QuickBooks is one of the most preferred accounting software solutions among businesses, especially small and medium-sized firms. However, the software product offers all necessary features for companies to main records accurately and without hassle, it sometimes leads to errors, affecting its operation. One such error is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039?
QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1039 arises whenever users try to connect an app to the QuickBooks software. Though other QuickBooks errors come up with one error message, this error is likely to pop up with an error message depending on the reasons causing them. As the causes vary, the solutions tend to be different in all cases. Based on the causes, the solutions are determined.
Causes of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039
When the number of errors is many, the causes of each of them vary. The prime reasons for the rise of the QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1039 include:
- The required company file has been moved to another location.
- The file is incompatible with the third-party application.
- The location of the company file has changed.
- The name of the company file has been edited or altered
- Third-party app integration is not allowed by the QuickBooks administrator.
- You have already made multiple attempts to integrate the QuickBooks company file.
- The app is already installed and added to the application.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039
When a QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039 occurs, it pops up with an error message depending on what causes it. While most of the errors generate one error message, this error shows variation in the messages generated. The error messages you are likely to receive could be either of the following:
- Issue with adding the application
- QuickBooks company file does not grant access to the application
- Required unique Owner ID/File ID pair value
- File ID cannot be added to the company file for this company file
- If the company file stays closed and does not open
Whichever error message you receive, it will signify QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039.
How to Solve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039?
Based on the cause of the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039, the solutions are decided. Here is a list of options to follow as soon as you identify the reason causing the error:
Situation A: When the Company File has been Renamed or the Location has Changed
- You can change the company file name
- Rename it to its original version.
- If the relocation is the issue, you can create a backup of the file. (Steps are listed below)
- Restore the same to its original location. (Steps are listed below)
Step 1: Creating a Backup of the Company File
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Click the File menu option
- Select Single-user mode
- Choose File menu
- Click the drop-down🔽 arrow
- Select Backup Company File
- Click on Create a local backup
- Choose Local Backup
- On the backup window, click on Browse
- Choose the backup file
- Tap OK
- Click on Save it
Step 2: Restoring the Backup File
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, Select File menu
- Choose to Open or Restore the company file
- Tap the Restore a backup copy option, Click Next
- Select the Local Backup tab, Click Next
- Search for the company file with a backup
- Choose the location and select the folder to save the restored file
- Name the file as you want
- Now Open the file and Save it.
Situation B: When the Application is not Permitted to Access QuickBooks Company File
- Log in to QuickBooks Software
- Make sure to sign in as an Administrator
- If you are using QuickBooks on Multi-user mode, change it to Single-user Mode. To do that
- Click on the File menu
- Choose the Switch to Single-user Mode option
- Click on the Edit option on the menu bar
- Choose Preferences
- Click on the Integrated Applications
- Choose the Company Preferences tab
- Uncheck the Don’t allow any applications to access this company file box
- You will get the SDK App Authorization pop-up
- Click on Yes
- Check if you are able to access the third-party application
- Click OK
Situation C: When the File ID/Owner ID is Required
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the CP3 tool, Then open the tool
- Click on the Select file
- Search for the QuickBooks Company File (QWC File) to find out the relevant IDs, Then select open the same
- Click on Remove Stamp
- You will see the particular pop-up for QuickBooks Application Certificate. It will appear on the window, Then select Yes and click on Continue.
- On the Access window confirmation, click Done.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, Then click on OK.
- You get a confirmation regarding the removal of the Owner ID, Click Ok again.
- Close the CP3 tool, Now, add the third-party application again.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
How to Configure Web Connector for use in QuickBooks?
In case you are yet to configure Web Connector for use, you can do it when QuickBooks is closed. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Log in to QuickBooks
Step 2: Make sure to sign in as an Administrator
Step 3: If you are using QuickBooks on Multi-user mode, change it to single-user mode. To do that
Click on the File menu
Choose the Switch to Single-user Mode option
Step 4: Click on the Edit option on the menu bar
Step 5: Choose Preferences
Step 6: Click on the Integrated Applications
Step 7: Choose the Company Preferences tab
Step 8: Choose the third-party app you want to connect to QuickBooks
Step 9: Select the Properties option
Step 10: Tick the Allow this application to log in automatically checkbox
Step 11: Go to the Authorization window
Step 12: Click on Yes
Step 13: Click on User to log in
Step 14: Tap OK