QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is built for your retail business having both online and in-store inclusive. It ensures simple and sorted e-commerce integration, contactless and hassle-free payment options, multichannel inventory management, and a whole lot more.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
It is highly recommended to install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale as it provides you with the following features:
- It offers more streamlined ways of making sales.
- It provides more payment options.
- It can help you to expand e-commerce.
- It helps to enhance accuracy.
- Its use can also minimize data entry.
Now that you are done with the overview part, read this article till the very end about the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop point of sale.
How to Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
To install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale successfully and explore it on your system with ease, you first need to download it and then go for the installation part. The download and installation parts are further comprised of some steps mentioned as under:
Step 1: Download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Follow the steps given below when you try to download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Navigate the QuickBooks software and head on to the page “Downloads and Updates“.
- After that, choose the option “QuickBooks Point of Sale“.
- Click on the Search tab after choosing the version and edition of the QuickBooks software.
- Then, go and check for the edition and version of QuickBooks Point of Sale and see if the required credentials are correct or not.
- If they are found to be appropriate, then hit the “Download” as the final step.
After completing the downloading part, you can now proceed with the installation part.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Before going ahead with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the latest version, it is advisable to check and verify the requirements of your system. Once the system requirements seem to be compatible for this purpose, follow the steps below to finally install QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale.
- The first and foremost step is to head on to the location where you had downloaded the QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop.
- Look for the workable QuickBooks Point of Sale file for example “QBPOSv18.exe“. Once found, click on it twice.
- As the next step, choose “Yes to All” if asked to overwrite the extracted files that are present already.
- Tap Next to begin with the installation process.
- Go through the Software License Agreement thoroughly. If you agree to it, click “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and then tap “Next“.
- Fill your License and Product numbers in the space provided. Once done, hit the “Next” button again.
- Pick out how many computers you want to make use of while working on QuickBooks Point of Sale.
If you are working on single-user mode, choose the option “Only this computer” and carry on with the installation process.
If you are working on Multi-user mode, choose the option “Two or more computers“. After that, you need to check whether it is a Server or Client workstation. Read the pointers below to know about the Server and Client workstations:
- Choose the option “Back“, if you want to view any of the previously displayed details again.
- Tap “Install” to complete the installation process.
- Having done with the installation, you are supposed to restart your computer system and open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale again to activate it.
Following the steps mentioned above, you must be able to install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale easily on your computer system.
This article is aimed to make you familiar with the steps you need to follow to install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software along with a brief description of the software and its key features. After carefully following the above-mentioned steps, if you still fail to do the installation properly without any glitches or errors, reach out to the Dancing Numbers team for better assistance.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
How does E-commerce Expand after I Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
After you install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, it can bring growth in e-commerce in the following ways:
It helps you manage several channels (in-store and online inclusive) in a single place.
It can help prevent over-selling by the use of automatic inventory processes.
You get the updated details of the sales made both online and in-store.
Sales, inventory, and consumer activity can be managed simultaneously in one place.
What Points should be kept in mind before I Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
d install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, the points mentioned below must be kept in mind prior:
The version of the Windows Server must be up-to-date.
You must have proper connectivity to the Internet.
Appropriate Settings on the Firewall, as required for the installation process.
What Changes I can have in the Payment Process once I Successfully Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
With the help of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, you can ease the payment process because this software can:
Provide Contact-less payments such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
Help customers to select from simplified yet flexible payment plans that too at dynamic prices.
Help to accept the payments directly into the QuickBooks Point of Sale in a safe and secured manner.