Intuit consistently updates its own item as per requirement of the user. QuickBooks is a strong and simple to-involve in monetary administration in the framework for medium-sized organizations. QuickBooks is easy and simple to use and its ability is also very high due to which users prefer to go with this app. It is advantageous to grow businesses with QuickBooks arrangements.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
The one of the important feature of QuickBooks is a multiuser mode. In a multiuser mode, the users work on the same file together from other system on the same time. In order to use the multiuser mode in QuickBooks on the normal PC, you have to set the host at the dedicated server. QuickBooks database server manager is the software which is use to create the bridge between the QuickBooks and the workstation to work in multiuser mode.
When the workstations are not able to connect to the remote server then it will correct the issue or the error. There are many causes and the verified solutions in order to resolve the issue.
This article will be very useful in case you are also facing the same problem that is not able to connect the server. This type of the message arises with the pop up message on the screen.
- Not able to communicate with the QuickBooks server.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not able to connect the remote server.
- There are the issues, the communication problem in between the QuickBooks server and workstations.
Causes of QuickBooks if there is no Connection Between the Remote Server
There are couple of factors due to which the error connection between QuickBooks and the workstations. Following are the some of them:
- There was a issue with the hosting of file.
- The issue is also created due to permission from the authorities.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working on the server.
- The state of the local area network is Inactive.
- The QuickBooks server is not set up properly.
- The firewall which is running on the third party firewall.
- The version of the QuickBooks is outdated.
- Due to the system poor connection the QuickBooks suffers for such type of errors.
- The QuickBooks is not downloaded or installed properly.
- The connection of server is lost.
- The use of dynamic IP address.
Symptoms of QuickBooks if there is No Connection Between the Remote Server
Following are the symptoms of QuickBooks which shows that the system is not connected to the remote server:
- Your system was unable to share the files.
- The error pops up on the screen in front of you.
- The peripherals didn’t work properly as it is not responding to the command given to it.
- System starts hanging again and again or we can say system is crashing again and again.
Troubleshooting for the Resolving the Connection issue Between Remote Server and the QuickBooks
Following are the best trouble shootings methods in order to resolve the connection issue between the remote server and the QuickBooks:
Method 1: Resetting Internet Explorer Settings to Default
In this step we try to resolve the issue by resetting the settings of Internet explorer to default. Follow following steps in order to resolve the issue:
- First you have to navigate to the Internet Explore of your system and then click it in order to open it.
- Now navigate to the gear icon and hit a click on it.
- Select the internet options from the folder.
- In the list of option of internet options screen, go to the advance tab and select it.
- Select restore advance settings from the advance menu screen.
- Hit Ok button in order to confirm about setting and then exit from the screen.
- Now recheck by connecting remote server in order if the issue of not connecting is resolve or not.
Method 2: Checking the Settings of the Webmail Preferences
The other method of resolving the issue is checking the settings of the webmail preferences. The procedure of resolving the issue is explained as following:
- First of all you have to open your QuickBooks on your system.
- Now navigate to the QuickBooks Edit menu option and then select the preferences from the drop down menu of QuickBooks Edit menu.
- From the left pane of the preferences there is the option of send forms so select it.
- Choose for the option email accounting being used and then select edit option from the preferences in order to edit the email account detail.
- Navigate to the email account being used option and then select it.
- Open the email edit screen again and entre the server name and port in the email provider settings it will help in searching the connection on the network.
- Once you are done with the above steps so now you have to set the email service in QuickBooks in order for the SMTP server and ports.
Method 3: Create the Data File (.ND File) on the Network
In case if the above two steps didn’t work in order to resolve the issue then you can try this method of resolving the issue. In this we need to create the data file on the network. Following are the steps of troubleshooting the issue.
- Hit the window key on the keyboard in order to open the start menu on your desktop.
- In the search menu of start screen type QuickBooks Database Server Manager in order to search it.
- Once the system helps you to know that where the Database Server Manager is store, so then navigates to it and then selects it.
- In case you are not able to find the QuickBooks Database Server Manager in that case you have to uninstall and then again install the QuickBooks.
- Once you are done with the installation process then you can go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window and the browse for the company file location in order to opens it.
- Hit the add folder button in order to add the folder in the list.
- Once you are done with the adding of the folder, so now you have to select the scan now button.
