Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks is a provision given to business owners to send some of their business data to the accountant or accounting firm they have hired. This will allow users to share only relevant information with the CPA. The copy of the accountant is sent back and changes are imported to the initial company file once the CPA/accountant has worked on the file. In some cases there might be chances where the company file backup is inaccessible to user or the data in the file is corrupt.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Herein, you are advised to open accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. The copy of the company’s accountant or accountant transfer file (.QBA or .QBX) is required to be converted to a working QuickBooks data file (.QBW) before commencing the work. We will have a detailed discussion about the same in this module, and all you need to do is follow the instructions mentioned in this module.
What a User needs to be Aware of about the Accountant’s Copy?
Prior to creating the Accountant’s Copy you should decide dividing date. You can only type in the entries in the current period, which could be any date post the dividing date once the Accountant’s copy is generated. The accountant will create transactions on or prior to the dividing date. There might be restrictions on what you can do while an Accountant’s copy is active. Kindly know that it is critical for not to remove the restrictions without importing the changes the accountant has made to that point.
What Steps needs to be Followed to Convert an Accountant’s Copy to a Regular Company File?
Here are few steps given which you are required to be followed to convert an accountant’s copy to a regular company file in QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant and Enterprise Accountant assist the users to amend the QuickBooks Accountant’s copy file, so they can work on with the entries without any restrictions.
- In the first step, you are required to open the accountant’s copy which has (.QBX or .QBA) extension.
- In the second step, now you need to hit on the File menu and select the Send Company File.
- Post that, you are required to choose the Accountant’s Copy.
- In the next step, now convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps now you need to provide the confirmation to convert the file by hitting OK option.
- After that, you are required to select the folder where you wish to save the .QBW file and rename the file.
- Now, click on the Save and when the conversion is finished now hit the OK.
Is there Anything You are Required to Follow Post Converting Accountants Copy to Company File?
- Once the above steps are done, and you have completed the process of conversion of the accountant’s copy to a regular company file, you are no longer able to import the accountant’s modification to the company file.
- Whatever amendments you have made already in the original company file post the accountant’s copy was created, needs to be re-entered.
Know more: Users experience the QuickBooks error Reload.sql At Line during restoring a portable file of QuickBooks.
Steps To Change the QuickBooks Accountant Transfer file to Company File
Kindly ensure to ask the client to send the file using the Accountants File Transfer Service if you are going to get the accountant’s copy of the company file from the client, as it is the rapid way to get and convert the accountant file to a regular QuickBooks company file.
Below are the steps given which you need to follow to Convert QuickBooks accountant transfer file to Company File.
- In the first step, you are required to open QuickBooks and click on the File tab.
- In the second step, now you need to select the Accountant’s Copy from there and choose the Open & Convert Transfer File.
- After that, once you are done reading the Accountant’s Copy overview, you are required to hit on the Next.
- Post that, look for the location of the Accountant transfer file QBX file and hit OK.
- Now you need to enter the file password and click OK.
- Once the above steps are done now you need to read the given information prior you hit the OK.
- After that, you are required to choose the location to save the file and if needed to rename the file and hit the Save option.
- Now, you are required to hit on the ok option if required to upgrade the accountant’s file to sync with the version of QuickBooks.
- And in the last step, post reviewing the information you need to hit the final OK option.
What Steps Need to Follow to Import Accountant Changes in QuickBooks?
Here are few steps given which you are required to be followed to restore the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. Once you adhere these steps you can successfully import accountant modifications in QuickBooks.
- In the first step, you are required to backup the company file and if you are using QuickBooks Enterprise, turn off any advanced Inventory functions. These functions are required to be turned off post the changes are imported.
- In the second step, you are required to navigate to the File menu and select the Send Company File.
- After that, hit on the Accountant’s Copy and then navigate to the Client Activities.
- Once the above steps are done now you need to Import Accountant Changes from File and look for the system for .QBY extension and this will allow you to automatically import the accountant modifications to the company file.
What is the Way to Create the Accountant’s Copy?
Here you need to be sure that how you want to deliver the Accountant’s Copy file to the accountant. You can modify a file which can be given to the accountant through e-mail if the file size is not too large or on a storage device, or you can also use an Intuit Web service.
Here are few steps given which you are required to follow to create a file:
- In the first step, you are required to select the File and then navigate to the Accountant’s Copy and after that move to the Client Activities and click on the Save File.
- In the seconds step, you need to confirm you wish to create an Accountant’s Copy and hit on the Next.
- After that, select the dividing date and hit on the next option.
- Now, you are required to modify the required location for the file and the filename which QuickBooks suggests for the accountant’s copy.
- Once the above steps are done now, hit on the save option and provide the Accountant’s Copy transfer file to the accountant and resume your work.
Are you aware of the steps which we need to follow to use the Accountant’s Copy file transfer, an Intuit Web service? If not, no worries we are here to help you.
Here are the steps:
- In the first step, you are required to select the File and then Accountant’s Copy and after that move to the Client Activities and lastly Send To Accountant.
- After that, you are required to confirm you wish to create an Accountant’s Copy and hit on the Next.
- Post that, select the dividing date and hit next.
- Once the above steps are done now you need to enter and re-enter the accountant’s e-mail address.
- Now, after that you are required to enter the name and e-mail address.
- And then hit on the Next option.
- After that, just create a file transfer password to encrypt the file. The accountant will require this password to open the file. You are required to give the admin password to your accountant to access the file.
- In the final step, you are required to hit the send option.
How to Get Rid of the Accountant’s Copy Restrictions?
If you did not create an Accountant’s Copy you cannot import the accountant’s changes. All modifications need to be made manually by referring to a printout or PDF file of the accountant’s changes. You should always discuss with the accountant prior removing the accountant’s Copy restrictions.
Here are the steps given to remove the accountant’s copy restrictions:
- In the first step, you are required to select the File and after that navigate to the accountant’s Copy and then move to the remove Restrictions.
- Also, if you are sure to get rid of the restrictions, you can move ahead and choose the checkbox and hit OK.
Though accountant’s copies can be somewhat restrictive it is usually the best way to continue to work in a current period while someone makes amendments to a given period of time.
We hope, you can now open the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks and make use of it in case of an emergency or if you still have doubts about how to change QuickBooks Accountant’s copy file, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team of experts via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.