QuickBooks is popularized to meet the accounting requirements of the business but sometime it crashes. Just like other software QuickBooks also met with the errors like QuickBooks Error 3180. QuickBooks error 3180 mainly occurs which can take place due to damaged payment items. Whenever you get QuickBooks Error 3180 the system will display the message i.e “there was an error when you are saving sales receipt“. In this article we will focus on resolving the QuickBooks Error 3180.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is the Status Code of QuickBooks Error 3180?
The Status code of QuickBooks error 3180 is
Status Message: “There is a error when you are trying to save item list”. And the QuickBooks error message is: QuickBooks Error message: The posted account is invalid.
Status Error Code of QuickBooks Error 3180
Following are the status error code from which any one of the statuses will display on your screen:
- Status Code 3180: QuickBooks Error Message: The posting account is invalid.
- Status Code: 3180 Status Message: When you are saving Employee’s list, employ name there was an error occurs.
- QuickBooks Status code 3180: While saving the sales receipt the error is occur.
- Status code 3180: Vendor have sales tax detail line.
- Status Code 3180: Vendor must have A/P or A/R detail line.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3180
Following are the some causes of QuickBooks error 3180:
- Settings of Expenses of vendor are not correct.
- Damage or corruption in QuickBooks company file.
- Your system antivirus application can promote this error.
- The Sale tax item in QuickBooks Desktop is not linking to any of the vendors properly.
- Mapping of the Sales tax payable account is incorrect.
- The paid out is created by the sales tax payable account.
- As the target account for the one or more items on receipts you are using sales tax payable account.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error 3180
Following are some reasons for the QuickBooks Error 3180:
- You are not able to save any of the sales receipts.
- Your system is not able to respond the inputs of mouse and keyboard.
- QuickBooks will shut down automatically again and again.
- You will receive the error message on the screen. The message flashes are QuickBooks Error Message 3180.
Resolving the QuickBooks Error 3180
Some of the solutions in order to get rid of QuickBooks error 3180.
- View the QuickBooks Account from the item list.
- Compare the accounts on the items which are in the chart of accounts in QuickBooks Financial.
- Now check if anyone of them is a AP account.
- In order if you fail your get nothing then click on the preference file tab.
- Form the preference file tab go to the preferences.
- Now click on the company tab from the options.
- From the drop-down menu of the company tab click on the Account under the financial option.
- Ensure that under the basic tab you have correct type of account and these accounts are not payable accounts.
- In case if you have custom account mapping it will undo the customer mapping too.
- The backup is to be created for QuickBooks Financial and financial exchange.
- If it fails then you can select advance tab in the same preference.
- Make sure that the accounts are correct and authentic.
- The correct accounts are one who uses AP i.e. Accounts Payable and AR i.e., Accounts Receiver.
- In QuickBooks Financial go through the charts of accounts.
- Ensure to mark the accounts which are not Account receiver or account payable.
Steps to be Followed in order to Set up the QuickBooks Set up
Follow the two basic steps in order to set up the QuickBooks set up:
- Select for the company information or company.
- Under the report information set up the income tax form used to the type of tax desired.
How to Troubleshoot of QuickBooks Status Code 3180 Error
Here is the Some of the effective troubleshooting’s to fix the QuickBooks Status Code 3180 Error:
Items are Merge in QuickBooks
Following are the steps of merging items in QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the item menu.
- Select include inactive option.
- Choose the type header in order to sort the list.
- Now you just have to rename the item of sales.
- From the point of sale just right click on the payment item.
- Now select the option edit item.
- Add OLD in the item name.
- Click on OK Button.
- Now from the sales run the financial exchange.
- In QuickBooks Desktop merge the duplicate items.
- Now click on the payment named old.
- Select to edit them.
- Now remove the files named with Old.
- Click OK and confirm it by tapping Yes.
Ensure that the Sales Tax Items are Assign to the Vendor
Follow the following steps in order to ensure you assign the vendors to the sales tax item:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the list tab on QuickBooks Tab.
- Now select the item from the option.
- Select include inactive tab.
- Choose the type of column in order to sort the list.
- In last you have to ensure that the sales tax items have an agency attached to it.
Choose Your Tax Preference
Basic steps for choosing the tax preferences are:
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale in QuickBooks.
- Select the file tab.
- Now select the preference option from the file tab.
- From all the options choose for the company.
- Now select financial tab and from financial tab select the accounts tab from the drop menu.
- Click on the basics and advance tab.
- In the sales tax row click on the make sales tax payable option.
- In end run the financial exchange.
Make Sure that You have not Paid out the Problem Receipt using Sales Tax Payable
Follow the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks point of sales.
- Choose the sales history from the options.
- Right click on the any of the column.
- Choose customize columns.
- Ensure to choose Status of the QuickBooks.
- Search for the receipts which are not completed yet.
- Now select the receipts that if any of the receipts are paid out to the sales tax payable.
- Now click on the reverse receipt.
- Recreate the paid out by using a non-sales tax payable account.
- In last financial exchange is to be run.
Items in QuickBooks are to be Unify
In order to perform this, we have to follow the following steps:
- Open the QuickBooks tab.