- Now you have to scan the QuickBooks company files.
- In last be sure that .ND File is created in QuickBooks for the each data file.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks with the Latest Release
The updating of the QuickBooks with the latest release is very helpful in fixing the issue of QuickBooks unable to connect remote server error. The following are the steps in order to resolve the issue:
- Navigate to the help menu and from the drop down menu click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop down menu.
- In the update QuickBooks option you have to select the options tab and then select option in order to mark all the options.
- Now select the update now option and wait for sometime in order to get the updates.
- Now close the QuickBooks and now restart your system, and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5: Organize the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In case if the above methods didn’t work in your favor then you can organize the QuickBooks Database Server Manager as it is very helpful in fixing the issue at certain level. The steps in order to perform this method are explained below:
- Open the start menu and type QuickBooks Database Server Manager in order to search it.
- Once you are successful in open QuickBooks Database Server Manager then you can remove the existing folder.
- Now click on add folder tab in the Database Manager in order to add the folder in the QuickBooks Company File folder.
- In the end you have to scan the folder in order to make notes for the errors which are available in database server manager.
Method 6: Validate the QuickBooks Desktop File Hosting
Now the final method of the troubleshooting is to validate the QuickBooks Desktop File Hosting. It can be the conflict between QuickBooks and the server. The steps for resolving issue is the following:
1. The Hosting of all the Workstation is Turned off
- First you have to open your QuickBooks account by using your login ID and password.
- Now navigate to the file menu on the top of screen and then select utilities from the drop down menu of the file.
- In utilities select stop hosting multiuser access option.
- In case you can’t see the option that is stop hosting multiuser option but in place of that there is a option of host multiuser access then you have to hit the yes button in order to confirm it.
2. The Hosting of the Server Computer is Turned ON
- Hit the window key on the keyboard in order to open the window on the screen.
- In the search field type windows task manager and hit enter in order to open the task manager on the system.
- In task manager click on the more details tab.
- Click on the services tab on the top of the task manager.
- In the services tab drop down menu click on the QBBDBMgrN.exe from the list of options.
- Press window plus R keys together on the keyboard in order to verify the file.
- Open the run command on your system.
- Type services.msc in the command filed and the hit the entre buton in order to run it.
- Press button Q on the keyboard in order to find the QBDBMgrN.exe file.
- Hit the automatic start option in order to run the command.
Prevention of the Repair
Following are the tips which help you in keeping your data file in error free manner. It will help you in resolve the data file connection.
- The data should be clean occasionally.
- Now rebuild and verify your data in detail.
- Once the above two steps are done, so now logout from the QuickBooks.
The above six methods explained in this article are very helpful in resolving the issue of connection between the QuickBooks and the remote server. But still if you are facing problem in resolving the issue then we recommend you to get some technical assistance. Our Dancing Numbers team will help in resolving the issue and work with the QuickBooks and the server more efficiently and effectively.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How Can I Connect the QuickBooks to My Server?
In order to connect the QuickBooks to your server you just need to scan them and in order to perform the process of scanner you have to follow the following steps:
• Hit the window button on the keyboard of the server in order to open the start menu.
• In the search engine of the start menu type the database in order to open the QuickBooks database server manager.
• Now navigate to the scan tab in the menu of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
• Hit the browse button in order to search the location of the company file.
• Once you are done with the above steps, so now hit the OK button in order to finish the process.
• Now you are ready to scan the system so select the scan button in order to start scanning.
How Can I Access the QuickBooks Remotely?
In order to access the QuickBooks remotely you have to follow the following steps:
• First you have to open the splash top business app on your system.
• Now search for your computer from the list of the computers.
• Once you find your system, so now click on the remote session button in order to start the session.
• With the help of above step you are able to view the other computer screen on your system.
• Now you can easily open the QuickBooks on your remote computer.
How Can I Access my QuickBooks Company from Other Computer?
Follow the following steps in order to access the QuickBooks of your company from other:
• Open the QuickBooks account on the system by entering login ID and the Password.
• From the top of the screen select the file menu and from the drop down menu of file you have to select the restore company option.
• Now you have to open the company file and then hit the next button.
• Click on the browse button in order to open the location of the file.
• Select your company file from the list of files.
• Now your QuickBooks is open on the system so entre your user name and password in order to open your QuickBooks on the other system.