Most of the times when a user tries to access a company file, QuickBooks Error 6143 occurs. Apparently, when QuickBooks Error 6143 takes place, it alleviates the user to perform the ongoing task. Notably, the error message flashes on the screen and it also crashes the active program window. There are a various reasons entailing this error. Knowing probable reasons user knows behind QuickBooks Error 6143 makes it easy for the user to troubleshoot the error.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6143
There are a number of reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6143 are:
- Files are deleted from Windows system.
- The entries of Windows register is corrupted.
- The files are attacked by the malware & viruses.
- Improper download and install of any of the application or hardware.
- Windows system files are damaged.
- Missing required information and files.
- Deleted or corrupted entries in window registry.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not downloaded or installed properly.
- Whenever you acquire new credit card or account number then the bank decides to link your QuickBooks and bank account together.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6143
Following are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6143 are:
- System does not work properly.
- The system crashes in between the work.
- The peripherals like keyboard and mouse does not response the command properly.
- It can harm your company files records.
- The error message occurs on the screen “sorry, something went wrong, please try starting over”.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 6143
Following are the various methods of resolving the QuickBooks error 6143 are:
Method 1: QuickBooks File Doctor
Following are the steps of resolving error with QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Once the file is installed, then open the file.
- Run the file and follow the on-screen instruction in order to complete the task.
Method 2: Company File Name
Follow the following steps in order to remove any spaces from the company file name. It will help you to resolve error 6143:
- Every workstation and server in the network of QuickBooks must be logout and exit.
- Now open the QuickBooks installation folder on the server where the QuickBooks company file is saved.
- Usually, the address of files is C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/intuits/QuickBooks/company files.
- Now rename the company file by right click on the company file.
- Now you have to remove all the spaces in the company file name and the company file extension.
- Open QuickBooks and perform the same operation that permuted the error earlier.
- In case the error does not resolve then follow the next method for resolving the error.
Method 3: Copy Company File Name
Steps to be followed in order to copy the company file name in the workstation:
- First you have to open the QuickBooks installation folder on the server.
- Now you have to copy the company file name on removable storage device.
- Now plug in the USB device on the workstation which is experiencing the error.
- Now open the QuickBooks once you paste the company file in the system.
- Now try to open the company file from the local storage of the computer.
Method 4: Opening the Sample Company File
Follow the following steps in order to open a sample company file which is installed locally on a workstation.
- Click on the open a sample file option in the no company open window.
- Now select the list of sample company files.
- Open the sample file locally.
Method 5: Antivirus Software and Firewall Port
In case the specific QuickBooks Programs or file is blocked by the antivirus or firewall, you may encounter by the QuickBooks Error 6143. Following are the steps in order to configure the antivirus software and firewall port:
- First you have to open the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now find any one of the QuickBooks Desktop i.e 2018/2019/2020/or 2021.
- Now write the port number.
- Use the port number for QuickBooks Firewall ports exceptions.
Method 6: Close all the QuickBooks Programs
Another useful method is to close all the QuickBooks related Programs. For this method you have to follow the following steps:
- Log in the QuickBooks as an admin with the help of login ID and Password.
- Now press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together on the keyboard in order to open the task manager.
- Now select the users tab in order to show all the processes of all users.
- Now close all the QuickBooks related task by clicking end task option in the bottom of the QuickBooks.
Method 7: .ND and .TLG Files
In this step you should rename the two files with extension .ND and .TLG. Renaming of these files will help QuickBooks from accessing these files. The procedure of renaming the file is defined below:
- First you have to access the directory which contain your company files.
- Now you have to select the files with the .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Now right click on the extensions and select the option of rename the files in order to accessing these files.
- Add .OLD in the end of the file name.
- Hit the enter key in order to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and check if the error occurs again or not.
Method 8: Detect Whether the Problem Lies within the Program or Company Files
You can accomplish this task by opening sample file on your desktop and the follow the steps in order to detect the location of the problem.
- Select the no company open window on Your Desktop.
- Now from the open window select the sample file.
- Now select the sample file from the list to open.
- In case the error message flashes on your screen and you are not able to open the file then you have to repair the file or QuickBooks installation.
- But in case if the file is open then you can proceed to open file locally.
Method 9: Open Company File from Desktop
The error can be arise due to the location of the file. Follow the following steps in order to change the location.
- First you have to open the folder which contains the file in it.
- Look for the extension of the file i.e .QBW extension.
- Now right click on the selected file.
- Select copy option from the drop-down menu of right click in order to copy the selected file.
- Now go to the desktop and paste the file on the desktop by right clicking on the desktop. Then from the drop-down menu you will see the paste option. So, hit the paste option.
- In last try to open the folder and see if the folder contains damaged file or not.
We Know that dealing with errors and damage file in QuickBooks is a serious trouble. Once you get any company file related error you might worry about the data or files. If the error still appears, you can connect with our Dancing Numbers team of experts via LIVE CHAT to fix the QuickBooks Error.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Why I am Getting Error 6143 with My QuickBooks?
The most infamous reason behind the arising of Error 6143 in QuickBooks is Data Integrity. If the location of the file is inaccessible or incomplete QuickBooks Download and Installation can arise the QuickBooks Error 6143. There are various causes behind the arising of these errors.
How to Fix Error 6143 in QuickBooks Desktop?
First you have to open QuickBooks Desktop no company open window.
Select the sample company file.
If the QuickBooks shows the error while opening the company file in that case you have to repair QuickBooks Desktop.
But if the error arising with a particular company file then you need to verify and rebuild data utility in order to repair the damage file.
Can I Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks without losing Data?
Yes, You can uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks without losing any data. Because uninstalling QuickBooks does note delete your company data or file from your PC. It will only remove QuickBooks Application.
How can I install a QuickBooks without CD?
Following are the steps of installing a QuickBooks without CD in your System:
Open the QuickBooks product website on your system.
Once the website opens, click on the link which you want to download.
Once the link is downloaded properly, Save the installation program to the location on the hard drive.
How can I Install QuickBooks on Window 10?
Follow the following steps in order to install QuickBooks Window 10:
First you have to open QuickBooks.exe file.
Now follow all the onscreen instruction.
Accept the software license agreement.
Click on the next tab in order to go on next page.
Now you have to enter the detail of your product like Product name and License number.
How can I Fix Error Codes in QuickBooks?
Lets fix the error codes in QuickBooks by performing following steps:
Now first you have to close your QuickBooks.
Download QuickBooks Tool hub.
Now you have to open the downloaded file. The file ends up with the extension QuickBooksToolHUb.exe.
Now follow all the onscreen steps in order to install the program.
Once the installation finished then open the tool hub on your windows desktop.
Now you have selected program Problems.
Select the option Quick Fix my programs.