QuickBooks Error 15212 is an error that appears when any users attempt to upgrade the payroll system or the QuickBooks. Because of this particular error, incomplete or incorrect installation of updates takes place that subsequently gives rise to additional issues in the software functioning.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Usually, Intuit offers regular updates of the Payroll software along with QuickBooks, in a bid to facilitate the users and help them with the errors experienced with the software. Not to mention, sometimes these updates have extra or crucial applications and characteristics, which augment the software experience upon integration.
The troubleshooting steps for this particular error 15212 of QuickBooks include upgrading the application, doing a proper installation, downloading all the updates in a safe mode, etc.
About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212
|Error Code: Error 15212
|Developer: Intuit Inc.
|Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
|Error Description: The payroll update didn’t complete successfully. Please try again. You should download the updates by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates Window.
|Possible Solution: Download the update, Right installation of QuickBooks in the particular Selective Startup mode, Download the update in the Safe Mode
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15212?
Here are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 15212:
- While attempting to download the payroll along with the latest updates of the QuickBooks software, a QuickBooks error 15212 message gets displayed on the screen.
- In case you could not do any activity that requires internet connectivity to run it without issue.
- When you attempt to go to the official site of Intuit, you receive an internet error.
- When alterations are being made to your QuickBooks Data, However, the new changes are not getting saved.
Cause Behind QuickBooks Error 15212 When Update QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Error 15212 can occur due to the following Reasons:
- When the particular shared download is turned off and the particular data file is accessed from a different location.
- If the download updates or shared location is mapped to a presently unavailable drive.
- When the particular hard disk does not have the needed diskspace.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15212 When Update QuickBooks Payroll
Here are the troubleshooting steps to solve the QuickBooks update error 15212:
Troubleshooting 1: Download the Update
If for any reason, the user is not working on the current QuickBooks Desktop version, there is a way to fix it. Here are the steps that you need to follow in such a scenario.
- Ensure that Download and installed latest version QuickBooks Updates
- Press on Help tab and then click Update QuickBooks option.
- Now, Press on the Options tab.
- Press No for the Shared Download.
- Then click on Save and then press Close.
- Now, You need to download the update once again.
- Follow the below mention two resolutions in case issue is still alive:
- Download updates in safe mood
- Completely uninstall the software and reinstall it.
Troubleshooting 2: Right Installation of QuickBooks in the Particular Selective Startup Mode
Often the installation errors in a computer system give rise to QuickBooks Update Error 15212. Such errors can be fixed by installing the QuickBooks in a Selective Startup mode. Please complete one step after another as given below:
- Prepare a Backup of Your Company File
- Take a note of the QuickBooks License and Product details
- Click Window + R and the particular Run screen will appear
- Enter msconfig and then click OK
- Choose Selective Startup and Load System Services displayed in the General tab
- Now choose Hide all Microsoft services from the particular Services tab
- Select Disable all
- Now select Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and untick it
- Review the Windows Installer checkbox and in case it is not selected, press OK
- Now start your system again
- Now Uninstall QuickBooks from your particular system. Use the particular Clean Install Tool
- Install QuickBooks again
- Click on Run screen, and enter msconfig and click OK
- Choose Normal Startup seen in the General tab
- Press OK and start your system again
Troubleshooting 3: Download the Update in the Safe Mode
- Press on the Windows button
- Press the Shift key, Press on the Power icon, Choose Restart and click it
- A blue window will show. Select Troubleshoot. Now click the particular Advanced options
- After pressing Startup Settings, start again. The system will turn off. It will turn on again.
- Now choose the option Enable Safe Mode with Networking
- If needed, Sign-in. Press on the power icon that is present on the sign-in page
- Now click on the particular QuickBooks icon, and choose Run as Administrator
- In the particular, No Company open option, press on the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Press on the Options tab, Choose Mark All, and then click Save
- Navigate to the Update Now option and click Reset Update Checkbox
- Choose Get Updates and then click Close QuickBooks
- Now, Restart the particular system
The techniques stated above will solve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212. It will surely provide you with the right fix.
However, if something is disturbing you and you require help to deal with it, a professional team of QuickBooks experts is the best option for you. We are always available for you to help you deal with all the problems and issues related to QuickBooks and help you to keep your business functional without any issues.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
What are the Error Messages that are Displayed on the Computer System?
Typically, Three types of error messages are displayed on the window:
The QuickBooks update is not finished successfully
The payroll update is not finished successfully. Try again. You must download the update successfully within the deadline, shown in the Get Updates screen
The payroll update is not finished properly
What to make Sure of Before Solving the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15212?
It is important to follow these things:
You must have an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks Desktop
Your Internet security lacks restrictive settings