While shifting the QuickBooks data to a new system, it is quite likely that you will receive the notification error code QuickBooks Migration System Failed Unexpectedly. Many users edit their computers every year. You may experience the same error code while shifting the QuickBooks company files to a new system.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks Migration Tool assists you to copy the company file and then shift the QuickBooks data to a new system.
But we learn how more about the error code QuickBooks Migration Tool Failed Unexpectedly, let us first understand what a QuickBooks Migration tool is.
What is a QuickBooks Migration Tool?
A QuickBooks Migration tool for both Windows and Mac allows you to shift QuickBooks Desktop files to a different PC. With the assistance of the QuickBooks Migration tool, you can copy three company files. However, it is imperative that the PCs are linked to the internet.
Just get QuickBooks Desktop in your new system. Post that, launch the particular QuickBooks app and activate it. You can activate it by entering your product details and the license number. You may receive the QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error while shifting the company files.
You will require a USB flash drive to save the QuickBooks files. It would require not more than 300 MB of space in the external drive. It is not possible to copy these data with the QuickBooks Migration Tool for Windows and Mac, as mentioned below:
- Old Company Files
- Payment and Payroll Setup
- Configuration of the Computer
- Manual Backup Files
- Intuit Data Protect
- Multi-user Setup
Why QuickBooks Migration Fails Unexpectedly?
If you are confused about what has led to the issue in QuickBooks Data Migration, then here they are. Below is the list of the reasons highlighted to comprehend the error better:
- The Windows in use is an outdated one and do not support the QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks Desktop run is interrupted due to damaged settings operating system configuration.
- There can be some other system necessities that are required to be changed to acquire the QuickBooks access.
How to Fix QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error?
You can utilize the QuickBooks Migration tool to get the company files back. You can locate them manually and then copy the QuickBooks company files from the backup file.
Solution 1: Restore the Company Files
Here are is how you can fix the QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error:
- First, the backup file needs to be copied to your system.
- Now, open the particular folder and find the Backup file.
- After that, open the particular folder named Restored Company Name Files.
- Now, press right-click on the particular folder name.
- Now, select the Copy option.
- Now paste the file in the needed location.
- The files that you will require include:
- QuickBooks Letters
- Cash Flow Projector
- QuickBooks Templates
- Printer Setting
- Financial Statement Designer
Solution 2: Shift the Company Files to a Different Computer
Shifting the QuickBooks company files will not impact the product license. Follow the guidelines given below to repair the QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error:
- At first, install the particular QuickBooks Desktop application on your system.
- Prepare a backup for the old computer.
- Now, copy the particular backup for your new system.
- Now launch the particular QuickBooks app on your new system.
- Now restore the specific backup file and then do as per the commands given on-screen.
- Finish the restoration process.
- Now, lastly, the current tax table on your system.
Solution 3: Shift the QuickBooks Data Folder
Shift the entire QuickBooks Data folder if you wish to create a backup file and copy it. Follow the guidelines given below to fix the QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error:
- First, launch the QuickBooks software and then find the Company File.
- Now click the F2 key on your given keyboard and then launch the tab for Product Information.
- Go to the section for File Information.
- Now find the Company File location.
- Now, press the Start icon and open the given File Explorer.
- Now, open the given company file folder.
- Press right-click on the given folder name and select the Copy option.
- Now paste the particular file into the needed location.
Solution 4: Use the Particular Intuit Data Protect
The Intuit Data Protect plan comprises of a backup of the total PC, single file, or the non-QuickBooks files. It depends on the individual Data Protect plans. It will fix the QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error.
Here are the steps to backup the file with Intuit Data Protect.
- First, you need to make a backup file of your particular QuickBooks company file.
- Now, log into the Intuit Data Protect on the new system.
- Navigate to the File tab in the particular QuickBooks app.
- Now choose the particular option for Backup Company from the screen.
- Choose the Setup option. You can also select the Activate Online Backup option.
- Now, choose the QuickBooks company file and then press Continue.
- Press tick in the checkmark box beside Backup Local Selected Documents.
- Now, press the Continue option to make the backup.
- The file comprises the QuickBooks data folders:
- Loan Manager Files
- Network Data Files
- Logos and Images Files
- Business Planner Files
- Cash Flow Projector Files
- Transaction Log Files
The information provided above will help you to fix the QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error with ease when you set up QuickBooks Desktop on your new system. You may experience the error when shifting the backup file due to some problems.
But you do not need to worry. You just need to do as been given in the steps. Or you can also get in touch with our Dancing Numbers team of experts. They have complete knowledge about QuickBooks errors.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Is Upgrading the Company File Needed after QuickBooks Migration to a new Computer?
No. You do not require to upgrade the company file after QuickBooks migration to a new computer. This is because the same QuickBooks version will be installed on your system. Hence, upgrading the company file is not needed.
Will the Company Files be Deleted After the QuickBooks Migration?
No. The company files are not deleted after the QuickBooks migration. If you use the migrator tool, it copies a maximum of 3 files to a new system.