QuickBooks is an accounting suite of high end that has a worldwide base of clientele of 4.5 million. It is enriched with amazing features including inventory management, payroll, reconciliation, and so much more. There will be several situations when its users run into various technical errors which can be difficult to handle or may disturb your daily routine tasks with this software. This error is also named as “Payroll Update Error PS033” in QuickBooks. It can pop up whenever a user attempts to run the company file or tries to download payroll updates.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
This particular error code can appear often in the form of a dialog box with a message that reads: “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files [Error PS003]”. This aforementioned error code could be visible on the user’s computer screen for certain reasons. It can be a possibility that an impaired CPS folder exists in QuickBooks or in case while opening the company files, the user might need the elevated permissions to access it.
But there can be several other reasons which might trigger the “Payroll Update PS0333” error. To understand this better, you need to go to the dialog box to open, which are explained in detail in the subsequent topics below.
Due to this, the users will often come across “QuickBooks Error PS033” several times and will get obstructed from accessing the company file. However, the error code can be ruled out permanently by adopting certain steps. The best part is you hardly require any special skills.
What is the Reasons QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
Here are the listed possible reasons in the form of points due to which the error of “QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033” may pop up:
- Severe issues in the company files and its data, such as anomalies in invoices, or payments already done being shown as pending.
- Other QuickBooks programs hinder the download of payroll updates.
- The Payroll update is partially downloaded.
- Troublesome or impaired CPS folder in QuickBooks.
- Users have inappropriate or limited access to the company file instead of having full rights.
- QuickBooks is of old version and not updated to its latest stable release.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033
Here are some of the possible solutions listed which can be adopted to fix the QuickBooks error code PS003 permanently:
Ways 1: Verification and Rebuild of the Data in QuickBooks Desktop
There are several troubles that are caused due to the corruption in the company file. Be it the errors closing QuickBooks, invoices appearing with negative figures, or all accounts not appearing in the balance sheet, and so on. This could be easily fixed with the specific tool also known as Verify and Rebuild Data Utility in the QuickBooks Desktop version. This feature of Verify Utility locates where the problem is initiated, whereas, Rebuild Data utility ensures to fix the issues about the data accuracy in the company file.
Step 1: Running ‘Verify’ Utility in QuickBooks
- Quit all the windows.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu. Click the ‘Utilities’ option in the File menu.
- Click ‘Verify Data’.
- If the data inside the company file is not affected, then most possibly you won’t receive further errors and can easily proceed with QuickBooks.
[However, if it is not like that, then you might need to go to step-2 again. With the help of this step 2 ‘Rebuild’ utility will self-repair any damages sustained by data in the company file.]
Step 2: Running ‘Rebuild’ Utility in QuickBooks
- Open ‘QuickBooks’ from the desktop.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu. You’ll find ‘Utilities’ option inside the menu, click to proceed.
- Run the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility.
- Then you need to click the ‘OK’ button when prompted with a confirm dialog box to store a backup.
- Navigate to the desired backup location, select ‘OK’ to proceed
- If it prompts to replace an already saved backup, then you should select the ‘No’ action tab. Save the backup with a suitable name. Click ‘Save’ to confirm.
As soon as the process of saving the backup is completed, ‘Rebuild utility’ launches. Click on the ‘OK’ action tab when the repair process is completed.
Ways 2: Configuration of User Accounts Control settings in Windows
- The User Accounts Control enables a user to secure their system by creating restricted access to certain programs that could potentially harm the operating system. This particular issue can also prevent other user’s access to certain programs and can enhance the privilege for specific computing tasks.
- Go to ‘Start Menu’. In the search bar type ‘Control Panel’. Right-click to open the control panel.
- You need to locate the ‘User Accounts’ and click on the tab to proceed further.
- Now, you need to go to ‘Change user account control settings’ which will be visible below the heading ‘Make changes to the user account’.
- After this, you should make necessary changes by toggling the switch to ‘Never Notify’. click ‘OK’. This action will deactivate UAC.
- Toggle switch to ‘Always Notify’, click ‘OK’. This action will reactivate the UAC. Reboot PC to save changes.
Ways 3: Rename the QuickBooks CPS Folder
- Close ‘QuickBooks Desktop’. Go to ‘C:’ drive of the system. Then you need to locate the ‘CPS’ folder which is available in the ‘Intuit’ folder > ‘Program files’.
- Open the ‘CPS’ folder in the payroll section.
- You should rename the folder from the old name of ‘CPS’ to the new name ‘CPSOLD’. Post renaming, users are advised to update the tax table for payroll.
For more assistance regarding QuickBooks, you can connect with us anytime at your convenience. You just need to dial our toll free number or fill out the available lead form on our official website.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Errors?
Click the Help menu.
Choose About QuickBooks .
Press Ctrl+Alt+Y on your keyboard, then click on Next.
In the Employee Summary Information window, you need to select the underpaid employee.
Double-click on the employee’s name.
Review the YTD Adjustment details.
Why Won’t my QuickBooks Payroll Update Install?
There are several reasons due to which QuickBooks Payroll won’t get updated. These reasons can be the invalid tax table, system configuration issues, SSL in incorrect, validation problem, etc. However, you can easily resolve it by updating system settings, tax table, and correct SSL.
How do I Update my Payroll in QuickBooks?
Close your company files and QuickBooks.
Open the Windows Start menu.
Search for QuickBooks Desktop.
While the user is on the “No Company Open screen”, he or she can go to the Help menu.
Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Go to the Options tab.
Go to the Update Now tab.
Hit Get Updates.