To understand the occurrence of “QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable” in your system, you need to have some insights about Microsoft Visual C++.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is Microsoft Visual C++?
In Microsoft Visual C++, there are Redistributable Packages. These are nothing but libraries, which are required to run those C++ applications that are developed by Visual C++.
The QuickBooks Desktop automatically installs the latest version of Visual C++ in your system. However, if for some reason the Visual C++ installation is removed or damaged, manual installation of the version is recommended.
What is QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable?
With the installation of the QuickBooks application, a Microsoft program, Microsoft Visual C++is automatically installed on your computer.
QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable occurs if the Microsoft Visual C++ gets corrupted or damaged in your system. In order to start the program fresh, you can uninstall and then reinstall it.
Microsoft Visual C++ can easily be downloaded from the Microsoft website. However, if you already have a CD version of QuickBooks, you can load the CD, find and run the Microsoft Visual C++ installer there.
What is the need for QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable?
QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable is a program that is normally installed by a remote operator, which assists you in fixing all such issues that are related to your QuickBooks Software.
This Runtime Redistributable not only ensures you that your QuickBooks application is running normally but also establishes the proper functioning of all those applications that depend upon the QuickBooks libraries.
Even though it is safe to uninstall or remove QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable from your computer, some applications that are dependent upon the runtime might experience errors or technical issues.
System Requirements of QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable
The system requirements for the Redistributable Packages of Visual C++ are:
The following Operating systems will support the Redistributable Packages – Windows XP, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2,Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
The servers supporting the packages include Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- A minimum of 512 MB of RAM is required.
- A hard drive of 5400 RPM is required.
- The processor you use should at least be 900 MHz or more.
- A minimum of 50 MB of Hard disk space must be available.
- A capable video card (Direct X9) with a high-resolution display (1024×768 or more).
What is the Reason of Installation of Multiple Visual C++ Redistributable?
There can be a variety of reasons for multiple Visual C++ Redistributable in your computer, such as:
- Depending upon the version of Windows you use, different versions of Visual C++ also come pre-installed along with it.
- If you notice any additional version of Visual C++ Redistributable on your computer, it was most probably installed along with a program that needed it.Yet, if you want an application to run in a particular version of Visual C++, then you must install the code libraries for that version in your machine.
- Often when you run some programs for the first time, you can receive a message about the Redistributable Packages being installed in your system.
- It can also possible that you might locate different versions of the same redistributable installed in your computer. Many a time, there are multiple versions installed from the same year as well.
- If you are running 64-bit Windows on your machine, you might even notice both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of some programs. These include certain bundles which come along with Windows and others which come with the software that you run.
How to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ to fix QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable?
You can perform the following steps for uninstallation and then reinstallation of Microsoft Visual C++ on your machine to fix QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable.
Kindly implement every step and do not miss out on any:
UNINSTALL Microsoft Visual C++:
Step 1: Close all the Open or Running programs on your computer.
Step 2: Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys.
Step 3: Search for Control Panel and then click ok.
Step 4: From the given list of programs, choose the Microsoft Visual C++ that is suitable for your QuickBooks Version. (For example, The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable is suitable for your device if you have the Pro, Premier, or Enterprise versions of QuickBooks Desktop.)
Step 5: Perform the instructions on your screen after clicking on the Uninstall tab to uninstall the program.
Step 6: Finally, you can restart your device when prompted.
REINSTALL Microsoft Visual C++:
Follow the steps given below if you are using a CD to install QuickBooks on your device:
Step 1: Insert the QuickBooks CD in the CD drive of your machine.
Step 2: Close the QuickBooks Installation Window that might appear on your screen on inserting the CD.
Step 3: Open the Computer Window by pressing the Windows + E keys on your keyboard.
Step 4: Browse to D:\ThirdParty\CRT8 or D:\ThirdParty\CRT9 on the Window. Here, D: is the letter of your CD Drive.
Step 5: Finally, to install the software, follow the prompts on your screen after double-clicking on vc_red.msi or vcredist_x86.exe.
You can alternatively download and install Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft Website if you do not have a QuickBooks CD at hand.
We hope that the topic of QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable is clear to you and now you know how to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ to fix QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.