QuickBooks has been a valuable tool for countless small and mid-sized business owners, aiding them in achieving their desired outcomes. Despite its strength as software, it may encounter errors on occasion. One such error that QB users frequently experience is Error Code 1311 in QuickBooks Desktop. This error typically occurs when updating the accounting software or exporting a report from financial statement designer to MS Excel. The installation process from CD can also lead to this issue arising. When this happens, an error message will appear on-screen stating:
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1311?
QuickBooks Error Code 1311 is an error that arises while exporting excel. As per several users, this error also emerges when you are upgrading the QuickBooks utilizing the CD-ROM or some other compact disk device and there is some problem with the instrument.
QuickBooks Error 1311: “Source file not found (name of the file). Check that file exists and that is accessible to you.”
Reason for Error Code 1311 in QuickBooks Desktop
Every single user must comprehend the real reason behind QuickBooks Error code 1311 since it will help in escaping the error notifications.
So, here are a few of the reasons that commonly give rise to the error code 1311:
- The CD-ROM Drive has a few problems related to accessing a disk
- The CD drive that is responsible for the installation is corrupted or damaged
- One or more than one file of the QuickBooks Desktop Installation is corrupted or damaged
- QuickBooks Desktop and a specific version of Microsoft Office compatibility problem
- One or more than one Microsoft Office file are corrupted or damaged
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 1311
If you experience one or more than one symptom of the QuickBooks Error Code 1311, then it is highly recommended that you diagnose the system for this particular error.
Here are the most common symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 1311:
- During the installation of QuickBooks Desktop, the company disk is not functioning properly and always failing
- The user is failing to export one or more than one report from QuickBooks Desktop FSD to Microsoft Excel
- The QuickBooks Error Code 1311 appears on the window
- QuickBooks Freezes completely when a particular file is exported to a given media
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1311
Now, when you have a good understanding of the QuickBooks Error code 1311, its causes and symptoms too, it is time to learn how to solve this particular error in the system.
It is strictly recommended that users follow the methods given below as shared. Doing this will only ensure that the system does not have the error code 1311.
Method 1: CD-ROM Access Restrictions
- The first step is to navigate to the Start Menu and then shift to the Control Panel option.
- Now, Press on Administrative Tools and then choose “LOCAL SECURITY POLICY and EXPAND LOCAL POLICY FOLDER“.
- Increase the Local Policies folder from the given drop-down menu on the left and then choose Security options.
- Click any of the security options according to the version of Windows installed on your computer – RESTRICT CD-ROM access to local users.
- Finally, redo the selection process, which is completed in the final step. Now start your computer again.
Method 2: Perform Scanning and installation
- Choose All programs from the Start or Windows key.
- You can then run command prompt as administrator by right clicking and choosing that option
- In the command prompt, type FSC/SCANNOW and press Enter.
- Enter msiexec/unregin in the command prompt once the scan is complete.
- Then type msiexec/regserver in the command prompt window and hit Enter.
- Lastly, visit the creative suite product installation.
Method 3: Copy Files to hard driver and then install it
- Begin by putting the CD inside the CD ROM Drive
- On the particular Desktop, press right-click on the Start option. Then from the notifications and pop-ups, choose the Explore option
- Select desktop on the left pane and then make a new folder on Desktop
- Press the New Folder option to spot the location. After that navigate to the File Menu on the particular toolbar.
- Next, Press the new button and then press on the particular folder just built
- Give a name to the folder QuickBooks for locating it conveniently later on
- Now, Navigate to QuickBooks CD-ROM and then duplicate the folders and files like the Third party, setup.exe, QuickBooks, etc.
- Now paste these folders and files in the QuickBooks folder on the desktop
- When it is completed, Open the particular folder. Now run the set up install QuickBooks
Method 4: Reinstall CS4 Application
- If the operating system in your computer is Windows XP, then navigate to the Start Menu and press on Run
- Now select msiexec/unreg and then press the enter tab
If you have Windows Vista, then you must select All Programs and choose Run
- Now select msiexec/unreg and then press the enter tab
- You are advised to install the CS4 software
Method 5: Checking Compatibility of Microsoft Office
In order to export directly from QuickBooks to an office, Microsoft Office must be updated to utilize financial statement designer.
It is possible to authenticate the Microsoft Office compatibility by simply following the steps given below:
- Navigate to the Control Panel and then press twice on Add or Remove programs
- Select Microsoft Office for the adjustments
- The variations want to be altered to Microsoft 2000 or later
- If the version is not 2000 or later, then you will need to revise or fix it as per the guidelines given to handle the problem.
Method 6: Make use of photoshop elements disc
- Put the Photoshop Elements install disc in the particular DVD/CD-ROM drive
- Now, click the My Computer and press the Photoshop Elements disc
- Prepare a folder on the desktop and then copy the particular Adobe photoshop elements folder in that folder
- When the copying is complete, do eject the particular disk
- Now click the Adobe Photoshop Elements and open it and press on the Setup.exe in order to begin the installation
- Follow the guidelines given onscreen and finish the installation
If you follow all the methods and troubleshooting steps given above, then the QuickBooks Error Code 1311 will cease to exist. You will be able to remove the problem easily.
However, if you still encounter issues or if you think that you may require professional assistance, you can connect with our round-the-clock Dancing Numbers team. The years of expertise of our support staff along with cutting-edge technology will fix your problem instantly.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the QuickBooks Error Code message?
The QuickBooks Error Code 1311 appears on the screen with the following message:
The source file is unavailable. “:\ZF561407.CAB’ . Authenticate that the particular file exists and that you can use it”.
What are the Points to Consider before Fixing QuickBooks Error 1311?
Update the Windows system
Update the drivers
Check if the QuickBooks Desktop is updated or not
Take a backup of the company file