QuickBooks users frequently run across error 15215 when updating to the latest version of the program or downloading payroll updates. It commonly happens during maintenance releases or payroll changes. The user may only have restricted access after receiving this error, or the server error message may cease to be received. This blog post contains all the information you need to know about QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15215, including its causes, symptoms, and fixes.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
It’s one of the most encountered error codes, which many users experience while upgrading the QuickBooks to the recent edition. This error is generally observed at the time of payroll and/or maintenance release. Excessive consumption of bandwidth, firewall setup break-off are a few of the prevalent reasons behind this error.
|Server Not Responding
|Problem Error 15215: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.
|Unable to verify the digital signature.
You might also see: QuickBooks Unable to Locate PDF Viewer – How to Fix it?
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 15215 Means?
The QuickBooks update error code 15215 appears while payroll updates are being downloaded. Any kind of conflict with another application that is operating in the system during the payroll upgrade process is the reason it happens. This error may be the result of a program or software that is consuming too much bandwidth in the background. Additionally, if the firewall configuration prevents the software from connecting to the server, this error will also occur.
A few of the ways that display the error on the user screen are as follows:
|Error Code: 15215
|Error Name: QuickBooks Pro Error 15215
|Description: Unable to verify digital signature / Incorrect Configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer
|Developer: Intuit Inc.
|Applies to: Windows XP, Vista 7, 8, 10
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15215
It is possible that Error Code 15215 in QuickBooks Payroll is caused by one or more of the following reasons:
- After knowing the solutions let’s have a quick understanding of the main reasons behind this error code 15215 are mentioned below:
- Inaccurate setup or damaged Download of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The invalid configuration of Microsoft IE.
- The Window is virus or malware-infected.
- If any file being downloaded at the time of the update process is unable to confirm.
- If QuickBooks Installation is not complete or inappropriate.
Various Signs and Symptoms that come along with QuickBooks Error 15215
View the symptoms listed below that users may experience when their system encounters error code 15215.
- The Windows application that is now running may crash if this error occurs.
- An error message “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature” will appear on the screen.
- While in use, the computer can start to freeze.
- It’s possible for Windows, its apps, and peripherals like the mouse and keyboard to start acting sluggish.
- Error 15215 corrupts the desktop when the same program is running.
Points to Remember
- The instructions listed above are provided with the assumption that the system is operating normally. If users are able to identify the objects they want to get rid of for good, they can visit the official Microsoft website to learn how to clean and boot Windows.
- If the user removes the startup items and is able to download the update properly, it suggests that there may be a conflict between the programs and the QuickBooks payroll update download.
You May Read Also: Repair QuickBooks Error 80070057 “The Parameter is incorrect”
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15215 [When Downloading Payroll Updates]
Above we have explicated the reasons and indications of update error code 15215. Let’s find the solutions now:
Solution 1: Sign in as a System Administrator
To overcome this error, users should log in as administrators in their systems. The steps are as follows:
- Before you proceed, you need to ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Right-click on the QB Desktop icon > choose Run as Administrator.
- Now Choose Yes to allow this program to make changes to your computer.
Solution 2: Manual Update Installation
- Firstly, Go to the Update QuickBooks Option and check if the product is chosen.
- Now hit on the change tab, choose the QB Product, opt for the update option & Select the Location where you wish to save the file.
- Choose the Save option and search for the Downloaded File.
- Hit on the Install the Update tab twice and Restart the Windows.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks to see whether the latest update is downloaded.
Related Article: How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271?
Solution 3: Check the TLS 1.0 Settings Verification
- Firstly, turn off all the QuickBooks windows and thereafter start the Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools , choose the Internet Options, thereafter Advanced Tap and then click on Advanced Settings.
- Now search Use TLS 1.0, Use 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Keep checkbox prior using the TLS 1.0 checked and uncheck the remaining ones.
- After that, Hit OK and Reboot the computer.
And lastly, confirm if any updates show post the system restarts and if such happens you need to download the update again.
Solution 4: Choose Selective Startup to Reboot Windows Operating System
- Firstly, Turn off the QuickBooks Desktop and open run windows.
- For Windows XP: Hit on start and run icon.
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Hit on start tab and all program tab. Also hit on accessories followed by and run tab.
- For Windows 8 and 10: You are required to hold the windows + R keys.
- After that, open Run Window (Windows+R keys) and you need to write msconfig followed by clicking OK.
- Enable the configuration window to open and select Selective Startup and uncheck all the boxes prior to Load Startup.
- After that hit on Save and then press OK.
- Now you are required to reboot the system.
- Now, click on QB Desktop icon to download the current tax table by following the previous steps till msconfig.
- Verify the Normal Startup box and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 5: Restart the System
The first and foremost thing you can perform to deal with such errors is to restart the system.
But, if the method is not successful to get rid of the issue, and you are still getting the QuickBooks error code 15215 stop all the programs which are running in the background.
Solution 6: Check the Firewall Status
Sometimes, the system firewall obstructs QuickBooks to access the server. So, It needs to be configured to fix the issue.
- Go to the Control Panel from the start menu > System Security > Opt for the Windows Firewall > Choose the view to Large or Small Icons and after that choose Windows Firewall.
- Now go to the Advanced Settings and thereafter to Inbound rules in left side of the screen
- Right-click the Inbound Rules > Hit New Rule Option > Choose port from the Rule Type Section.
- Hit on Specific Local Ports and hit on Next option and thereafter select Allow the connection > Select the Network Type.
- Checkmark all the listed options in the displayed before hitting the Next option.
These methods are recommended by our experts to correct QuickBooks payroll error 15215. They are among the most dependable ways to fix this issue. If the error persists despite performing these methods and users are not able to fix it, they can contact our Dancing Numbers team immediately, and we will be glad to provide a re-paid and accurate solution.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does QuickBooks Error 15215 Appear?
Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks Payroll or malware-infected Windows system is the major reason because of which QuickBooks error 15215 comes. At times, when a user tries to update the recent releases of QuickBooks payroll and is not able to open it, this error might come up.
What does QuickBooks Error 15215 Define?
The QuickBooks Error 15215 comes up when the applications conflict with another application in the background while Downloading the Payroll Update. It might be stopping the user from further processing & not accepting the digital signature.
How would I correct the QuickBooks Error 15215?
You can rectify the QuickBooks Error 15215 in four different ways restarting the system, confirming and verifying the utilization of TLS 1.0, and restarting the Window in the selective start-up.
Does an Update of the QuickBooks Tax Table is required to Fix the QuickBooks Error 15215?
Yes, You can try to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15215 by updating the Tax table. At times, When the tax table is not updated, It starts creating an issue in the QuickBooks account.
How to Start Your System in Selective Startup to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215?
Firstly, Turn off the QuickBooks software if it is running
Secondly, Open the Run window
After that, Type the MSConfig and hit the Enter key
Post that, The window opens up named System Configuration Utility
Here in this step, Choose the Selective Startup & clear the checkbox named Load Startup Item
After that, Hit on the OK button and reboot the system.
What are the steps for dynamic port numbers while resolving QuickBooks Error 15215?
Firstly, Navigate to the Start menu
Secondly, Find the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” hit the Enter key to open it
After that, Hit on the Port Monitor tab
Post that search for the QuickBooks version
And lastly, Take this note of the Port Number then you can use firewall port exceptions.