QuickBooks is one of the most widely used software solutions for efficient accounting. Though there are various features inculcated in this software product, having something extra is never bad. Automatic Data Processing, or ADP, is a human resource management software that has collaborated with QB to make payroll processing even easier.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is ADP Payroll?
QuickBooks and ADP have collaborated to simplify the payroll management for SMEs around the globe. As a result, QuickBooks Online users can now access ADP-powered RUN directly. This merger has provided users with value-added services for their clients.
The integration works in two ways – Accountants can access their accounting data directly in QBO from within RUN, and vice-versa.
Why does ADP Payroll need to be Recorded in QuickBooks?
When ADP and QuickBooks Online are working together to process payrolls, it is crucial for the data to be accessible on both platforms. Thus, recording the ADP payroll in QuickBooks is considered crucial.
The integration, as depicted by ADP, is deeper enough that makes the mapping experience for the general ledger interface simpler and more accurate. Hence, there is no need for offline customer service assistance for setting up and activating the integration manually.
Recording ADP Payroll in QuickBooks: Steps to Follow
- Log in to ADP Infolink account
- Download the payroll report from ADP for the specific pay period to be used in QuickBooks
- Select the dates manually from within the ADP InfoLink report utility
- You can also select the fields you want to map. For instance:
- Select the field – Social Security Number
- Type in the name of the file
- Enter date
- Click Export and the file will be downloaded to your system
- Launch QuickBooks
- Click on the Help option on the menu bar
- From the drop-down menu, choose QuickBooks Help
- Click on the Search tab
- Enter Manual Payroll
- Press Enter
- From the results list, choose Calculate Payroll Taxes Manually as there is no subscription option applicable for QuickBooks Payroll
- Click the Manual Payroll Calculations link
- Now click the link, saying: Set My Company File to Use Manual Calculation
- Go to the File menu
- Select Import
- Click Browse
- Go to the ADP payroll report file downloaded on your system
- Choose Open to import the report file into QuickBooks
- Click Yes
- Check and confirm the report names if they match QuickBooks account names
- Click Yes
- QuickBooks automatically imports the ADP payroll into the required sections
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.