This error arises when the data file is being damaged for some reason or the other. The possible outcome of this issue is the Payroll schedule in QuickBooks where the employees are destined to appear. Here we will discuss about how to fix Employee Not Showing in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Before moving ahead, let us assume that a payroll timetable has been generated already and the particular employee who is found missing is already registered as an employee in the accounting software QuickBooks software.
In this article, we will guide you in a step-by-step format on how to fix this common issue. Kindly make sure that you follow the steps in the given format to find out the real cause of the issue so that you can manually solve this problem later on as a general practice.
What are the Possible Causes of Employee Detail Disappears in QuickBooks Payroll?
The error employee not showing up in QuickBooks Desktop payroll causes a lot of problems for businesses. It hinders business growth. Hence, it is imperative to determine the cause of this error.
Here is the list of all the possible reasons why Employee is missing from your particular QuickBooks Desktop Payroll:
- Employee not added to the payroll
- Employee is not set as active
- Employee is struck as inactive
- The employee is not linked with the right payroll schedule
- The employee is strucked as inactive
- The employee has a particular release date
How to Fix the Error QuickBooks Error Employee Not Show Up
Here are the steps to fix the error Employee is not showing up in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll:
1. Add the Employee to a Payroll Timetable
Step 1: Navigate to the top menu bar, Select Employees, Click it, and then press Employee Centre.
Step 2: Press two times on the particular employee who is found missing.
Step 3: Navigate to the Change Tabs and select the drop-down arrow and press Employee Info.
Step 4: Now press the Employee Info tab again and move to the Employee Data. Check if you have added a release date.
Step 5: Set out the particular release data.
2. Review if the Particular Employee is Struck as Inactive
Step 1: Navigate to the top menu area and press Employees and then click the Employee Centre.
Step 2: You will notice a list on the left side regarding the employees. Select View and then click All Employees.
Step 3: Check if the particular employee has the X mark on the left-hand side of the employee’s name. If the X mark is there, it means that the employee is not active.
3. Finding out if the Particular Employee is Marked as an Owner
Step 1: Navigate to the top menu area, Press Employees, and then click Employees Centre.
Step 2: Press consecutive two times on the particular employee who is missing.
Step 3: Move to the Change tabs, and press the drop-down arrow, and press Employee Info.
Step 4: Finally, Click on the Employee Info tab again and move to the Employee Date. Initially, there was a drop-down arrow called Type. Press it and see if the Owner was chosen or not.
We hope that all the stated scenarios and solutions will help you to fix the employee not showing up in the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll error.
Fix a Missing Employee in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
The absence of one or more employees from QuickBooks Desktop Payroll may be noticed if:
- Access the Employee Center: The employee center can be accessed. If the worker’s status is set to inactive, it occurs.
- Run a Scheduled or Unscheduled Payroll: Run a planned or unscheduled payroll. It happens in case the employee is not linked with the correct payroll schedule or has a release date or has an ending.
To fix these issue, you have to try the below steps:
In the Employee Center Employee is Missing
- First you have to go to Employees and then you have to go to Employee Center.
- Select All Employees on the dropdown that is above your employees names.
- Then you have to search the employee that is missing, then you have to clear the ‘x’ mark that is on its left side.
- Now you have to select Active Employees from the dropdown menu that is above your employees names again.
When Running Scheduled or Unscheduled Payroll Employee is Missing
This happens when you run payroll, there are basically 2 scenarios in which the employee is missing.
Scenario 1: Employee is Missing on Scheduled Payroll
In case the employee isn’t associated with the right payroll schedule then this happens.
- Begin by going to Employees, then you have to go to the Employee Center.
- Then you have to double click your employee’s name
- Now you have to select Payroll Info.
- Select the right payroll schedule from the Payroll schedule dropdown.
- When done you have to select Ok.
- Then again you have to run your scheduled payroll and then recheck that the missing employee is already showing up.
Scenario 2: Employee is Missing Both in Unscheduled Payroll and in Scheduled
- Start by going to Employees, then you have to select the Employee Center.
- Now you have to click twice on the employee’s name.
- Then you have to select the Employment Information.
- After that, you have to clear the Employment Release Date field.
- Again run your payroll and check that the missing employee is already showing up.
It is highly requested to follow the steps given above in the given order. However, for those who are a bit afraid to handle this problem or implement this solution on their own, they can hire an expert to solve this QuickBooks problem.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Why am I Receiving an Error Code Employee is not Displaying in QuickBooks?
There are many users come across when they have to face Employee is not displaying in Payroll error in QuickBooks.
It seems that when the employee has not been added to the payroll or in case they are marked inactive, the particular employee is set as the owner or he is not linked with the right payroll timetable.
How to solve the Employee not Showing up an Error if it Takes Place in the Absence of Tagging with the Actual Payroll Schedule?
In order to fix this, you need to find the employees and then press on the particular Employee Center. Select on Edit Employee info screen and click twice on the given name. Once it is completed, get the payment info and select any right payroll timetable that is given in the payroll schedule drop-down. Implement the changes by selecting the OK button and click it.
Can you Add a Particular Employee to any Payroll Schedule in the QuickBooks Accounting Software?
Yes you can. You have to search and find out the particular Employee in the menu bar and then click the Employee Center. Press twice on the particular employee in order to add the employee. Click on the change tabs drop-own arrow. Select the Payroll and compensation info. Locate the drop-down arrow, click the payroll schedule, and find the right schedule. Finally, press the OK button.
What are the Problems that are Displayed if you Run the Payroll and no Employee Appears?
In case you run the Payroll and then no employee appears, it points to any one of the four problems below:
The Employing not Appearing has a Release Date.
The Employee in the Payroll is Fixed as an Owner.
The Employee was not Included in the Payroll.
The Employee has not Been Marked as Active.