QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 when you attempt to update your payroll tax tables but an error notice shows on your screen unexpectedly, halting the update process. The issue most commonly happens when you are unable to validate your payroll subscription. There are also additional causes in the program that might cause QuickBooks maintenance release problem PS036. The error code causes an active window to crash and stops you from completing an ongoing action. This blog post goes through the problem code in-depth, as well as some troubleshooting tips. Let’s get started!
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Verify QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Download and Install the most recent version of the QuickBooks Desktop program and the Tax Table release.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Payroll Service Account
- Go to the Employee menu option.
- Then click on the My Payroll Services.
- After that, select the Account/Billing Information option.
- You have to provide the correct credentials.
- Then click on the Sign-in button.
- After login, you have to go to the Payroll Account Management Portal to get the payroll-related information.
- Now verify the Employee Identification Number (EIN) that is shown with the company name.
- Also, check that the company name is correct as well.
- Make any required changes by clicking the Edit button next to the Payroll Admin option.
- To save the changes, click Update and then Close.
- Restart your computer and download the updates once again.
- Check the QuickBooks program to see whether your problem has been resolved.
What is the List of Reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
Many reasons are there that cause the QuickBooks error code PS036 into your account. Here is the list of some reasons that help you to identify yours. So have a look at the following reasons:
- Check and verify that your subscription is active on the QuickBooks Payroll account.
- There is more than one Payroll subscription or Payroll agreement active with a Direct Deposit arrangement that is dormant.
- The file Paysub.ini is damaged or corrupted.
- The product or service hasn’t been updated in a long time.
- The service key is wrong.
- In the company file, there is an incorrect or invalid PSID.
- Check the compatibility of the Windows system and the QuickBooks software you are using.
- The payroll subscription has an invalid EIN or number.
What are the Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS036?
Here are the 2 solutions that you have to perform for resolving the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 according to the reason. The solutions are mentioned here with detailed steps:
Solution 1: Paysub.ini Should be Renamed
In the Windows system, the paysub.ini file is the hidden file you have to show this file first and then proceed further. For this, the steps are as follows:
- In the Windows system, Open the File Explorer
- From the above menu, Hit on the option Organize
- After that, select the Folder and Search option
- You have to click on the View option
- You have to click on the option Hidden files and folders
- Then you have to tick mark the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers option
- Hit on Apply button to save all changes
- Click on the OK button to save and close the window
- In the File Explorer, Click on the My Computer or This PC option on the left side
- Then go to the search bar and type Paysub.ini
- Press Enter button to search for it
- Right-click on the Paysub.ini file
- From droop-down options, choose the Rename option
- You have to add the OLD at the end of the file name
- Perform these steps for all the paystub files you found in the system.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop using Clean Install Selective Startup Mode
Select the Selective Startup Mode options in Windows
- The initial step is to proceed to make a backup of your company file on an external storage device and to have your license registration information accessible in case you need to re-register the software.
- To open the Run window.
- Select Windows + R keys together from the keyboard.
- It opens up a window name Run.
- Now, Type MSConfig in the Run window.
- Then press the Enter button.
- In the open up window, click on the General tab.
- After that, select the option Load System Services and Selective Startup.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Select option hide all Microsoft services.
- Choose Disable all option.
- Remove tick mark from option Hide all Microsoft services
- Make sure the windows installer option is selected, then click OK.
- In the end, restart the windows to activate the selective startup mode.
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the text box of run window
- When you press the Enter key, Windows will display a list of all the programs that are currently installed.
- Find and select QuickBooks Desktop
- Select the option Uninstall/Change.
- Select Remove and click Next. (Make sure you are logged in as an administrator to proceed with the uninstallation)
- Restart Windows once QuickBooks is completely removed.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks setup file
- Run the QuickBooks.exe file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation and enter the license registration information when QuickBooks prompts you to do so.
Switch Windows to Normal Startup Mode
- Press Windows + R keys from your keyboard.
- Now type MSConfig.
- Press the Enter button.
- Select the Normal Startup Mode under the General tab.
- Click OK and Restart Windows.
- Try to run the payroll update once again and check if QuickBooks error PS036 is now resolved.
Payroll services are critical for any firm, and it is also critical that you handle and operate with the software correctly. The team is here to help you if you have any problems understanding or using the program. QuickBooks Payroll Assistance is available through a variety of methods, including instant chat support with expert specialists. You can reach the Dancing Numbers team to get your concerns handled as soon as possible.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How Do I Confirm My Payroll Subscription?
First and foremost, ensure that you have the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Also, have the most recent Tax Table on hand.
Then, launch the QuickBooks Desktop program.
Go to the Employees section.
Then click on My Payroll Services.
Select Accounting/Billing information from the drop-down menu.
To access your account, enter your login credentials.
Restart your computer and then download the most recent updates.
What if QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 is caused by an out-of-date tax table?
If the problem PS036 is caused by a payroll tax table that is not being updated, you must address it using the options listed below.
You have the following options for solutions:
Verify your QuickBooks account login information.
You must upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version.
Install the latest Windows update as well.
Also, double-check the Employee Identification Number (EIN).
What Are the Consequences of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
The following are the results:
Sometimes you have to reinstall the program because it has been stuck or is not operating correctly.
While working with the software, Your Windows crashed.
You must spend more than the payroll subscription cost by acquiring it.
Following this mistake, The system and software performance suffered.