In QuickBooks, if you are using payroll, bank features, and more then you have to create and setup your bank account. Setting up bank account into your QuickBooks account whether it is Desktop, Online, or Mac is easy with detailed process. Setup bank account and then download bank transactions into QuickBooks account that helps you to avail the bank services. Here are the ways to setup bank account in QuickBooks Desktop, Online, & Mac according to the operating system and edition you are using.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
How to Setup Bank Account in QuickBooks Windows (Pro, Premier, Enterprise)
QuickBooks Desktop is embedded with an incredible feature enabled users bank to connect bank and credit card accounts for online banking. You can easily download transaction details without dwelling in time taking manual process. It will save your time and cutbacks unwanted errors.
You can use single mode and multiuser mode to set your bank and credit accounts for online banking. You can connect upto 40 accounts in it.
Following are the steps to connect a bank account to bank feeds:
- Select Bank feed from the banking drop down menu.
- In the bank feed enter the name of your financial institution whose bank feed you require.
- Now you can connect your account to bank feed.
Connect Your Account to Bank Feed
We can set the account in two ways:
- Direct Connect
- Web Connect
It depends on your bank account which way is available in your bank.
Direct Connect for Downloading Account
- Firstly login to your bank account with the use of bank provided password or pin.
- Now click on banking tab and then bank feed.
- Now select the option of setting up bank feed for account.
- In the name field enter the name of your bank and then select your bank from the list.
- In case you are enrolling for first time then you have to choose enrollment site link.
- Once your enrollment is done then click on continue.
- Now login in online banking by entering your bank user ID and Password.
- Now click on Connect button in order to connect your QuickBooks to your bank server.
- Once the connection page opens search for the bank account from the list and select it in order to connect to your QuickBooks.
- Then hit the finish button as the your QuickBooks connected to your bank account successfully.
Web Connect for Downloading Transaction
- Internet web connect (.qbo) Files: .QBO (web connect) are the files of online banking transaction from your bank website which helps in getting the transaction online from the bank. Once the file is downloaded to your system then you have to import it so that it is available in your bank feed. Steps to be performed if your bank allow web connect.
- Select bank feeds from the banking options and then click on import web connect files from bank feeds.
- The select the .QBO file that you saved earlier in order to open the file.
- Select one prompted from the two:
- Use QuickBooks Account if it is Already Exists: choose this if your account is already set up in QuickBooks.
- Create New QuickBooks Account: Choose this if your account is not set up in QuickBooks, you are creating new account.
- Then select continue.
- Now dialog box appears on your screen that the data is successfully read into QuickBooks. Hit OK button in this case.
- Now you can go on bank feed center in order to view your transaction.
How to Setup Bank Account in QuickBooks Online
Online banking saves time and chances of error as in this there is no need to enter anything manually. Once connection is build between bank and in your QuickBooks the transaction will be downloaded and categorized automatically. Your job is to just approve them.
Following are the steps of connection:
1. Set up for Connecting a Bank or Credit Card Account:
You can connect to any account business as well as personal.
- Open banking page and select transaction from it. And now select bank transaction from it.
- You have to select connect account if this is your first account and if you already created account then select link account.
- Enter the name of your bank account name, credit card or credit union.
- In order if you are not able to search your bank account name, credit card or credit union then you can manually add your bank transaction.
- Once you are done with above steps then you can click on continue.
- Log In to your bank account with your login ID and Password.
- While you are log in there might be some security question asked by your system answer them, it would take few min.
- Click on the account which you want to connect.
- Select the account type option and then choose the type options from the drop down menu. Choose the option which matches your account.
- In case you don’t see right account type in drop down menu then you can select that how far you want to download the transaction.
- Then click on connect in order to connect to the bank.
2. Download Recent Transaction:
QuickBooks have the feature of downloading the transaction, so there is no need of entering transaction manually. You have to refresh the bank feed so that you can download the recent transactions detail.
- Open the Book keeping page and then click on transaction.
- Now select bank transaction from the drop down menu.
- Then select update in order to update the transaction detail.
3. Transaction to be Categorized:
- Once you are done with the downloading of your transaction then click on review and categorize your transaction from the options.
- Once the review and categorize your transaction page open then view properly all the transaction that all are categorize properly or not.
Two methods of Adding Bank in QuickBooks Online
The two methods of adding QuickBooks to QuickBooks online:
1. Direct Feed Connection:
The bank which has the feature of bank feed include in their services that bank can set up for bank feed access. The steps to be followed are:
- Open the banking page and click on link account button.
