While using QuickBooks, many users experience a number of mistakes, due to which there could be delays in their work. Bank-related transactions are one of them. This type of error is also known as QuickBooks Bank Error 324. According to the notice from QuickBooks in Error 324, QuickBooks Self-Employed is unable to open the account(s) while the user is logged into bank’s website.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
We all know that paying payments is a challenging task. In order to make payments simple, Users of QuickBooks must connect to their bank accounts to QuickBooks. You must configure your bank account or credit card in this application so that you can control the transactions. Sometimes, due to QuickBooks banking error 324, you are not able to complete your transactions.
Users of QuickBooks Self-employed frequently experience issues with updating bank feeds and connecting to their banks. When QuickBooks is unable to locate your account on your banking website, error 324 may appear. There may be a number of causes for this. You may learn the causes of various errors in QuickBooks Self-Employed operations as well as troubleshooting techniques for an immediate cure. For comprehensive detail information, you have to read the complete article.
Causes of Banking Error 324
Below is the list of all the possible reasons that causes QuickBooks Self-employed Banking error 324:
- The downloaded file of QuickBooks is corrupted.
- The QuickBooks file is not installed properly.
- Due to the change in the QuickBooks related software, the corruption may occur in the registry of the windows.
- Malware and the viruses attack which may corrupted Windows System files or another QuickBooks related program.
- The files related to QuickBooks is deleted accidentally.
- Your account is moved to different server by the bank or credit card company.
- The data is changed by you on your bank or credit company website.
- The new account was issued by your bank.
- You shut down your bank account or credit card account mistakenly.
- The name of your bank is changed by you.
- Bank has changed your account number or your CC number.
Symptoms of Banking Error Code 324 in QuickBooks Self-Employed
Following are the Symptoms which you face when the QuickBooks Error Code 324 occurs:
- When the error arises, error 99001 will appear on screen.
- The active window of your system is crashed repeatedly.
- The error 324 frequently displayed on your screen.
- The message will automatically pop up on your screen that is: Banking Error 324 QuickBooks.
- The system starts freezing for few seconds to minutes when the error arises.
Troubleshooting of Banking Error Code 324 in QuickBooks Self-Employed
The tips of troubleshooting for the QuickBooks self-employed Banking Error code 324 are:
Repairing of the Registry Entries
Following are the steps which are to be followed for the repairing of the registry entries:
- Hit the start button or the window button.
- In the search box, type command and hit the enter button.
- Press the ctrl-shift button together on the keyboard and then hit on the enter button.
- The permission dialogue box will open on your screen in front of you, and then hit the yes button in order to allow it.
- Type Regedit in the search engine and hit the enter button.
- The registry editor will open in front of you.
- Search and select for the error 324 from the list and take backup of it.
- Hit the export button from the file menu.
- Export window will open in front of you, so select the folder in which you want to save your backup file.
- Type the suitable name of the backup file by which you can easily find it earlier.
- As you type the name, the export range box will open in front of you.
- You have to select branch from the export range list.
- Once above steps are executed, hit the save button to save the file and the changes which you have done.
- The file must be saved with the .reg file extension.
Malware Scanning of the System
You should conduct a full malware scan of your system; so that your system will be virus free. To do this, you can follow the following steps:
- One of the reasons for the error code 324 is the malware or virus attack on your system.
- Run and scan your system, so that the system can be free from malware or virus attack.
- In this process, all the corrupted, virus infected, duplicate file will be deleted automatically.
Cleaning of the System Junk File
The steps which are to be followed for the cleaning of system junk file are:
- Hit the window button on keyboard or the start button.
- In the search box, type command and then hit the enter button.
- Press ctrl and shift button together and then hit the enter button.
- Hit the yes button in the permission dialogue box.
- Type Cleanmgr in the search engine and then hit the enter button.
- Tick the boxes of the categories which you want to clean up in the disk cleanup dialogue box.
- After doing above steps, hit the OK button to confirm, exit and save all the changes.
You should always update all the drivers of your PC so that you can fix the issue easily.
Windows System Restore
Below are a few points which are to be followed in utilizing the windows system restore to undo the system changes which are occurred recently:
- Select the start button or hit the window button on the keyboard.
- In the search box, you have to write system restore and then hit enter for it.
- Select the system restore button.
- Enter the password of the administrative in your system.
- Now, you have to follow the online instructions in order to restore the point.
- Once above steps are executed, your system will undo all the changes made earlier.
