickBooks.
- Click on the checkbox mark all.
- You have to Save this to proceed further.
- Press the Update now button and also select Reset Update Box.
- Finally, click the Get Update button.
- Once updates are done close QuickBooks and open it again to get the option to install updates.
- Click Yes button is asked for update installation.
- Restart your computer when the installation is done.
QuickBooks Desktop Release Download
You can use this option if you don’t want to update the install using the update feature. For multiple copies of QuickBooks, you should update all the copies. Failing this results in issues with opening the company file.
QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier multi-user Mode
You should install the QuickBooks updates on all the PCs if your company allows you to use QuickBooks Premier or pro in multi-user mode. Just connect all computers with the internet and download the updates on one PC on your network. Follow the below steps to share that update with all computers.
- Open the shard QuickBooks company file.
- Click on the Help menu option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the option Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the tab named Options.
- You have to set the Share Download.
- Then click on the Yes button.
- Now click the Save button.
After sharing the updates you need to install them using the below steps:
- Click the Latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the File menu option.
- Then click on Open or Restore company file.
- Click on the Company file option and press the Next button.
- Locate the company file and click on the Open button to open it.
At this step, if you see a new window move the company file follow the below method:
- You have to read the message in the Update company file that is for the new version.
- You have to tick mark the box to agree and then click on the Update Now button.
- Proceed with the instructions shown on the screen.
- After making a backup of files, you see the confirmation on your screen as Do you want to continue.
- Then click on the Yes button.
This method helps to download and install the updates immediately using the Intuit server. In this method, it is not important to close the QuickBooks software you can keep working. First, you have to check if any update is available or not using the below steps.
- Double click on the QuickBooks application.
- Click on the menu option Help.
- Then select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Search option Update now and click on it.
- Now mark the update which you want to download and then click Get updates.
- At this step, click Maintains Releases and you will see a new page with changes happening in the update.
- Close the window and restart the computer.
- After restarting, click Yes button when you see the message asking click install now to get the update installed.
- Restart your computer to install and apply the QuickBooks Desktop update.
QuickBooks Desktop Update is mandated to run your QuickBooks software as per the latest release and software update. If QuickBooks Desktop Update is not updated timely it may create many issues while working. So, this article helps you to download and install updates for single/multiple PCs.
As mentioned above there are four methods to get the update done on your computer for QuickBooks Desktop Update. You can follow any one of the methods and get your latest release update now. While performing these steps if you have questions or require any help simply get in touch with the Dancing Numbers experts team. You get the best assistance by getting the proper solutions and answers to your queries.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
How to Find License and Product Number after QuickBooks Desktop Update if it is required to Enter?
You must be ready with your product and license number as sometimes QuickBooks ask the keys for activation after updating QuickBooks to latest release. To get the QuickBooks license and product number the steps are as follows:
If you have a downloaded product purchased online then you can find this information in your registered email.
If you have purchased a CD then you have to check the label that have all the information on it.
What if I am using the Payroll Subscription then do I have to Update it Separately with QuickBooks Update?
No, there is no need to update payroll separately. It automatically get you the updates according to your subscriptions. In case there are any issues in tax table or calculations then you can manually update the payroll tax table if required.
Does is it Important to Restart the Computer after QuickBooks Desktop Update?
Yes, it is important as it refreshes the system preferences and apply the changes properly to your system. Do restart as admin and run the software as an administrator.
Can I Restore my Company File after QuickBooks Desktop Upgrade from the Backup that I took before Upgrading the Software?
Yes, you can restore the company file after upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop if there is any issues in your data file. The restoration process is easy. You have to click on File and then click on open or restore the company file. After that, click on browse option and choose the file to open it. When it’s open successfully then it’s done.