The QuickBooks PDF component missing is a known issue in this accounting software. In general, it takes place when the particular PDF files in the QuickBooks application display as QuickBooks complete the present action due to a missing component.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
When this particular error arises, you may receive an error message on the window that says the component needed for PDF print in QuickBooks is absent. However, when these printing issues arise they can be very frustrating. These particular printing issues are quite normal and common in QuickBooks applications and these can restrict you from printing your particular documents.
What are the Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks PDF Component Missing Error?
QuickBooks missing PDF component problem arises due to several reasons as given in the list below:
- An outdated version of the Adobe Reader program.
- A damaged or missing Adobe Reader application is one of the most obvious reasons behind the error.
- If the Microsoft XPS document writer is switched off in the Windows settings.
- Often, an outdated version of your QuickBooks application can give rise to the error.
What are the Possible PDF Errors QuickBooks Users Experience?
Here is the list:
- Missing PDF Component
- Unable to Create and Print PDF
- Driver not Working
- Unable to Print with the Printer Due to Connection Problems
- QuickBooks Error 1801 or Error 1722
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks PDF Component Missing
Let us discuss how to fix the QuickBooks PDF component missing issue with the help of effective troubleshooting steps and what are the possible reasons for it.
Solution 1: Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the Current Release
You need to upgrade your particular QuickBooks software to the latest release, in order to fix QuickBooks cannot create PDF problems. Check our detailed article on how to update QuickBooks to the latest release and check if the error persists.
An outdated version of your particular QuickBooks application can be the very reason for the different technical issues in the applications. One such technical glitch is, QuickBooks discovered a component needed to create PDF files is missing. Such an issue usually prompts when the user has an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
In order to fix this issue, it is a must that you update QuickBooks, then visit the QuickBooks Download and Update web-page and proceed further with the help of the steps given below:
Step 1: Hit on QuickBooks Desktop drop-down list arrow and then select your QuickBooks product.
Step 2: The second step is that you give the necessary details like Version, Country, Product, etc.
Step 3: Once you have provided all the details, press on Search.
Step 4: Now, hit on the option Get Latest Updates and press Save.
Note: Select the best download location on your particular computer and then you install the downloaded file in order to complete the task. In case QuickBooks fails to complete the present action because of a missing component error message displays on the window again, shift to the next location.
Solution 2: Update and Repair Impaired Adobe Acrobat Reader
An Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is damaged or outdated, can also lead to QuickBooks cannot create PDF issues. To fix this issue, please follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Look for the Update
- Hit on the icon that says Windows Start and type Adobe in the particular search box.
- Now look and press Adobe Reader from the particular list of applications.
- From the particular Help tab, choose the Check for Updates option.
- Follow the instructions given step-by-step in order to install the updates.
Step 2: Fix the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- First, close the applications that are working on the particular computer.
- Now, click Windows + R keys and then the Run window will display.
- Now press “appwiz.cpl” in the particular Run box and press Enter.
- Now, you are required to press Adobe Reader and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Now again, press the Next tab and then click Install.
- Finally, hit on Finish in order to complete the task.
Solution 3: Activating and Enable Microsoft XPS Document Writer
In this particular solution, we will assist you to repair the QuickBooks PDF component missing error. We will do it by activating the Microsoft XPS document writer from the on and off settings feature of windows. It will help in dealing with the QuickBooks detected that a component needed to create PDF files is missing very smoothly.
Here are the steps to do it:
Step 1: Click Windows + R together with R in order to start the Run.
Step 2: Now add “appwiz.cpl” inside the particular Run text field, and then press Enter.
Step 3: Now, on the left side of the Feature and Program window, click on the Turn Windows Features on or off.
Step 4: Now press on the checkbox that is right next to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer in order to allow the XPS document writer.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool to Resolve the Error
QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool is specifically designed to resolve a number of Print & PDF related errors.
Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub on Your System
The first step is to download the QuickBooks Tool hub and install it. You need to do it from the official website. Now, install it in the right manner and then when the install is complete, you need to start the QuickBooks Tool hub.
Run QuickBooks PDF & Printed Repair Tool from QB Tool Hub
Use the Program problem to repair PDF and Print issue
- First, start the QuickBooks Tool hub by double-clicking on the particular icon of the QuickBooks Tool hub
- Look for QuickBooks PDF & Printed Repair Tool, select it and let the tool run.
- In the particular home window of the QuickBooks Tool hub, choose the Program Problems tab
- Now, navigate to the PDF and Print repair tool in QuickBooks. The repairing process will take a short amount of time
- Finally, try to Save or Print the particular PDF
Solution 5: Reset Permission for Your TEMP Folder
QuickBooks may be unable to access the file required for PDF Print because of permission difficulties with your TEMP folder. The steps mentioned below will help you resolve the “Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” error by resetting the permissions for the Temp folder.
Step 1: To Full Control Set Temp Folder Permissions
- By pressing the Window + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard open the RUN command window.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen, then you have to type %TEMP% and press the Enter key.
- After that, right-click on the empty area in the Temp folder and choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Then go to the tab of Security.
- Lastly, on the Security tab, You have to ensure that all user names and groups have Full Control.
If you want to set the permission for any user name or group to Full Control
- Select the user or group name by clicking the Edit button under the Security tab.
- Then mark the Allow checkbox that is next to Full Control.
- To save the changes you’ve made, you must finally click the OK button.
Step 2: Verify that You are Able to Print to XPS (Only for Save as PDF and Email Issues)
- Open the Windows Start menu or type Window + R keys simultaneously to open the RUN command window.
- In the dialog box type Notepad and click ok. Notepad will open on your screen.
- You have to go to the File menu and then from the drop-down menu select the Print option.
- Then select XPS Document Writer and then click on the Print button.
- Do the naming of the file and then locate it on your Windows desktop.
- Lastly, on the desktop view the XPS document that you have printed from your notepad.
In this article, we have guided you with all the possible routes to fix the QuickBooks PDF component missing errors problem. You need to follow each and every trouble-shooting step in the given order.
However, for some, fixing such errors on their own can be a daunting task. This is when you should hire professional help.
For all kinds of professional help related to QuickBooks PDF component missing error, You can connect with the Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Fix QuickBooks can’t Complete the Current Action Due to a Missing Component?
● Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
● Then Run Print and PDF Repair Tool.
● After that, reset the temporary folder permission.
● Now ensure that XPS can print.
● Lastly, check print settings.
What to do When QuickBooks Error Shows – You do not have a PDF Viewer Installed on Your Computer?
Set the Adobe Reader as the Default PDF Viewer
If Adobe Reader isn’t set as the default program for viewing documents, QuickBooks won’t recognize it. Make sure you have a PDF Reader (perhaps Adobe Acrobat Reader) installed on your computer before proceeding with the procedures listed below.
For Windows 7, 8, 8.1 users
● Click on the window key on the keyboard and type control panel in the dialog box.
● In the control panel select Programs.
● Then click on set default programs.
● Search and select Adobe Reader.
● As a default select set this program.
For Windows 10 Users
● Press Windows key at the keyboard.
● Then click on the settings icon and then go to Apps and from the default apps on the left panel.
● Now search.PDF and click on it and set it as the default program.
● Then from the list of programs, search and select Adobe Acrobat Reader.
● Lastly select switch anyway.
QuickBooks Could not Create the Necessary PDF Files, Unable to Save Forms or Reports as a .PDF. Using Windows 10. What to do?
To fix the issue you need to change the storage settings:
● Firstly, open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat.
● Then go to the Edit Menu and then select Preferences.
● After that, select the General option and then uncheck the box for show online storage at the time when saving files.
● To save the settings, at the bottom click on OK.