The error code 557 appears when you attempt to download payroll updates after upgrading QuickBooks. QuickBooks Payroll is one of the ideal tools that businesses use to pay wages to their employees seamlessly and consistently. This is why it plays a crucial role in employee payroll management. A small issue in settings or a single payroll error can impact the reputation of your business adversely.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
When you opt to download payroll updates after upgrading the software to the latest version, this error appears.
In QuickBooks Error 557, your display screen gets the message ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience’. It applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
QuickBooks error code 557 is one such error that users may experience while configuring payroll or updating the payroll and restricts the smooth functioning of the payroll, prohibiting it to perform precisely. Not to mention, it even leads to the crashing of your computer system eventually.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 557?
QuickBooks has a plethora of errors that occur mostly while the update of the program is in progress. Error 557 is a segment of such a category.
In the majority of the cases, Windows XP, 7, 8, and Vista users experience this error in their particular system while downloading the latest QuickBooks Payroll update available or after they have downloaded the update.
The error message for QuickBooks error code 557 is as follows:
Error Name: QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557
Error Message: [Error 557] QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience.
|Error Code:||Error 557|
|Error Description:||[Error 557] QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience.|
|Cause:||When downloading payroll updates after upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks.|
|Symptom:||Program window crashes, QuickBooks Payroll crashes, not able to update payroll|
|Solution:||Re-activate QuickBooks Payroll Subscription again, update Desktop payroll with latest release|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
You may also like: How to set up email service In QuickBooks desktop?
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 557?
Here is the list of the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 557:
- When you run other programs on your Windows system, they may experience a lag.
- Hardware devices may not respond properly like keyboard or the mouse
- You may see an error message with code 557 prior to encountering the issue during the payroll update.
- Your Windows operating system performance may begin degrading.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557?
This error is caused by damage to files related to Windows operating systems. These destructive files aren’t just a threat to QuickBooks Payroll software, but can also do some irreparable damage to a computer.
- Wrong Installation of the QuickBooks Application
- Half or Full Update of the QuickBooks Application
- If the Windows has Crashed due to the Wrong or Abrupt Computer Shutdown
- Virus or Malware Attack on the Windows System Files
- Corrupted or Damaged QuickBooks Files or Windows are also one of the Leading Reasons Behind the Occurrence of this Error
- Improper Configuration of the QuickBooks Application
Important Points to Consider before to Fixing the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557
Here is the list of the crucial points to consider before resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error code 557:
- Make sure that the Payroll Tax Table is updated
- You must install the current version of QuickBooks updates in order to limit further issues, after the restoration of Windows.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks Payroll subscription is not inactive
- Ensure that your particular system addresses the minimum system requirements for the application to work smoothly.
- To restrict any kind of data loss, it is mandatory to prepare a company file backup prior to restoring the system.
Step By Step QuickBooks Payroll Error 557 Resolution
Due to the seriousness of the situation and the tight deadline for the user, it is recommended that the user contacts the technical experts immediately and relays all the information to them.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Navigate to the QuickBooks CAMPs (Customer Account Management Portal) login page. Now sign in to your particular QuickBooks software account.
Now go to the page for Manage your QuickBooks and choose what you wish to reactivate.
Navigate to the section for Products and Services and navigate to the tab for Payroll Subscription.
You can check the status of the payroll subscription. You can check it under the toolbar that is in blue color.
In case you witness the Canceled status of your particular payroll service, press the Resubscribe option. Now you will require to authenticate the data on the next window.
Make sure all the data in the fields Reactivate Subscription is accurate and right.
Now press Save and Continue. Next, you need to authenticate the subscription and billing details.
After everything is complete, press Reactivate and press Got It after the subscription reactivates.
Now you need to run QuickBooks and then update the payroll to check if it fixes the error 557.
Alternate Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
In the following step-by-step solutions, We have listed alternative solutions to fix Error easily:
Solution 1: Attempt Restoring Your System
- In order to log in to your particular system, use Administrator Account.
- Click the Start button and then press Accessories. Now click System Tools. Then click System Restore.
- Now choose a Restore Point that you have made before or from the restore points created automatically. Choose the latest restore point.
- Press the Next button.
- Now, Wait till the System Restore is going on.
- Once the system restore is completed successfully, you need to restart the Windows.
- Now you again need to open the QuickBooks Application.
Solution 2: Install the Current QuickBooks Desktop Updates that we provided by Intuit
- To see if there are certain updates that are lacking from your QuickBooks Desktop, You need to navigate to the Help tab in your QuickBooks account. Now press Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now navigate to the tab for Update Now in the next window for QuickBooks Update.
- The moment you press on the option, Get Updates, QuickBooks will begin downloading the updates in case some are available.
- Now, You will be required to restart your QuickBooks to notify QuickBooks to install the particular updates.
- Press the option for Install Updates after restarting of QuickBooks.
- Now try to install the payroll update once more and see if the error 557 has been eliminated or not.
Solution 3: Register QuickBooks Again by Eliminating the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Open your particular Windows File Explorer by clicking the keys Windows + E at the same time and go to the folder “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8”.
- Search for press right-click on the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
- Choose the action Delete and Confirm by clicking Yes.
- Run QuickBooks. Now when it is notified, type the information concerning product registration in order to activate it.
- Install the update for QuickBooks Desktop and then try again to install the payroll updates.
Solution 4: Add the QuickBooks Service Key
- In this process, You are required to open QuickBooks and then go to the Employees menu
- Now, Press on the option, My Payroll Services. Now go to the option and click Manage Service Key
- Now you need to select the Edit tab which is at the bottom of the QuickBooks Services key screen. Now you need to add a note of the service key.
- Select Add Tab and then add the Service Key
- Now you need to press on the Next tab and then press on the Finish tab
- Now navigate to the OK tab on the provided Payroll Update Message
- Together with that, make sure that the service status displays active, and then press the Next tab.
We hope that you have acquired an understanding of QuickBooks Payroll error code 557 after reading this article. We have stated the causes, triggers, and steps to fix error 557. You need to get a deep understanding of it.
Still, If you need assistance in performing any of the solutions mentioned above or need to resolve a certain query, you need to get in touch with our team of QuickBooks payroll experts.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.