QuickBooks enables quick and hassle-free delivery of emails to all of the parties that are involved in a particular transaction. This allows a smooth channel of communication for running a particular business through QuickBooks. This makes QuickBooks a market-friendly software for smooth functioning, effective communication, and easy delivery of messages. However, like any other technology, on some days, QuickBooks faces issues in the delivery of emails. Fix QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails to Outlook.
This article will help you in the resolution of these problems of email delivery with QuickBooks Desktop and will provide you with a step-by-step procedure for the resolution of this problem to make your experience of using QuickBooks an enhanced one. This problem generally arises while sending the invoices to clients over email via QuickBooks. You can troubleshoot this problem of email delivery error by working on the following procedures outlined below.
The error message that you get on your screen as:-
Problem: QuickBooks is unable to send an Email to Outlook
Error: QuickBooks is not able to process the email to Outlook
Things You have to do Before Proceeding to Solutions
Few things that you have to do or take care of are as follows:
- Backup the company data file locally
- Check the system requirements for Outlook software compatibility according to the QuickBooks version you are using
- Also, check the QuickBooks access in the antivirus and firewall.
What are the Reasons that Trigger the Email Issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
The following can be the reasons for the same:
- QuickBooks could be running as an administrator.
- Settings for the Email are incorrect.
- Outlook installation is incorrect or damaged.
- Check for damage in .dll file.
- Outlook is running as a background app while sending emails through QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks installation is incorrect or damaged.
Steps of Resolution of Email Issues in the QuickBooks Desktop
Try some of these methods listed below and find a solution to the problem with email. If the trouble continues after following these procedures, you may save effort and time by contacting our experts. We are here to help you in the best possible way.
Solution 1: Ensure that the QuickBooks is not Operating as an Administrator
- In your Windows system, go to the QuickBooks icon.
- Then Right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- From further options, choose the Properties option.
- Then click on the Compatibility tab.
- In the Compatibility tab of the Properties window, remove the tick mark from the option Run this application as Administrator.
- If the option of Run application as Administrator is grey out then do the following:-
- Click on the option Show Settings for All Users
- Now set it accordingly and check that you are able to run the application
- After that, click on the OK button.
- In the end, restart your QuickBooks software.
Solution 2: Configure the QuickBooks Email Preferences are Set Properly
- If you operate through Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server, then open Outlook
- Sign in before you begin reviewing the QuickBooks settings.
- Click on the Edit menu on.
- Then further choose option Preferences.
- After that, click on the Send Forms.
- Go to the My Preferences.
- Under this, click on the Outlook in the Send Email Using option.
- After that, click on the OK button.
- In case the preferences are set correctly then go with the following steps:-
- In QuickBooks, click on the Edit menu
- Then from the drop-down menu, choose the Preferences option
- Click on the Send Forms option
- Go to the tab Preferences
- Choose the QuickBooks Email
- Then click the OK button
- Again, click on the Edit menu
- Select Preferences
- Choose the option Outlook
- Press the OK button to continue
- After this, you have to close the QuickBooks software.
- Also, close other programs if any.
- Then restart your computer.
- Check for the error by sending the email when the computer restarts.
Solution 3: Check that Internet Explorer’s Email Option is Set Appropriately
- First, exit QuickBooks.
- Then launch Internet Explorer.
- After that, select the option Tools.
- From the drop-down option, click on the Internet Options.
- In the window of Internet Options, choose the Programs tab.
- Verify that the Outlook email program is correctly set as the default email.
- Close the window of Internet Explorer.
- In QuickBooks, try to send an email to check for errors.
Solution 4: Test and repair MAPI32.dll
You have to test and then repair the MAPI32.dll file into your system. So the steps to do this are as follows:-
Use Microsoft Word to test the functionality of MAPI32.dll
- Restart your PC and rerun the Windows.
- In Microsoft Word, create a new document.
- Choose ‘File > Send >’. ‘Email as PDF file’
- If an error is not encountered, contact the technical team for help.
- If an error occurs, contact Microsoft Help and Support to fix problems with Outlook or Office Suite, as well as the MAPI settings.
- Once the problem has been addressed, send the report through email.
- Close all ‘Windows’ and then click ‘Windows Start.’
