QuickBooks experienced an error reading the qbregistration.dat file
In this article, we have the solution to fix error: QuickBooks accounting software has a difficulty in reading this registration file: qbregistration.dat. Continue reading!
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Sometimes users might get an error message “QuickBooks accounting software can have a problem in perusal this registration file: qbregistration.dat”. This error firstly occurs if there is some issue in the User Account Control settings or there is a Norton product installed as well as running along with your QuickBooks. Additionally, the Error “QuickBooks has a problem in studying the file: qbregistration.dat” can also occur when the QuickBooks installation files are corrupted. Do you wonder that how to fix it? In this article we will cover that how a user can get rid of the error by trying our guided steps.
Reasons for QuickBooks qbregistration.dat file Error
- Damaged or corrupted qbregistration.dat file
- MSXML component gets corrupted
- Having some issues with the UAC Setting
- Antivirus or Windows Firewall blocking QuickBooks
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks qbregistration.dat Error or QuickBooks Registration File Error
Here are given three solutions mentioned below that you can try to resolve the problem. For greatest results, it is exceptionally recommended to the user to follow the below-mentioned solutions in the given order only.
Solution 1: Turn On or Off User Account Control
For Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7, do the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, Press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard.
- Then, the Computer window will open.
- Now hit on Open Control Panel.
- Proceed to the drop-down menu and click on View.
- Choose Large icons.
- Hit on User Accounts.
- Now choose change User Account Settings.
- Move the slider:
- Adjust to Never Notify to turn UAC OFF
- Hit on OK
- Now again set to always Notify to turn UAC ON
- One done, hit on OK
- Restart your computer
For Windows Vista, do the following:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- If it is not chosen, hit on the classic view on the left side of the window.
- Then double-click on User Accounts.
- Hit on Turn User Account Control on/off.
- Choose or clear the use of the User Account Control (UAC) to assist preserve your computer.
- Once done, click on OK.
- Then,restart your computer.
Solution 2: Fix the MSXML Component
- Firstly, download and save the msxml.msi file on your desktop.
- Now, press the Windows+R key on your keyboard. The Run window will appear.
- There type exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\Desktop\msxml.msi”.
- Then hit on OK.
- As needed, create or re-create the dat file.
- Lastly, register the MSXML DLL files:
For Windows 10,8, or Vista, user Needs to follow the below-mentioned Steps:
- First, press the Windows key.
- Now, type CMD.
- At this step,do the right-click on the Command prompt and choose run as Administrator.
- After that, write regsvr32 MSXML3.dll.
- Now, press the Enter key.
- On receiving the “DllRegisterServer in msxml3.dll succeeded” message, hit on OK.
- After that, user is required to type the regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and hit on the Enter key.
- On receiving the “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded” message, hit on OK. (In case MSXML4.dll is not listed, user might be required to switch off the User Account Control. And once it’s done, do not forget to turn it on).
- Now, type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit on the Enter key.
- On getting the “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded” message, hit on OK.
- Now user needs to restart your QuickBooks Desktop.
For Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista 64-bit, user needs to perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, hit the Windows key.
- Then, type CMD.
- Now do the right click on the Command Prompt
- Now, choose the run as Administrator.
- Write CD \Windows\syswow64.
- Hit the Enter key
- Now once again type regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
- Now press the enter key.
- Once you receive the “DllRegisterServer in msxml3.dll succeeded” notification, hit on OK option.
- Now write the regsvr32 MSXML4.dll
- Once it’s done,hit the Enter key (However, if MSXML 4.dll fails to register, user might need to turn off the User Account Control. And once it’s completed, do not forget to turn it on).
- User is needed to write down regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press the enter key.
- On collecting the “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded” notification, hit on OK.
- Now try to reboot the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
For the clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop, you need to first uninstall this software that is giving you the trouble. It will resolve the company file problems. It is advisable to make a backup of the company file prior to proceed with the clean installation process & the license number.
Here are few steps mentioned below to uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Firstly, You are required to have to locate Windows start menu
- After this find the control panel
- Here you are required to hit on the control panel to open it.
- Choose the programs and features. Uninstall a program
- Now choose the QuickBooks Desktop version that creating problem from the listed installed software
- Click on uninstall/change button
- Read the on- screen instruction
- Sometimes the option does not appear that. After that, you are required to sign out &later sign in back along with the admin credentials
- Afterwards, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from any trustworthy website and install it.
- That will assist the user to get rid of the common errors
- Now run the Clean installation tool to rename the old installation folder to
- It permits the software to empty. Installation file for the future. At the time new reinstall the software.
- Locate the QuickBooks. Tools of
- Choose installation issues
- At this point you are required to hit on the clean installation tool
- Choose OK Button
- Now choose the required version of QuickBooks and products
- Later, click on the continue button.
- Click on okay option. If user is received a notification on the screen. Install the copy of QuickBooks to the location (default).
- Once the Clean Installation tool completes the process, then be prepared to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop
- Now reinstall the QuickBooks.
I hope the above mention information will help you to fix qbregistration.dat error in QuickBooks. We have tried to cover the maximum information for you. However, if you still face any challenges you can always reach out Dancing Numbers Team.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.