To make the handling of payroll in an organization easier, the authorities schedule the same to ensure they don’t have to work on each and every employee’s payment processing every month individually. The things are set up accordingly in whichever accounting software the entity uses.
In fact, with QuickBooks, things are much easier.
What is Scheduling Payroll in QuickBooks?
By scheduling payroll, the organizations make sure the details about the monthly payment of employees are well maintained and the executives handling the payment process do not have to face any hassle while preparing the payment details every month. The details are set beforehand for every month and hence, the processing of the payment, including the deductions and contributions applicable, is done smoothly.
Why do You Need to Delete the Scheduled Payroll?
Though the payroll is scheduled to make things easier to be handled by those taking care of the payroll processes, there are employees who do not stay with the company forever, right? It becomes important to delete the scheduled payroll in QuickBooks for the employees who are inactive.
Steps to Delete a Scheduled Payroll in QuickBooks
Follow the mention steps to delete a scheduled payroll in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Removing the Schedule for all Associated Employees
- At the top of the menu bar, click on Employees
- Click on Employee Center
- Find the concerned employee’s name
- Double-click it
- Choose the Payroll Info tab
- Check the Payroll Schedule section to confirm it’s the same schedule that you would like to delete
- If it’s the same, press the cursor and highlight to select it
- Press backspace and remove it
- If you want to select the Payroll Schedule for other employees, you can do that too
- Repeat the same steps for other employees
Step 2: Deleting the Payroll Schedule
- Go to the Employees menu
- Choose Payroll Center
- Click on the Pay Employees tab
- Check the Create Paychecks table
- Choose the Payroll Schedule that you wish to delete
- Click on the drop-down for Payroll Schedules
- Select Delete Schedule
- Click on OK
The scheduled payroll in QuickBooks will be successfully deleted once you finish the steps.
I hope the above-mentioned steps are quite easy to follow. You can do it yourself. However, if it’s your first time, it is likely for you to get stuck at any stage while following the instructions. In such a scenario, you can count on our QuickBooks experts available. They are there to help you instantly no matter which hour of the day you call them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why keep the Payroll Scheduled in QuickBooks?
This is done to make sure you don’t have to work on the same thing every time you process the payments for your employees.
When do you need to Delete the Payroll Schedule?
This is done to remove the payroll schedules for the inactive employees who are no more associated with the organization.