Generally, QuickBooks Desktop Update errors (No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update) happen because of 4 primary reasons: internet connection isn’t working, security software interfering with download and installation of the update, system date and time settings aren’t accurate, or another instance of QuickBooks is already running in the background. Depending upon the cause, you need to follow steps to fix QuickBooks Desktop update errors.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
In most cases, this error occurs because the network connection isn’t working. Before proceeding to the other reasons, you should check if your internet connection is working. If it isn’t, reach out to your internet service provider for getting the issue fixed. If your internet connection isn’t the cause, then follow the methods listed for the other reasons. And if you can’t resolve the error on your own, you can rely on our experts who can fix the error for you.
Definition of the QuickBooks Update Error “No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update”
No version of QuickBooks is commonly used format of error code that is used by Window’s or the software that are compatible with Windows along with diver vendors. This code helps vendors to know about the error caused. “No version of QuickBooks was found to update” has the technical description and numeric error number in few cases, the parameter of this error may be some more.
Causes Behind the No Versions of QuickBooks was Found to Update
The no version of QuickBooks available to update error occurs owing to damaged Windows system files. Corrupted entries of computer’s file can demonstrate as the severe warning for the system’s well-being.
There might be some other factors which can entail the system file errors such as:
- Incomplete installation
- Incomplete uninstall
- No proper deletion of Applications and Hardware
- In case you are using the computer which is recovered from the adware or spyware or a virus attach or from the corrupt shut-down
The factors given above will lead to the corruption or deletion of entries in Windows system files. Corrupted files will lead to the information linked wrongly and missing files which are required for the applications proper working.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Update Error “No Versions of QuickBooks was Found to Update”
Errors at the time of update of QuickBooks are quite usual and can visible anytime in the application during various operations. QuickBooks Update error can affect the QuickBooks Desktop functions like payroll, & the time while the user encounters any of the update errors, the application does not allow the user to download or install any updates. We all must be aware that how important it is to install the updates of any application is, as it helps the users to get rid of the bugs from the application, make it more secure and adds new functions for user benefit. QuickBooks, like other application developers also release regular updates of QuickBooks Desktop and in case if the users are getting the errors while installing the updates, then adhere the troubleshooting mentioned further in this module for a rapid solution.
What Trigger QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors?
There are numerous types of update error that one can encounter, and each error shows a non-identical error code, some common update errors. Also, t you might come across errors like 12045, 12157, 12038, 12037, 1603, 15271, PS038, & QuickBooks Error 404. Below are few of the familiar reasons which cause update errors in QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Incorrect Date and Time settings on your Windows computer.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from downloading updates.
- More than one installation of QuickBooks Desktop on Windows.
Method 1: Verify the Date and Time on the System
- Make sure that the date and time displayed on your system are correct if not then right-click the date and time displayed in the lower right corner of your desktop screen & choose Adjust Date and Time.
- Unmark Set the Time Automatically slider box and click Change under the Change the date and time settings.
- Now set correct date and time and make sure that Set the Time Zone Automatically option is turned on.
- Click Change and close the Date and Time window.
- Open QuickBooks and try to download the updates again.
Method 2: Check and Set up the Internet Connection
- User is required to open the Internet Explorer and navigate to a safe website which the user regularly visit like intuit.com.
- If you are not able to access the website or getting any error message like Unable to Connect to the Internet, then contact your IT person or Support for help. If the website is loaded well, then adhere the following troubleshooting step.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and under the Help tab click Internet Connection Setup.
- Click Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.
- Hit Next and choose Advanced Connection Settings.
- Now click Restore Advanced Settings under the Advanced tab.
- Click OK and then hit Done.
Method 3: Configure the Computer’s Firewall Settings
- Press the Start button and search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the list and click the Port Monitor option.
- Note down the Port Number of your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now click the Start button again and search for Windows Firewall.
- Select Windows Firewall and click the Advanced Settings option from the left.
- Now right-click the Inbound Rules option and hit New Rule.
- Click Port and then hit Next.
- The TCP option must be enabled.
- Now, checkmark the Specific Local Ports and enter the port number in the text box.
- Click Next and choose Allow the Connection.
- Click Next and type a name for this new rule.
- Now follow the same steps to set the outbound rules for QuickBooks.
Method 4: Get rid of the Second Copy of QuickBooks Desktop
We suggest our users to get rid of the other copy of the application and keep only one application installed on the system. If an identical version of QuickBooks Desktop is installed more than once on the computer then it can cause the user to face update errors.
Method 5: Open QuickBooks as an Administrator
The QuickBooks Desktop update error might also occur while the user is restricted to have admin accesses to install the newest update. To solve this, you are required to run QuickBooks as an administrator. Here’s how:
- Exit all the programs running on your computer.
- Reboot the system.
- Find and right-click the QuickBooks.
- Then, Select Run as Administrator.
If our users still get QuickBooks desktop pro updates error, then they are required to navigate to the next troubleshooting step.
Method 6: Try to Run Quick Fix my Program
We can utilize the Quick Fix my Program to get rid of the crucial update issue. Users are required to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on the system workstation to run the tool. Below are few useful steps given for your kind reference:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Obtain the most updated version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from downloads.
- Install the tool hub by following the prompted steps.
- Mark Agree to the terms and conditions box to proceed.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub opens, choose the Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
In any situation where QuickBooks break down to update error still appears, proceed to the next step.
Method 7: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the QuickBooks update issue comes at the time of installing the files, users can fix the issue with the help of QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub. Below are few useful steps to take so:
- Once again, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Within the tool hub, click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Next, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- The tool will run to fix the installation issues.
- Restart your workstation once the tool repairs the installation errors.
There are still possibilities that you can get a new QuickBooks update Error post adhering all the steps given in this article as QuickBooks is an extensive application and required various system resources to function, even a minor misconfiguration in Windows and application’s settings can trigger update errors.
We have tried to update the maximum information for you. However, if you still face any challenges you can always reach out to the team of experts without any hesitation at our Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Why no Version of QuickBooks was found to update Error Occur?
This mistake has multiple causes including:
When running several applications.
System opening will be slower and response time will lag.
If the Windows operating system becomes corrupted or damaged.
Users might be experiencing the freezes & crashes issues also.
Excessive startup entries.
Unnecessary or redundant program installations.
Fragmented file, Hardware/Ram decline can also be either of them & more.
What are the System Requirements to Repair this Error using the Repair Tools?
The repair tool assist the user to locate, identify, and fix the QuickBooks Desktop Update Error “no version of QuickBooks that was found” to update however there are few requirements that required to be fulfilled prior to download the tool. The computer should run faster and smoother post use of this software.
Check out the requirement:
File size: 6 MB
License: It should be the free evaluation version in order to unlock the features as well as tools and purchase is needed.
Compatible: Vista, Windows XP, 7 (32/64 bit), 81.1 (34/64 bit), 8 (32/64 bit)
Downloads: 361, 927
How do I Check QuickBooks Available Version and Release?
Adhere the below-mentioned to verify the QuickBooks available version and newest release:
Initially, open QuickBooks and then press F2 from the keyboard.
Post that, search the product name, license & product number
The above details users can search in the Window of product information.
Here user is required to find the release at the end of the name of the product.
Post that, search for the version which are used in the file section.
The list will be sorted with the most recent at the bottom and oldest version at the top.