- Now go the list menu and from the drop-down option click on the item section.
- Choose the option which include inactively.
- Click on the option type header in order to sort the list.
- Now the Point of Sale payment items are to be rename.
- Right click on the option which is the Payment item which starts with the point of sale.
- Select the items which are to be edit.
- To the item name add old to it.
- Once to add old to the name click on the OK button.
- From the point of sale run the financial exchange.
- Now merge all the duplicate items in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Again, choose the item for edit.
- Now from the item name remove the prefix old.
- Now Tap OK.
- Now hit the yes button and confirm it by clicking OK.
Hopefully, the above mention solutions are helpful in recovering QuickBooks error 3180. But sometimes couples of users are not able to troubleshoot the error due to less knowledge. For them our Dancing Numbers expert is available 24×7 via LIVE CHAT in order to help you and provide reliable and effective solution. The helpdesk of technical people is working on this to provide world class solution in the least time of interval.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
What are the Steps to Troubleshoot the Error 3180?
Following are the steps of troubleshooting the error 3180:
There was an error while saving the sales receipt.
Vendor must have sale tax line.
Insufficient permission in order to perform any action.
Account lookup error while account receivable or account payable while running financial exchange.
Creating of Journal entry receipts.
Desktop point of sale in QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks Desktop.
The each and every financial statement must be recreated.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code?
Follow the following steps in order to fix the QuickBooks Error code:
First come out from the QuickBooks and close it.
Now install and download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Now open QuickBooksToolHub.exe file which is downloaded in above steps.
Follow the on-screen steps in order to fix QuickBooks error.
Once the installation is finish, open the tool hub on your windows desktop.
Now select the programs problems.
Now click on the option that Quick fix my program.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=343?
The Quick steps in order to fix QuickBooks Error C=343:
Open the QuickBooks in safe mode.
Firstly uninstall and then reinstall MSXML.dll files.
Now Download and install QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
Now update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
Save the MSXML.DLL files.
Now by using cleans install tool.
How Can I Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop?
The basic steps in order to clean install of QuickBooks Desktop.
First you have to select installation issues.
Now click on the clean Install Tool.
Now choose the QuickBooks desktop version and select.
While you are installing the message flashes on screen is “Install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location“.
Click OK button in order to confirm the message.
Why My QuickBooks is not Update?
The major factor leading to these update errors is the poor and slow internet connection.
Restrictive settings of your system firewall or internet security is also active trigger to update error.
How Can I Bypass QuickBooks Update?
Follow the following steps in order to disable updates in QuickBooks.
Download and install QuickBooks.
Open QuickBooks and click on the help tab from the menu bar.
Now click on the update QuickBooks in order to open the update QuickBooks Window.
Now click on the options tab in order to see the available update options.
Next to the Automatic update click No option.
In order to close the dialog, click on close button.
How Can I Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Error?
There is various step but one of the common steps is:
Check the date and time on the computer.
Select the date and time of the system
Now specify the current date and time in date and time settings.
Click OK twice.
Now close and reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
Now try to run the update of QuickBooks again.
How Can I open QuickBooks Without Updating?
The followings are the steps of disabling update in QuickBooks:
Download and install QuickBooks on your system.
Once the QuickBooks is installed properly open it and select the help tab in menu bar.
In order to open update QuickBooks window, you have to click on the update QuickBooks option from the drop down menu.
Now click on the option tab in order to view available update option.
Now you have to click on no which you can see next to automatic Updates.
Noe hot the OK tab and then close button in order to close the dialog box.
Why Will My QuickBooks in Not Opening?
There are various reasons due to which your QuickBooks is not opening but one of them is that there might be damage to you company file. Now you have to figure out Ur self that there is issue with QuickBooks or the data file. QuickBooks is trying to open your previous company.
Press and hold the ctrl key on your system keyboard. Now you have to double click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
Is QuickBooks Desktop is Discontinued in 2003?
Any of the business using desktop version will need to find alternative solutions prior to discontinue date which is 31 January 2003. QuickBooks desktop will not be accessible and nor supported beyond the date.
How Can I Run and Repair QuickBooks?
First you have to open, the QuickBooks tool hub.
Now select the Installation issues option.
Click on the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
Now sit aside and let the tool run. It will take around 20 Minutes.
How do I Reinstall QuickBooks after Computer Crash?
For reinstalling follow the following steps:
Open web browser and in address bar type,
Go to: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products.
Now you have to choose in which mode you want to use QuickBooks i.e Single user mode or Multiuser mode.
By Choosing the country, product and year version select your QuickBooks version and then click on the Next Button.
Now hit the search button in order to search the query.
Click the download button in order to reinstall the QuickBooks.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks to Abort?
There are multiple reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks abort error.
Damage or missing QBWUSER.INI files from the system.
Hardware issues or damaged windows in the system.
The QuickBooks Program is clashing by the antivirus installed in your system.
It all causes the system to be abort in working situation.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Data Corruption?
QuickBooks Data corruption can cause due to any reason in any time:
Problem with the peripherals or the hardware.
Network connection is poor between your system and server.
The QuickBooks is not downloaded and installed properly.
The data is corrupted or lost.