An issue in the payroll schedule, wrong admittance of dates when creating paychecks, or running a payroll that is unplanned are the three key reasons for QuickBooks Scheduled Payroll Dates Wrong. In case you are an employee who is paying the workers with checks, then it is imperative for you to check such points prior to printing the paychecks to escape from this issue and unwanted additional fees to reprint the checks.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
If by mistake you have printed the paychecks accidentally with the wrong pay period, then you must avoid creating the paychecks again that will include an extra fee for adjustment or a payroll fee that is backdated.
Now let us understand the different payroll schedules in QuickBooks Online.
How to Fix Incorrectly Scheduled Payroll Dates in QuickBooks?
How to Edit a Memo on Paychecks Which are Sent Already:
- On the QuickBooks Desktop dashboard, press the option Edit/Void Paychecks in the Employees section.
- Search for Paychecks with wrong pay period dates. Now press double click and they will open.
- Now type the right pay period dates manually in the given memo field.
- Press Save and Close.
- Press Yes and save the changes.
- Employ the same steps for other paychecks that have issues.
How to Change the Pay Period Dates on those Paychecks which have not been sent:
- Open QuickBooks and press Employees.
- Press the option, Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Press twice on the Paychecks with errors in order to open and then press Paycheck Details.
- On the section for Pay Period section, which is present on the top right side, edit the dates.
- Press OK and then Save and Close.
- Press Yes and save the changes.
- You need to implement the same steps for the other checks and once you edit the checks, you need to send the Payroll data to Intuit.
How to Edit Paychecks with Incorrect Pay Dates?
- Press the Employees tab present on the QuickBooks Desktop dashboard.
- Press Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Press twice on the paychecks with the wrong dates to open.
- Press Paycheck Details present on the right side of the screen, under Paycheck Summary.
- From the section for Pay Period, Edit the dates.
- Press OK and then click Save and Close.
- Press Yes in order to save the changes.
- You need to implement the same steps for other paychecks too if you wish to edit them.
What is the Process of QuickBooks Online Change Payroll Date?
The paycheck date can be edited or changed based on the payroll state. Below, we will talk about the two different situations, to enable you to implement the steps accordingly.
Situation 1: When the Paychecks are not Submitted
If the paychecks are not submitted yet, it is possible to change the date from the particular Preview Payroll page. Ensure that the right date is submitted.
The steps mentioned below will assist you to comprehend better.
- First, you need to sign in to your particular account.
- Now navigate back to the page for Preview Payroll
- Press the Back button.
- On the top of the window, you will be able to change the paycheck date.
- Ensure that you select the option, Preview Payroll to complete the check.
- Once completed, Press the button for Submit.
Situation 2: When the Paychecks have been Submitted
If the payroll has been sent already prior to its date and time, then you can just delete it. Once done, it is possible to recreate the paycheck in your particular account with the right date.
- Navigate to the Homepage.
- In the activities section, Select the View Paycheck List
- Now, you need to select the checkbox for every paycheck that you wish to delete.
- Now two buttons will be visible below the paycheck. The buttons are Print and Delete. These buttons will appear when you choose one check or more than one check.
- Post that, you need to navigate down to the end and select the Delete button.
- If you are exporting to QuickBooks, ensure that you eliminate the check from the register of QuickBooks. All that needs to be done is press right-click on the check and select the option, Delete Check.
After all the steps are complete, It is possible to prepare the paycheck once again.
How to Edit Payroll Date in Your QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll users can seamlessly edit the paycheck date, but, it is based on the condition of your payroll. In case the payroll is not been sent yet, it is possible to recreate the paycheck and type in the right date. However, if you have prepared the paycheck but it is not submitted yet, it will be of great advantage if the check is voided.
Let us learn how to edit scheduled payroll dates in QuickBooks.
Situation 1: When the Paycheck is being Prepared.
If you preparing the paycheck and the payroll has not been sent yet, it is possible to navigate to the Review and Create Paycheck page. Next, you need to change the paycheck date with the help of the steps given below:
- In order to edit the paycheck, navigate to the Review and Create Paycheck window. In case your paycheck is being created still, then press on the option, Back.
- Post that, you can navigate to the Enter Payroll Information section. Now edit the Paycheck date are you desire.
Situation 2: When the Paycheck is Prepared but not Submitted
In case you have prepared the paycheck already but have not submitted it yet, then just void the check. This will create a new paycheck and include the right date.
- Navigate to the section for Employees in the menu.
- Press on the option Edit/Void Paycheck.
- Now, you can include the date range in order to find the paycheck.
- Post that, Select the paycheck to edit it.
- Now, you can delete the paycheck to make a new one in case it was prepared already, but not submitted.
if you want you can void and recreate paychecks but this will incur additional charges and fees, So we hope that after reading this article, you are not aware of the important aspects of QuickBooks Scheduled Payroll Dates Wrong. If you are not able to fix the issue then connect with Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.