- Navigate to ‘Computers’ and then to ‘C:WindowsSystem32’.
- Double-click the ‘Fixmapi.exe file’ and follow the necessary instructions provided on-screen.
- You can restart your computer after ‘Fixmapi.exe’ has finished processing.
Note: Try this step only if even after troubleshooting MAPI32.dl, the problem persists.
- Start by Closing all active programs.
- Using File Explorer, navigate to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033’
- Then ensure renaming ‘MAPI32.dll’ as ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD’
- Run ‘Fixmapi.exe’ again after restarting your PC
- After ‘Fixmapi.exe’ stops, the computer needs to be restarted again.
Solution 5: With Clean Install Tool, Install QuickBooks Again
- After saving all unsaved work, close all open web pages and running applications.
- Press the Start button and search for Task Manager
- End or Close all the QuickBooks-related active processes on your system once the ‘Task Manager’ page appears.
- Restart the PC you are using.
- Look out for files and folders that haven’t been renamed and manually rename these folders.
- Reboot the computer after uninstalling QuickBooks accounting software.
- Keep your license and Product Number ready at all times.
- Insert the installation disc into the disc drive of your computer, or download an installation source copy from the internet.
- Launch the installation process and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Reactivate your QuickBooks program by opening it.
- Update your QuickBooks desktop by going to the ‘Help’ option.
- Try sending the email after opening your QuickBooks company file.
Solution 6: Try to Repair Outlook
- In your Windows System, open the Control Panel
- Click on the Programs option
- Further, click on the Programs again or click on Uninstall a program
- You get a list on your screen of installed applications
- Search and select the Microsoft Outlook program
- Then click on Uninstall/Change option
- In the uninstall wizard, choose the Repair option
- Follow steps to repair your MS Outlook program
- Then finish the process completely to repair it successfully
- When done try to send an email from QuickBooks to Outlook.
Solution 7: Missing Primary Interop Assembly
In case you have installed the QuickBooks first and then install the Microsoft Office then the primary interop assembly has not been installed in your system. So check into your system that the assembly is installed. For that, check the directory:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Statement Writer 20XX
XX is the version of QuickBooks software you have in your system. In case the directory is present then run the vstor.exe file. This helps you to install the assembly that is missing.
Solution 8: Verify the QuickBooks Compatibility with your Microsoft Outlook Version
In this, you have to check the system requirements of the QuickBooks version that you are using. If you are using the latest version of QuickBooks 2021 then check its requirements for the Microsoft version that is compatible with your accounting software. According to this if the version is not the same then update the Microsoft product. In case the version is the same then go with another solution.
Solution 9: Update the Microsoft Outlook Program
- Click on the File menu
- Then choose the Account option
- Go to the Product information
- After that, select the Update Options
- Click on the Update now to start the update
- When done, it notifies you
- Then try to send emails using QuickBooks.
Even though this problem isn’t a big one, sometimes troubleshooting basic problems can become a hassle. These solutions help you in resolving QuickBooks is unable to send email to Outlook in the quickest way possible. If the problem persists or you want to know anything contact the Dancing Numbers helpdesk team. The team members are available for assisting customers and resolving their grievances regarding QuickBooks and its features.
Need Some One on One QuickBooks Assistance?
What to do if Repairing MS Outlook won’t work to fix QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails to Outlook?
In this case, you are required to uninstall the MS Outlook and then reinstall it again into your Windows system. Download the file and then save it to your system. After that, run the downloaded file to install Outlook again. Then try to send an email and do check the compatibility as well.
Do I have to Update the Windows System for resolving the Compatibility Problem that is Causing the Error QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails to Outlook?
Yes, you have to update the Windows operating system according to the QuickBooks software version you are using. For updating the Windows system, you have to open the Settings. Then click on the Windows update option, further click on the check for updates button. Wait for it and you get the updates on your screen if they are available. After that, click on the Get updates button to download and then install it.
How to Check that the MS Outlook update is required to fix QuickBooks is unable to send emails o QuickBooks?
Open the MS Outlook
Then click on the File menu option
Further, choose the Office Account
Click on the About Outlook option
In the About window, check the build number that must be 12527.20242
If the build number is not the same then there is an issue that is preventing the emails from being sent
So, an update of Microsoft Outlook is required to fix the issue.