QuickBooks is accounting software that serves to be an answer to all payrolls and accounting issues that small and medium-sized organizations used to face. Making the handling of transactions and managing accounts-related functions smooth, QuickBooks has become one of the preferable software solutions without which any organization feels incomplete.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
About QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
The users receive notifications for update from time to time, missing out on which might affect the QuickBooks performance. While updating or downloading the latest version of the software, however, you may face some issues, leading to QuickBooks Desktop update errors. Here you can learn How to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
You might come across the following types of errors while updating the software:
- QuickBooks Error 12045
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QuickBooks Error 12038
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error 15271
- QuickBooks Error PS038
- QuickBooks Error 12037
- Error 404
- 15xxx errors
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
There are multiple reasons that cause an error. Some of them include:
- Poor internet connection while updating or Downloading the Latest Version.
- Restrictive settings if Personal Firewall.
- Internet Security Settings.
- Multiple QuickBooks instances observed in the same computer.
- Wrong Date and Time set on the computer.
Solutions to QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
As soon as the cause is known, the solution can be implemented in accordance with that.
Method 1: Open QuickBooks as an Administrator
QuickBooks Desktop update errors may be also occurs when the user does not have Administrator permission to install the latest update. To troubleshoot this, you need to run QuickBooks as an Administrator. Know how:
- First of all close all the running programs on your computer.
- Restart the System.
- Search QuickBooks in your computer and right-click on QuickBooks.
- Then, Click on Run as Administrator program.
If you still getting the QuickBooks Desktop pro updates error, then proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Method 2: Check and Set the Date and Time on Your PC
Check the set date and time of the system to check if that’s the cause of the error. If yes, you can set the same. To check and set the date and time, you can follow the steps given below:
- Check the date and time displayed on the system.
- Ensure it is showing the right date and time.
- If the time is incorrect, right-click at the place the date and time are getting displayed. You will find it at the lower right corner of the desktop.
- Click on Adjust Date and Time option.
- Uncheck the Set the Time Automatically checkbox.
- Go to Change the date and time settings.
- Click on Change.
- Set the correct Time.
- Turn on the Set the Time Zone Automatically setting if it is off.
- Click on Change again.
- Close the Date and Time Window.
- Open QuickBooks to resume the download or update process.
Method 3: Configure the Internet Connection Settings
If an unstable internet connection is the problem, you can check the same and modify the settings. The steps are mentioned below:
- Open the Internet Explorer and Visit a safe website like: intuit.com.
- When you open the website in your browser or getting an error message like Unable to connect the Internet, then connect with your IT person for support. If you are fix the issue and load the website successfully, then follow the nest troubleshooting step.
- Click on the Help menu.
- Choose the Internet connection setup option.
- To establish a connection, select the option reading Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings.
- Click Next.
- Now choose to go to the Advanced Connection settings.
- Click on the Restore Advanced Settings option under the Advanced tab.
- Select Done.
- Resume updating or downloading the latest QuickBooks release.
Method 4: Configure Firewall or Internet Security Settings
If the cause of the error is the settings of the personal firewall, it’s time to configure the setup again. The steps are as under:
- Click on the Start button.
- Search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- From the list that is displayed, choose Database Server Manager.
- Click on Port Monitor.
- Take note of the Port Number of your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Again, click on the Start button.
- Search for Windows Firewall and select the same.
- Choose the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click on Inbound Rule.
- Select New Rule.
- Press Port.
- Click Next. This enables the TCP option.
- Tick the Specific Local Ports checkbox.
- Type the Port Number in the box.
- Click Next.
- Select Allow the Connection.
- Select Next.
- Give a name to this new rule.
- Now set the outbound rules by following the same steps.
- Resume the download or update process.
Set the Specific Firewall Ports for Your Version of QuickBooks Desktop:
And make sure that, Ports 80 and 443 are enabled, and access is provided to the following files:
Method 5: Go for Manual Updates
If the cause of the QuickBooks desktop update errors is the presence of multiple QuickBooks instances in the same computer, it is recommended to go for manual updates. The steps are as follows:
- Download the latest updates.
- Close all Company Files and QuickBooks.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click it.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- With your No Company Open screen, move to the Help menu.
- Choose to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Options tab.
- Choose Mark All.