- Now type the name of the bank in the direct feed page opens.
2. Manually Add the Bank Account
In order your bank doesn’t allow the feature of bank feed then you can add manually. Steps to be followed are:
- Open the chart of account in accounting tab and then click on new option.
- Now add the account particulars in the account type.
- Select the bank.
- In name field you can type custom bank name of your account and in the description box you can add description of account.
- In currency field type the currency which is given by bank to you.
- Balance section shows the opening balance of your account.
Adding of New Account to Chart of Accounts
- Open the setting page by clicking on setting tab.
- From the setting window click on the Chart of Accounts.
- Select new tab from the drop down menu in order to create the new account.
- Select the account type from the account type drop down menu.
- Click on the detail type button and enter all the details of the transaction which fits your best.
- Now you have to enter the name of your account. This name helps you to track the transaction.
- Add all the detail description of your account.
- If you are creating sub account of the parent account then you have to click on the sub account option and enter all the details on that page.
- Recheck all the details and be sure that all the details matches to your account.
- In last you have to hit the save button in order to save all the changes you have done and click on OK button , then close the window.
How to Setup Bank Account in QuickBooks for Mac
Follow the following steps in order to set up your bank accounts in QuickBooks Mac Version:
- Select the list tab from the top menu bar.
- Now select the chart of accounts option from the drop down menu of list tab.
- In the bottom left of new window click on the “+” plus sign.
- New account bank window opens on the screen.
- Select the bank for the account type and input the name of your bank.
- In the bank no. field enter the account number of your account.
- Click on the online setting in the order to link your bank account with your QuickBooks for downloading transaction of your account.
- Follow all the instruction in order to setup this functioning.
- Now you have to enter the opening balance of your bank statement which you want to be in your QuickBooks.
- Now click on Ok button.
You can customize the chart of accounts by adding or deleting them as per your requirements. You can also edit the account in order to make changes, correct spellings or making up of sub accounts of your account. Following are the steps to be performed:
- Open the chart of accounts from the by clicking on the company tab.
- Click on the + sign in the left bottom of window, it will open new window.
- Now you have to fill the information in the fields as asked.
- Firstly you have to click on the type of account you are creating like bank, expenses, income etc.
- In accounting system field enter the account number if you are using it.
- Now you have to enter the name of account which you will use to identify you account. You can also add description of your account in the description box.
- If you are creating a sub accounts of the account then you have to tick on the box of sub account and then enter all the details of it like name, account number etc.
- Leave the tax line blank as it is for accountant or CPA.
- Click on the OK button.
Editing of Account in QuickBooks Mac
- Click on the company menu and select the chart of accounts.
- Now click on the edit option i.e pencil icon at the bottom left of your window.
- Make all the changes you want to do in your account.
- Once you are done with the all changes click on the OK button.
Deleting of Account in QuickBooks Mac
- Open the company menu.
- Click on the chart of accounts from the drop down menu of company menu.
- Now click on the account you want to delete.
- In top menu bar in click on edit tab.
- Select delete option from the drop down menu of edit tab.
- The message pops out on your window that are you sure you want to delete this account?
- Click on OK button, in order to delete.
In this article, we have included the entire platform in which you can easily set up, edit, delete or create your bank account in the QuickBooks.
We are always around to help you; if you have more questions and query about managing your account in QuickBooks then we are just a call away. Our Dancing Numbers experts will get your queries resolved in no time.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Name the Account Types that You have in Chart of Accounts.
The main account types which are included in chart of accounts are:
Name the Account types that You have in Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks.
The main account types which are included in chart of accounts in QuickBooks are:
How can I Categorize Accounts in QuickBooks?
Open the transaction menu.
From the list click on the transaction option.
Select the business option if the transaction is for business and personal option if the transaction is for personal use.
In the category column you can click on review tab in order to review the category.
Click on the category link in order to change the category if you want.
Once you are done with the changes then click on save button in order to save the changes.
What are the Golden Rules of Accounts?
There are three golden rules of the account that are:
Debit is the receiver and credit is the giver.
Debit what comes in and credit what goes out.
Debits are the expenses and losses and the credits are income and gains.
How can I Organize Chart in Accounts?
In order to organize the chart in account, you have to follow the following steps:
First you have to create account and categories relevant to your business.
Then enter the four digit numbers of your account that you have created.
Name the Type of Accounts?
There are three types of accounts in accounting: