Pestered with QuickBooks update cannot be completed and cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll error messages?
Errors are always irritating, aren’t they? But every problem comes with its solution. Likewise, in this article, you will learn the simple ways that can effectively help you resolve the QuickBooks error in no time with efficacy.
Well, QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15311 is a runtime error, which might boggle your mind when you are trying to configure the program or trying to start/close the Windows.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully”
“Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15311
|Error Number: Error 15311|
|Error Name: QuickBooks Error 15311|
|Error Description: Error 15311: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.|
|Possible Solutions: Installation of Digital Signature, Checking Internet Settings, Verifying Payroll Service Key, and Resetting QuickBooks Updates|
|Developer: Intuit Inc.|
|Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10|
QuickBooks payroll error 15311: Most Prevalent Reasons
There can be an array of reasons that can entail such error, a few of the most common ones are listed right below:
- Corrupted or missing QuickBooks files
- Issues with the Windows registry entries
- Inadequate QuickBooks installation
- Malicious applications intervention
What happens when this error is visible?
- Windows do not respond
- Can crash the recent Windows program or system when running the same program.
- Frequent hang-ups
To resolve the QuickBooks error 15311, you can adhere to any of the below-listed techniques.
Technique 1: Error 15311 – Do it manually
Before you proceed, you need to ascertain that the QuickBooks subscription has not expired and the Payroll service is accurate. Once, ascertained, simply update the QB desktop to the recent edition and go to the Employees option and select My Payroll Service
- Post that click on Manage Service Keys
- Choose Edit and ascertain if the right key is mentioned
- Proceed with Next option and hit on the Finish option
- After following all the aforementioned steps, Restart your computer.
Technique 2: Configure Digital Signature Certificate
- Hit on the Windows key and type in QBW32.exe. In case the file doesn’t appear, you need to click on More Results. Now, click on the computer icon and determine QBW.exe file from the search results. After that, select properties and click on digital signature tab. You need to ascertain Intuit inc. has been selected in the list.
- Post that, tap on details and view certificate in the digital signature details screen.
- And after that, certificate window displays. From there, you need select the option “install certificate” as highlighted in the below screenshot.
- Here, you are required to opt for the next option and follow the instructions and, click on finish.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue has been fixed
Technique 3: Internet Explorer Settings
Before you proceed, check whether or not Internet Explorer is your default browser and the date and time of the system are set correctly. If not, you are required to double-click on the Time display option to change the same. Once done, you need to check if the time zone is set as shown in the below screenshot. You also need to check for the Cipher strength.
Now go to the Intuit website. After that, press the Alt key to see the menu bar. From there, select the file followed by the properties option. Once done, cross-check the number mentioned under connection and thereafter proceed to phrase a bit encryption.
- Moving ahead, update the requisite settings through the tools and select the Internet options.
- In this step you are required to remove all the temporary files by hitting on the delete key
- Go to the connections option and then opt for LAN settings.
- Select the checkbox as highlighted in the below given screenshot.
Note: If not required, do not forget to check if the proxy servers are blank.
- Select the Advanced tab and then check the box for SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 as highlighted in the below given screenshot.
- Move forward, check the publisher’s certificate and then clear the box.
- And after that, on advanced tab, drill down till the end of the list. Ensure that the TLS 2.0 should remain unchecked.
Technique 4: QB desktop related entry Uninstallation
There is also other methods to get rid of this error and this is to uninstall the QuickBooks-related entry. There are a few steps given below that needs to adhere:
- Go to the start menu and right click to open the the start context menu.
- After that, select the programs and features option as highlighted in the below given screenshot.
- Once you are done with the above step now select QuickBooks related entry to uninstall/change as highlighted in the below screenshot.
- Follow the on screen instructions to uninstall the requisite programs
Now, it is time to end this article however we would be happy to read the valuable tips, opinions, or thoughts from your side in the comments section below. Write to us!
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Do I need to commence all The 7 Methods to combat QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
No, you are not required to adhere to all the methods. It actually depends upon the cause of the error, you need to opt for the solution accordingly.
How Can I Verify And Check The Services Of Payroll Before Implementing The Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
In this, you are required to attempt to run the payroll services to confirm and verify if it is working or not. If it is not working then there might be an issue with the QuickBooks software using the method. Do confirm for the subscription if it is active or not. By using the above-given method 6 reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll software.
How To Run QuickBooks Desktop Payroll As Administrator To Fix The QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
You are required to navigate to the QuickBooks icon and then click right on it now from options choose Run as an admin, and it launches the software as administrator. Sometimes when you run the software with administrator access then the software naturally gets much access as an admin and the error resolves automatically.
Do I require to back up my QuickBooks Company File?
No, there is no threat to the company file or payroll data because of this bug. This error is normally caused by issues with the digital signature certificate or network connection.
Can you please list the possible indications of QuickBooks Error 15311?
Before resolving the error, it is compulsory to recognize the error with the signs and symptoms. QuickBooks error 15311 requires crashes of an active program; Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to given inputs system freezes from time to time, an error message pop up when you attempt to install the QuickBooks program.
Why do QuickBooks error 15311 pop up on the screen?
There may be more than one of the following reasons which are causing virus, malware, deletion of Windows files by mistake, corruption in QuickBooks files or installation, Damages Windows registry file, partial o unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks software.
How do I manually resolve QuickBooks Error 15311?
Before going forward first you need to confirm if the QuickBooks subscription is activated and update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version. Make sure that the Payroll Service key should be correct. To verify it; you are required to navigate to the Employees and then click My payroll Service. Click on the manage service keys and after that hit the edit option and confirm if the key is accurate or not. Click Next and then the Finish tab. Finally, you have to restart or reboot the PC.