An accounting application like QuickBooks is practical due to its flexibility to be utilized anywhere as well as its ability to manage funds. It is now widely utilized everywhere and is no longer restricted to a specific sector. You may enhance QuickBooks by combining it with certain third-party apps.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is QuickBooks Shipping Manager Database Not Working Error?
This issue is frequently caused by a faulty or damaged Shipping Manager database. Additionally, if the user tries to start the Shipping Manager Database from the client workstation, it could happen. This article will go through all of the other facets of this issue.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Shipping Manager Not Opening
The reasons that prevent the QuickBooks Shipping Manager database from working are highlighted below:
- There is corruption in the Shipping Manager database.
- The current Shipping Manager database is not accessible using QuickBooks® Desktop.
- You may be attempting to access Shipping Manager from a POS client workstation.
Step to Fix the issue of QuickBooks Shipping Manager not Working
If you face an issue with the QuickBooks shipping manager not opening error while working on the QuickBooks desktop, you have to abide by the following steps:
Step 1: Close QuickBooks after Logging Out
- You have to first log out of the application in your first step.
- You should then close the program if you are already using QuickBooks.
Step 2: Alter the Folder Name
- Now you have to navigate to a special path and make modifications to the name of the folder.
- For instance, if you see that the name of the folder is ABC, you should make it ABCOLD.
- The previously mentioned step will help you differentiate between old and new folders.
- The path to follow to find the Shipping Manager folder is mentioned below:
- Navigate to your C drive.
- Double-click on the Program Files
- Select the business file now, then click on the Intuit folder.
- The Shipping Manager folder will be found here.
- Add OLD to the end of the folder’s name to rename it.
Step 3: Execute the Installation Wizard
In this regard, you will have to run the repair tool, following which you have to uninstall the program. Then, you will have to reinstall it. This will enable you to fix any application errors you may be experiencing. You may accomplish this by:
- You have to create and secure the backup in case you find that you are facing issues during the backup.
- Once you have secured the backup, you have to go to the Start Menu. Then you have to click on the control panel tab.
- With the help of the Programs tab, you have to uninstall the program.
- You can only achieve this by clicking on the program titled “QuickBooks” and then you have to opt for uninstalling the program.
- Once you are through with the uninstallation process, you will get a message. You have to click on OK and then click on Next.
- You have to complete the task.
Step 4: Reinstall the QuickBooks POS (Point of Sale)
You have to Uninstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- You have to launch the Run Window (Press Windows + R)
- You have to choose OK after you enter the Control Panel
- Following this, you have to select Programs and Features
- You have to opt for the QuickBooks Desktop POS version
- You have to choose Uninstall/Change
- You have to abide by the on-screen instruction
You have to Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Visit the Downloads & Updates section.
- Afterward, choose either Canada or the US as your nation.
- Select QuickBooks Point of Sale as the product
- Choose QuickBooks POS edition and version now.
- Select the Download option.
- Once QBPOS has been downloaded, launch the installation file.
- In the wizard, click Next to begin the installation procedure.
- Choose I concur with the conditions in the licensing agreement.
- Enter your product number and license here.
- To start the installation, choose Install.
Step 5: Launch the Program once You are through with the Installation Process
Step 6: Move on to the Files Menu and Choose from options such as FedEx Shipping or UPS Shipping
Step 7: Re-enter the Credentials after You Click on the Settings tab.
Step 8: You should then Click on Applied Changes and You will be Fine.
What are the Steps to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Issue?
The solution for fixing Database Manager stopped working in QuickBooks Desktop has been highlighted below:
Step 1: You have to ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop is kept closed.
Step 2: You then have to alter the name of the Shipping Manager folder to something else, preferably a name that ends with OLD.
Step 3: Following this, you have to repair your QBDT installation.
Step 4: Then you have to launch QuickBooks Desktop Program. Next, you have to choose File-> Shipping-> Shipping Options-> Settings.
Step 5: You have to mention the details of the shipping account.
The article highlights how you ought to fix the QuickBooks shipping manager database not working error. You get to know about various steps that you can employ to resolve the issue.
In case you find the steps difficult to understand and you have further questions related to how to fix the QuickBooks shipping manager database not working error, you should get in touch with our Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Configure the Shipping Manager Database Settings in QuickBooks Desktop?
Step 1: In the first step, you have to run the QuickBooks Desktop by right-clicking the Desktop QuickBooks icon and then opting for the Run as administrator option.
Step 2: The user should choose the File menu after QuickBooks has opened before selecting the Shipping option.
Step 3: Select Settings from the Shipping menu, then enter the shipping account’s login information.
Step 4: To see if the error was fixed, try running the Shipping Manager Database once again.
How to go for a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop?
The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, which is accessible on the official Intuit website, makes it simple to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks. The utility may be used to quickly and easily remove and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application. In addition, the user has the option of manually removing QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
Step 1: You have to type appwiz.cpl command after you open the Run window. Then you have to click on OK.
Step 2: You then have to choose QuickBooks and then you have to right-click on it. Following this, you have to choose the Uninstall option.
Step 3: When you reinstall QuickBooks, you have to go for the fresh installation of QuickBooks. You can do that via the Intuit website. Or, you can take advantage of the original CD for the installation process.
Step 4: Finally, you will need access to the original product and license keys during the installation.
How Will 32-bit Users Navigate to the Shipping Database Folder?
In case you have a 32-bit Operating System at your disposal, you should abide by the following step:
• Drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\ShippingManager.
• And in the event you have a 64-bit Operating System at your end, you will follow the:
• Drive:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\ShippingManager.