- Click on Save.
- Go to Update Now.
- Tick the Reset Update option.
- Click on Get Updates to start the process.
- After the update completes, close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it.
- To install the updates, choose Yes.
- Once the installation is done, restart the system.
Method 6: Remove the Second Copy of QuickBooks Desktop
If you’ve got got the Multiple Version of QuickBooks Desktop installed two times to your computer/laptop then it may cause you to stand update errors, we suggest you remove the second copy of the software and hold best one software hooked up on Windows.
Method 7: Try to Run Quick Fix my Program
We can employ Quick Fix my Program to repair the crucial update issue. To run the tool, we want to download and set up QuickBooks Tool Hub to your workstation.
- First of all Exit the Running QuickBooks Program.
- Get the most recent updated version on QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Download folder, Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the folder.
- After that install the QuickBooks Tool Hub by mention steps.
- Select the Agree to the terms and conditions box to proceed.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, showing in your system desktop.
- When Open your QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose the Program Problems.
- Select QuickBooks Fix my Program.
In case you are QuickBooks Application failed to update error still showing, then move the next steps to troubleshoot.
Method 8: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the QuickBooks update issue arises because of installation files, we can fix the problem using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub. Follow the below mention steps to do:
- Once again, user can open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- within the tool hub, Click on the Installation issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the installation issues.
- After that, restart your computer desktop once the tool repairs the installation errors.
Method 9: Multiple Instances of QuickBooks Desktop on the Same System
As you know, If you have more than one installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software of the same version year installed on the same system, the QuickBooks update error may occur (For example, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0 and QuickBooks Premier 2019). If this situation occurs, you must download and install a manual update for one or more QuickBooks desktop versions.
Method 10: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- You must first move to C: Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Click on QBW32.exe and select the option of Properties.
- Make sure Intuit is chosen in the Signature list before switching to the Digital signature tab.
- Then select the Details option.
- Select the View certificate option in the Digital Signature window.
- Then select Install certificate from the menu.
- Once the Finish option displays, select next. Click the Finish tab to finish the process.
- After that restart the system
- Redownload the update, and then launch QuickBooks.
Method 11: Download Updates in Safe Mode
To fix the QuickBooks update issues, you should download the updates in safe mode. Steps that are included in this process are:
- Start by accessing your computer in Safe mode. Follow the procedures below to confirm this.
- When your computer restarts, keep pressing the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options appear on the screen.
- Press the Enter key after selecting the Safe Mode with networking option.
- Redownload the update after that.
- Restart the machine in Normal mode after the update has been downloaded successfully, and then download it again.
Fixing Error 15XXX When Downloading QuickBooks Desktop Updates
The steps that include in this process are
- Start by running the reboot.bat file
- Restart your computer and launch QuickBooks desktop.
- Install an update right away by choosing the option to do so just when prompted.
- You can delete the update and download it again if you are still unable to install it.
- Shut off QuickBooks now.
- Visit the QuickBooks version XX>\ components at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.
- Open QuickBooks now, and then select Help from the menu, then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check out the Update now tab. additionally, click the box to Reset the updates.
- The following step is to select Get updates in order to re-download the updates.
- Close the QuickBooks software and reopen it after the download is finished.
- Click Install now to finish the process.
If the issue still exists, you can also check and fix the Internet Explorer settings for the QuickBooks desktop. You can also uninstall QuickBooks desktop and reinstall it using a selective startup mode.
Though the steps to resolve the QuickBooks desktop update errors are simple, there might be a stage where you find yourself stuck. This is where the technical experts from our end can help you. In fact, even if you are unable to find the root cause of the error update, you can connect with Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT for assistance.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
When is the Manual Update required to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Pro Update Errors?
If the cause of the QuickBooks update error is the presence of multiple QuickBooks instances in the same computer, it is recommended to go for manual updates.
What are the Types of QuickBooks Desktop Pro Update Errors?
While updating or downloading the latest version of the software, however, you may face some issues, leading to QuickBooks Pro update errors.
You might come across the following types of errors – QuickBooks Error 12045, QuickBooks Error 12157, QuickBooks Error 12038, QuickBooks Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 15271, QuickBooks Error PS038, QuickBooks Error 12037, Error 404, and 15xxx Errors.