In this module, we will learn how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215 that entails while downloading payroll updates:
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Error 15215: Unable to verify the digital signature.
It’s one of the most encountered error codes, which many users experience while upgrading the QuickBooks to the recent edition. This error is generally observed at the time of payroll and/or maintenance release. Excessive consumption of bandwidth, firewall setup break-off are a few of the prevalent reasons behind this error.
A few of the ways that display the error on the user screen are as follows:
|Error Code: 15215|
|Error Name: QuickBooks Pro Error 15215|
|Description: Unable to verify digital signature / Incorrect Configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer|
|Developer: Intuit Inc.|
|Applies to: Windows XP, Vista 7, 8, 10|
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error code 15215?
- After knowing the solutions let’s have a quick understanding of the main reasons behind this error code 15215 are mentioned below:
- Inaccurate setup or damaged download of QuickBooks desktop.
- The invalid configuration of Microsoft IE.
- The Window is virus or malware-infected.
- If any file being downloaded at the time of the update process is unable to confirm.
- If QuickBooks Installation is not complete or inappropriate.
In this article we will also discuss about the indications of QuickBooks error 15215?
- The computer performance goes slothful
- Frequent hang-ups along with no/slow response from peripherals like mouse and keyboard,
- Corrupt Windows and other applications
Solutions to combat this error?
Above we have explicated the reasons and indications of update error code 15215. Let’s find the solutions now:
Solution 1: Restart the system
The first and foremost thing you can perform to deal with such errors is to restart the system.
But, if the method is not successful to get rid of the issue, and you are still getting the QuickBooks error code 15215 stop all the programs which are running in the background.
Solution 2: Manual update installation
- Firstly, go to the update QuickBooks option and check if the product is chosen.
- Now hit on the change tab, choose the QB product, opt for the update option & select the location where you wish to save the file.
- Choose the save option and search for the downloaded file.
- Hit on the install the update tab twice and restart the Windows.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks to see whether the latest update is downloaded.
Solution 3: TLS 1.0 Settings Verification
- Firstly, turn off all the QuickBooks windows and thereafter start the Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools , choose the Internet Options, thereafter Advanced tap and then click on Advanced Settings.
- Now search Use TLS 1.0, Use 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Keep checkbox prior using the TLS 1.0 checked and uncheck the remaining ones.
- After that, hit OK and reboot the computer.
And lastly, confirm if any updates show post the system restarts and if such happens you need to download the update again.
Solution 4: Choose Selective Startup to Reboot Windows Operating System
- Firstly, turn off the QuickBooks Desktop and open run windows.
- For Windows XP: Hit on start and run icon.
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Hit on start tab and all program tab. Also hit on accessories followed by and run tab.
- For Windows 8 and 10: You are required to hold the windows + R keys.
- After that, open Run Window (Windows+R keys) and you need to write msconfig followed by clicking OK.
- Enable the configuration window to open and select Selective Startup and uncheck all the boxes prior to Load Startup.
- After that hit on Save and then press OK.
- Now you are required to reboot the system.
- Now, click on QB Desktop icon to download the current tax table by following the previous steps till msconfig.
- Verify the Normal Startup box and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 5: Sign in as a system administrator
- Before you proceed, you need to ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Right-click on the QB Desktop icon > choose Run as Administrator > Choose Yes to allow this program to make changes to your computer.
Solution 6: Check the firewall status
Sometimes, the system firewall obstructs QuickBooks to access the server. So, it needs to be configured to fix the issue.
- Go to the Control Panel from the start menu > System security > Opt for the Windows Firewall > Choose the view to Large or Small icons and after that choose Windows firewall.
- Now go to the advanced settings and thereafter to Inbound rules in left side of the screen
- Right-click the Inbound rules > Hit New rule option > Choose port from the Rule type section.
- Hit on Specific local ports and hit on Next option and thereafter select Allow the connection > Select the network type.
- Checkmark all the listed options in the displayed before hitting the next option.
Note: Similar steps are required to be followed for outbound rules.
We have written the post to give you the essential information for the QuickBooks Error Code 15215 which consists of its symptoms, reasons, and remedies.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Why does QuickBooks Error 15215 Appear?
Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks Payroll or malware-infected Windows system is the major reason because of which QuickBooks error 15215 comes. At times, when a user tries to update the recent releases of QuickBooks payroll and is not able to open it, this error might come up.
What does QuickBooks Error 15215 Define?
The QuickBooks Error 15215 comes up when the applications conflict with another application in the background while downloading the payroll update. It might be stopping the user from further processing & not accepting the digital signature.
How would I correct the QuickBooks Error 15215?
You can rectify the QuickBooks Error 15215 in four different ways restarting the system, confirming and verifying the utilization of TLS 1.0, and restarting the Window in the selective start-up.
Does an update of the QuickBooks Tax Table is required to fix the QuickBooks error 15215?
Yes, you can try to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15215 by updating the Tax table. At times, when the tax table is not updated, it starts creating an issue in the QuickBooks account.
How to start your system in Selective startup to fix QuickBooks error 15215?
Firstly, turn off the QuickBooks software if it is running
Secondly, open the Run window
After that, type the MSConfig and hit the Enter key
Post that, the window opens up named System Configuration Utility
Here in this step, choose the Selective Startup & clear the checkbox named Load Startup Item
After that, hit on the OK button and reboot the system.
What are the steps for dynamic port numbers while resolving QuickBooks Error 15215?
Firstly, navigate to the Start menu
Secondly, find the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” hit the Enter key to open it
After that, hit on the Port Monitor tab
Post that search for the QuickBooks version
And lastly, take this note of the Port Number then you can use firewall port exceptions.