The QuickBooks PDF component missing is a known issue in this accounting software. In general, it takes place when the particular PDF files in the QuickBooks application display as QuickBooks complete the present action due to a missing component.
When this particular error arises, you may receive an error message on the window that says the component needed for PDF print in QuickBooks is absent. However, when these printing issues arise they can be very frustrating. These particular printing issues are quite normal and common in QuickBooks applications and these can restrict you from printing your particular documents.
What are the Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks PDF Component Missing Error?
QuickBooks missing PDF component problem arises due to several reasons as given in the list below:
- An outdated version of the Adobe Reader program.
- A damaged or missing Adobe Reader application is one of the most obvious reasons behind the error.
- If the Microsoft XPS document writer is switched off in the Windows settings.
- Often, an outdated version of your QuickBooks application can give rise to the error.
What are the Possible PDF Errors QuickBooks Users Experience?
Here is the list:
- Missing PDF component
- Unable to create and print PDF
- Driver not working
- Unable to print with the printer due to connection problems
- QuickBooks error 1801 or error 1722
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks PDF Component Missing
Let us discuss how to fix the QuickBooks PDF component missing issue with the help of effective troubleshooting steps and what are the possible reasons for it.
Solution 1: Upgrade QuickBooks to the Current Release
You need to upgrade your particular QuickBooks software to the latest release, in order to fix QuickBooks cannot create PDF problems.
An outdated version of your particular QuickBooks application can be the very reason for the different technical issues in the applications. One such technical glitch is, QuickBooks discovered a component needed to create PDF files is missing. Such an issue usually prompts when the user has an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
In order to fix this issue, it is a must that you update QuickBooks with the help of the steps given below:
Step 1: Hit on QuickBooks Desktop drop-down list arrow and then select your QuickBooks product.
Step 2: The second step is that you give the necessary details like Version, Country, Product, etc.
Step 3: Once you have provided all the details, press on Search.
Step 4: Now, hit on the option Get Latest Updates and press Save.
Note: Select the best download location on your particular computer and then you install the downloaded file in order to complete the task. In case QuickBooks fails to complete the present action because of a missing component error message displays on the window again, shift to the next location.
Solution 2: Upgrade and Repair Impaired Adobe Acrobat Reader
An Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is damaged or outdated, can also lead to QuickBooks cannot create PDF issues. To fix this issue, please follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Look for the Update
- Hit on the icon that says Windows Start and type Adobe in the particular search box.
- Now look and press Adobe Reader from the particular list of applications.
- From the particular Help tab, choose the Check for Updates option.
- Follow the instructions given step-by-step in order to install the updates.
Step 2: Fix the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- First, close the applications that are working on the particular computer.
- Now, click Windows + R keys and then the Run window will display.
- Now press “appwiz.cpl” in the particular Run box and press Enter.
- Now, you are required to press Adobe Reader and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Now again, press the Next tab and then click Install.
- Finally, hit on Finish in order to complete the task.
Solution 3: Activating the MS XPS Document Writer to Repair QuickBooks cannot create PDF issue
In this particular solution, we will assist you to repair the QuickBooks PDF component missing error. We will do it by activating the Microsoft XPS document writer from the on and off settings feature of windows. It will help in dealing with the QuickBooks detected that a component needed to create PDF files is missing very smoothly.
Here are the steps to do it:
Step 1: Click Windows together with R in order to start the Run.
Step 2: Now add “appwiz.cpl” inside the particular Run text field, and then press Enter.
Step 3: Now, on the left side of the Feature and Program window, click on the Windows Features On or Off.
Step 4: Now press on the checkbox that is right next to the MS XPS document writer in order to allow the XPS document writer.
Solution 4: PDF and Printer Repair Tool
Step 1: The first step is to download the QuickBooks Tool hub and install it. You need to do it from the official website. Now, install it in the right manner and then when the install is complete, you need to start the QuickBooks Tool hub.
Step 2: Use the Program problem to repair PDF and Print issue
- First, start the QuickBooks Tool hub by double-clicking on the particular icon of the QuickBooks Tool hub
- In the particular home window of the QuickBooks Tool hub, choose the Program issue tab
- Now, navigate to the PDF and Print repair tool in QuickBooks. The repairing process will take a short amount of time
- Finally, try to Save or Print the particular PDF
In this article, we have guided you with all the possible routes to fix the QuickBooks PDF component missing errors problem. You need to follow each and every trouble-shooting step in the given order.
However, for some, fixing such errors on their own can be a daunting task. This is when you should hire professional help.
For all kinds of professional help related to QuickBooks PDF component missing error, please reach out to our Dancing Numbers Team.