When installing QuickBooks, do you encounter errors? In some cases, users receive a message stating QuickBooks requires a reboot to complete installation whenever they install an update for QuickBooks. The update may not be finished in some cases, even after the system has rebooted, and the message to reboot to complete installation keeps repeating itself.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
If you too have faced such an issue, read this article to learn about the causes, symptoms, and solutions to fix the QuickBooks requiring a reboot to complete the installation error.
What causes QuickBooks Requires Reboot to Complete Installation Error?
Such an installation error appears due to several reasons, some of which include:
- Corrupted or Damaged Hard Disk
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file
- A lengthy Company Name
- Wrong Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Old an outdated operating system
Symptoms of QuickBooks Require Reboot to Complete Installation Error
The signs below show that QuickBooks require a reboot to finish the installation:
- At first, Run the installer once it is downloaded from QuickBooks and then run it as an admin.
- Now move ahead by just installing the VC9
- Then an error message will appear and then almost instantly the request to reboot the system appears
- Now press on the Yes tab. However, It will lead to the same error message appearing on the window. Following this error, the system then reboots as usual
- The installer commences on its own and then the process is repeated again and again
- If you try to select No when the prompt appears to reboot and then restart manually, the computer system state that the installed was suddenly interrupted and hence you need to commence from the beginning.
Some Important Tips You need to Follow Before Fixing the Error
The user is recommended to conduct the below-mentioned things prior to fixing the error:
- The user is advised to update the software to its current version
- Make sure to suppress the particular QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Turn off the hosting on the particular system
- Alter the name of the .ND and >TLG files
- Fix the QuickBooks Desktop software available on your system
Issue of QuickBooks Require Reboot to Complete Installation in 2023
After a fresh update, QuickBooks 2023 won’t open and shows a message informing you that you need to reboot to complete the installation. The installation loop cannot be completed without rebooting the computer and restarting the computer does not solve the problem. Every time you run QuickBooks 2023, the installation loop needs to be completed without leaving QuickBooks. Fixing Issue of QuickBooks Require Reboot to Complete Installation in 2023:
Fix QuickBooks Requires a Reboot to Complete the Installation Error:
You must have access to an administrator account to resolve this problem. If you can access the administrator account, take the methods that are listed below to fix the error.
- You have to log in to Windows using your administrative account.
- Then you have to go to the Start menu.
- Now you have to select the Control Panel and then click on Programs.
- You have to choose to turn Windows features on or off.
- Next, you have to turn on .NET Framework 3.5.
- Now you can reboot your system.
The .NET Framework is required for the QuickBooks installer to install any new updates. The installation process will undoubtedly fail if it is disabled. The installer will now complete the installation if it wasn’t already done when you logged in.
Other Alternative Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Require Reboot to Complete Installation
The error may seem very difficult to fix, however, it can be repaired by conducting the steps given below:
Solution 1: In the Selective Startup Mode, Run the Computer
To make sure that no other software application is hampering the process, shifting to a selective startup mode is advised, with the help of the steps given below:
- At first, press the Windows + R keys in order to open the Run command screen.
- When the particular window opens up on the screen, enter MSConfig.
- Press on the OK tab to show the System Configuration screen.
- In this screen, Press on the Selective Startup mode in the provided General tab.
- Also, Select Load System Services.
- You now need to move to the Services tab and also click Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now select the option, Disable all.
- Also, Uncheck the particular Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Make sure the option Windows Installer Checkbox is marked from the provided list of services.
- If it is not marked, put a checkmark in the particular checkbox.
- Press on the OK tab.
- Now press Restart button in the computer configuration screen. Now attempt to install the QuickBooks software once more. After QuickBooks is installed properly, shift to the normal startup. The process of shifting to the Normal mode is very convenient and needs you to follow certain steps:
- Press on the Windows + R keys to use the Run command
- Add MSConfig and then click the OK tab
- Now, In the particular General tab, select the Normal Startup option
- Now, Click the OK tab
- Lastly, In the system configuration screen, Select the Restart option
Solution 2: Use the Quick Fix my Program Feature to Repair the Force Reboot issue
- Before initiating the process, first you need to close QuickBooks.
- Now, Get the updated QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Now, Save the particular file to an easy useable location.
- Now, Open the file downloaded by pressing on it twice.
- Now, Conduct the steps given on the screen to install and then agree to the conditions and terms.
- After the installation is over, Press on the Icon available on the Windows desktop twice to open the tool hub.
- Now when the tool hub opens, Select the Program problems tab.
- Select the Quick Fix My Program option.
- Now you can initiate the QuickBooks Desktop and then open the data file.
- Now reboot the system afterward.
Solution 3: Edit the Permissions Related to the Temporary Folders
- To begin with, Press on the Windows key.
- Now you need to add %temp% in the search box.
- Now press right-click on the particular Windows TEMP folder after it has been opened, and now select Properties.
- Press on the Security tab on the Properties screen and then click on Edit.
- Select the Windows Username.
- Select the checkbox for Full Control in the provided Allow column.
- Now, Press twice on the OK.
- Now install QuickBooks software once more to check if the error still exists.
Solution 4: Subdue QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Press right-click on the particular QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click on the Ctrl key and then choose Open. Now hold the Ctrl Key if you have opened the particular No Company Open screen.
- Now open the particular QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation if not Done Properly
- On your keyboard, Press Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- Now choose the option, Task Manager.
- Now, Press the Process tab.
- Now press right-click on any QuickBooks Processes.
- Post this, Press on End Process.
- You will receive a confirmation process. In that process, Choose End all Processes.
Solution 6: Make a New Windows Admin User
- Firstly, Press on the Control Panel and then use it for navigating.
- Press on the User Account two times and then click Manage User and then press on Add.
- Once it is complete, Add the name along with the domain of the administrator and then press the OK button.
- In case you are using Windows 10, then choose Administrator.
- Now, You need to press Finish and it will direct you to the User Accounts dialogue box.
- Now click OK.
Solution 7: Start the QuickBooks Desktop Again
- Open the Start Menu on your system.
- Press on the Power Button and then choose the Restart option.
- After the restart is done, Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 8: Use the Company File from Another Location
- First, You need to click the keys Windows + E.
- It will open the Windows explorer.
- Now, Search for the file with the .QBW file extension.
- When you search for a file location on a given network server, Perform it in the Network drive where the data file is placed.
- Press right-click on the file and then choose copy.
- Press right-click on the particular file and choose Copy.
- Now find the C: drive and create a new folder.
- Name it as QBTest.
- Open the particular folder and then paste the given company file in it.
- Open your QuickBooks but keep holding the CTRL button.
- Now use the company file you have copied.
Solution 9: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now move to the installation issues button.
- Now choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the particular tool and allow it to conduct the required scan.
- Once the issue has been identified by the tool, it performs the required steps automatically to fix the problem. It is a lengthy process.
- Now reboot the computer in order to save the changes.
- Now see if the issue is resolved or not.
After going through this write-up, we hope that you will be able to resolve the installation issue in QuickBooks with ease.
In all the methods listed above, you will be able to fix the “QuickBooks requires a reboot to complete installation” error being displayed on the loop. If you need assistance, you can contact our support team.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop?
Here are the steps to update QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 2: Now navigate to Help and then go to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Now press on the Update Now option, Available in the right corner.
Step 4: Now check the box for Reset Update and press Get Updates.
Step 5: When the update is over, Close QuickBooks.
Which Tools to use to fix QuickBooks Installation Errors and Missing Components?
QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool to solve problems that come up during QuickBooks software installation. This tool helps in determining and diagnosing all types of issues properly.