This is one of the errors which is often experienced by QuickBooks users across the globe. In today’s article, we will talk about the root causes and effective solutions to fix this issue that creates a problem for users and disrupts business processes and productivity.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Before we move further, let us first learn about the root causes of the error, “The name supplier already exists” in QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks, all “Display” names must be unique. If you receive this error, it means the name supplied on the record has already been used by another customer, vendor, or employee.
What are the Causes of the QuickBooks Error, “The Name Supplied Already Exists”?
One of the primary reasons for the occurrence of the error- Another vendor, customer, or employee is already using the name, is the syncing issue, since the order cannot sync to QuickBooks if the client failes to sync first.
Other Reasons Include:
- The customer, employee, or vendor name you intend to include already exists in QuickBooks Online.
- Importing data from QuickBooks Desktop or even turning on the payroll after including employees in QuickBooks Online.
Now let us learn about the effective methods to fix this error.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error, “The Name Supplied Already Exists”?
If you witness the error, “The name supplied already exists“. Another vendor, customer, or employee is already using the name, it can be fixed with the help of the following troubleshooting steps:
Step 1: Locate the Duplicate Vendor, Customer, or Employee
Look for an identical name of the employee, vendor, or customer you wish to add to QuickBooks Online.
- Choose + New and then choose Check.
- In the dropdown for Payee, add the name you wish to add
- Identical names come up on the list and you will learn if they are included as a vendor, customer, or employee
Step 2: Update the Vendor, Employee, or Customer Details
Once you have located the duplicate name, it is possible to edit the name or you can turn the profit inactive if it is no longer a problem.
- Based on what you require to edit, you can perform any of the following:
- Employees: Navigate to Payroll, then go to Employees
- Vendors: Navigate to Expenses and then go to Vendors
- Customers: Navigate to Sales and then go to Customers
- Find and search the duplicate name and perform any of the following:
- Change the vendor, customer, or employee name. For instance, include a middle initial at the end.
- In case the profile you are changing is no longer in use or active, make it inactive.
Step 3: Include the Vendor, Employee, or Customer once more
Now you can attempt to include your vendor, employee, or customer once more.
We hope that after reading the information available above, you are no longer worried about the error, The name supplied already exists. We have added all the information relevant to the topic.
Still, if you feel you need assistance and professional guidance to work your way through the error, then you can reach out to our Dancing Numbers team of experts.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.