Errors are something that a user never wants to witness, but the unfortunate fact is that this is something beyond our control. However, it can be fixed by following tried and tested ways enlisted in this article.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Payroll is a huge deal for small to medium-sized organizations using QuickBooks as it automates the paycheck disbursal process quite expertly and takes care of numerous federal and state tax forms like 940, 941, W-2, etc. It is an ever-evolving software, coming up with new useful functions with every new update. But, bugs like QuickBooks error 15270 are often visible at the time of trying to install the deleted updates.
What are the reasons for the QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
- The process of QuickBooks installation is incomplete.
- Internet Explorer browser is not the default browser.
- The programs which are active and running on the desktop window are crashing
- In various cases, the system also crashes while running a same kind of program.
- The Windows program is either damaged or infected and the bad Internet network.
- An incorrect QuickBooks update or Firewall is Blocking the server communication.
- The account settings is turned on and blocking internet connection.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270 (At the time of download the Payroll Update)
Check out the below-mentioned to get rid of the payroll update error 15270:
Method 1: In selective startup install QuickBooks Desktop
- In the first step you are required to make sure that the subscription is active.
Secondly, In Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll application: select the Employees Tab > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences files.
- Here at this point, Sign-in the Intuit Account, verify the ‘QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance‘ page & subscription activity.
- Make the Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- After that, Disable the ‘User Account Control‘ icon as shown in the below screenshot.
- Select the ‘Repair QuickBooks Desktop‘ option.
- And finally you need to choose the ‘Selective Startup‘ to do the clean installation process.
Method 2: Configure the Quick fix my program
- In this method, you will have to Download QuickBooks Tools hub, and then move to the downloads by pressing Ctrl + J keys.
- Once the above steps are done now, you are required to double-click the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- And after that, follow the instructions which are visible on the screen in order to install it.
- Now, you are required to open QuickBooks Tools Hub from the desktop.
- In this step, navigate to the Program problems tab and after that click on the Quick Fix my Program.
- The process needs some time to get completed.
- Post the above process is completed, you are required to Reboot QuickBooks desktop.
After that, If the QuickBooks update services message pop-up, in that case hit on Install now option.
Method 3: Configure the Reboot.bat file
Here are a few steps are given which needs to be followed:
- Turn off QuickBooks Desktop and open the folder which has ‘Reboot.bat file‘.
- Click right on QuickBooks icon and select Properties and select the ‘Open File Location‘.
- Click right on Reboot.bat file and choose ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- This window which is visible with file name will shut off naturally post the reboot.bat file utility is finished.
Method 4: QuickBooks Desktop Clean Install Utility as mentioned-below
We can use the clean installation tools & resolve the issue and after that, move ahead with the process of QuickBooks Clean Installation.
- In this step, You need to uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- After that rename the folders.
- Followed by Reinstalling the software.
And verify, if the error is solved or not.
Method 5: The Incorrect Identification number
QuickBooks Error 15270 can incur if the identification number is not correct. Make sure that you have written the correct and valid employee identification number (EIN). The error can also incur if the social security number or service key has been filled is not correct.
Method 6: EIN and Service key Verification
When you are using social security numbers in place of the employer identification number, then such an error, or if you have not registered a service key. You are required to confirm these items on the QuickBooks desktop.
Method 7: Use Internet Explorer as Default Browser
Intuit advises the user to set the Internet Explorer as the default browser to configure QuickBooks. If the Internet Explorer has not been set as the default browser, then you may see some bugs. A user can set it as default by adhering to the below-mentioned steps:
- Find the ‘App Defaults‘ in the search bar of Window.
- Search the ‘Web Browser‘ and Set ‘Internet Explorer‘ as the default app.
Method 8: Update QuickBooks Payroll Manually
- At first, Restart QuickBooks.
- Click on the ‘Install Later‘ option in ‘QuickBooks Update Service‘
- Navigate to the ‘Help‘ icon and then, Hit on ‘Update QuickBooks‘.
- In the ‘Update QuickBooks‘ field, Hit on ‘Update Now‘ option.
- Confirm the reset update with ‘OK‘.
- Post completion of the update, you will get the ‘Get Updates‘ options which has been activated (as shown in the below given screenshot).
- At this step, a notification will be visible as ‘Update Complete‘ reboot QuickBooks.
- If ‘QuickBooks Update Service‘ is visible again, Select the ‘Install Now’ button.
- Find and choose ‘Employees‘ tab >> ‘Get Payroll Updates‘ option.
- Select the ‘Download Entire Payroll Update‘ after Installing Payroll updates again.
- Select the ‘Update‘ icon.
Method 9: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
- User is required to click on Windows Start main tab and then hit to the Control Panel.
- Once it’s done, if it fails to choose, then hit on classic view as given on the left side.
- After that click on the Users Accounts twice.
- Post that, hit on and turn user account control as ON or OFF.
- Now move ahead to next step is to clear the use user account control which assist and save the desktop as well as the software and click on OK tab in the end.
- Once the above steps are done, Restart the System.
- Here you are also required to reboot the QuickBooks software and Reopen the Company File.
Method 10: Confirm if the subscription is active
- For basic, standard or enhanced payroll, firstly, you are required to hit on the Employees tab & then hit on My Payroll Service following the Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences option. After that, log in to the Intuit Account using the credentials to see the QuickBooks payroll account maintenance page and then confirm if the subscription is active.
- In the other hand, for assisted payroll, you need to hit on the Employees tab and after that hit on My Payroll Service followed by Account Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences. Once the QuickBooks payroll account maintenance opens up, you should turn off the screen to confirm the update suddenly and then verify the payroll service again.
Method 11: Turn off the User Account Control (UAC)
- In this method, You will first have to press Windows + R keys, to open the run box.
- Secondly, Type in control panel in the run command and after that hit OK.
- If the above steps are done now it’s time to move ahead to the next step which is to click on user accounts.
- And after that, Hit a change user account control settings option.
- Next step in the process is to navigate the slider to never notify option
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How can We Get Rid of the QuickBooks Error 15270 Swiftly?
Step 1: In the first step, Download all Pending Updates of the QuickBooks payroll.
Step 2: Secondly, Confirm if the Payroll Subscription is activated or not.
Step 3: Reconfirm the EIN & Services keys.
Step 4: Now run “Quick Fix My Program” in the Tool hub.
Step 5: Revise the UAC settings.
Step 6: Now use the Windows repair utility.
What are the Reasons for the QuickBooks 15270 Error?
The payroll subscription is currently inactive. The user is entering the incorrect EIN (Employee Identification Number). The Payroll service key is not added yet by the user in QuickBooks. UAC setting doesn’t allow QuickBooks to download updates.