QuickBooks Install and Uninstall
Sometimes, the QuickBooks is not installed properly due to which the error occurs, so in that case, you should uninstall QuickBooks and then install it again. For this process of uninstalling and installing the QuickBooks, follow the below points:
- Click on the start button and type control panel in it.
- Click on the programs and features in the control panel.
- In program and features, search for the program in name column which is associated with the error 324.
- On the top menu of the system, hit the uninstall button.
- Once the process of uninstalling is done then you can reinstall QuickBooks again.
Windows File Checker
The steps for the windows file checker are:
- Select the start button.
- Type command in the search box in the start window.
- Press ctrl plus shift together on the keyboard.
- Hit the enter button once you press the button together.
- The permission dialogue box will appear in front of you, hit the yes button for it.
- Now, type “SFC/scannow” in the search engine.
- Hit the enter button in order to run button.
Following are the tips for the installing of all windows update:
- Click on the start button or hit the window key on the keyboard.
- In the search box, type update.
- If the update is available, you have to download it.
Manually Update and Account Check
In case of self employed, the steps which are to be followed for the update and the account check are:
- First, login to your QuickBooks self-employed account with your log in id and password.
- Navigate to the bank accounts and click on the profile icon.
- Hit the refresh button.
- Now, navigate to the transaction menu and see if the error still exists.
- On the top of the screen, hit the check connection link and then follow the online steps.
Adding of New account
There are a few steps which are to be followed if the account information of your bank is changed. For this process, QuickBooks needs to verify all the credential which is required to sign in into your account:
- In the left side of the panel hit the banking tab.
- From the drop-down menu of the banking, click on the Add account option.
- From the list of banks, select the name of your bank.
- Hit the continue button and then finish the security check.
- Now, navigate and select the continue button.
- Choose for the securely connect option and then from the bank account, hit the bank system.
- Navigate to account type and from the drop-down menu, click on the credit card account or the bank account.
- In order to add new account, click on the Add new button.
- Hit the connect button.
- Now, wait for some time until the QuickBooks Download the Transaction.
- Once you are done with the downloading process, you can go back and view all the transaction of your bank or the credit card.
Delete the Account Added Twice
The steps to disconnect and delete the duplicate account are:
Duplicate Account Disconnects
- From the left side of panel, click on the banking tab.
- From the drop-down menu of banking, click on the edit option.
- Tick the option that is Disconnect the account which is saved under the account window.
- Hit the save button to save the changes and close button to exit from the window.
Duplicate Account Delete
- Navigate to the gear icon and click on it.
- As company page will open in front of you, select Chart of Accounts option from it.
- Now, search for the account which you want to delete.
- Navigate to the action button and click on it.
- Select delete option from the drop-down menu of action.
- Once you deleted, the system will ask you for the confirmation then hit the yes button to confirm for delete.
- Hit the exit button.
We hope that the information in the aforementioned post will assist you in fixing QuickBooks Self Employed banking error 324. If the problem still persists, connect with Dancing Numbers experts team, and they will assist you in fixing it. You may quickly connect QuickBooks to your bank account once the problem has been rectified and the error has been removed.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How can I Correct the Bank Deposits Error in QuickBooks?
The procedural steps for the correction of the bank deposits error in QuickBooks are:
• Navigate to the new icon.
• Select the bank deposits.
• From the received drop-down option, click on the name of the receiver.
• Now, go to the account box and choose the owner’s equity.
• Now, complete all the fields like method of the payment, amount etc.
• Hit the save button in order to save all the changes which you are done.
• At last, select the close button to exit from the windows.
How can I Fix Bank Connection in QuickBooks?
The steps of fixing bank connection in QuickBooks are:
• First, You have to log in to your account with your log in ID and password.
• Navigate to the bookkeeping and then transaction.
• From the list of options of transaction, select bank transaction.
• Hit the update button.
• Once you are done with this, check if the issue is resolved or not.
• In case, issue is not resolved then looks for the banner in banking page.
• Check for the connections if it is connected or not. If not then connect it.
How can I Reconnect my Bank Account with QuickBooks?
Points need to be followed for the connection of bank account in QuickBooks as follows:
• Open the banking page.
• Now, select the connect account or add account button.
• Now, from the list of Account, search for your bank and then select it once you have located it.
• Then with the help of login id and password sign in to your bank website.
• Select the account which you want to connect.
• From the account type, select the appropriate account which is linked to your account.
• Choose the range of date.
• Once done with all steps then click on the connect button for the securely connection of your bank to QuickBooks.