Seamless QuickBooks performance is usually interrupted by one or the other technical glitch. QuickBooks Unexpected Error code C= 184 is one such technical glitch that we are going to talk about today.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
It is likely to come across the error when there is a type of damage to the Transaction Log File (.TLG file) or Network file (.NG file). You can also witness the same issue if the reporting dates of your QuickBooks Desktop differ because of 29 days in February.
Keep reading this article to learn what triggers the QuickBooks Unexpected Error code C= 184. We will also discuss the steps you need to implement to rectify this common QuickBooks problem.
First, we need to learn what error message you will witness on your system while opening the QuickBooks software:QB unexpected error C=184- “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact professionals.”
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C=184?
Here is the list of the factors that trigger QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184 that including the following:
One possible trigger can be that QuickBooks accounting software has not been downloaded and installed in the right manner.
You can witness this issue when the particular reporting dates of QuickBooks Desktop do not match because of leap years.
This issue QuickBooks unexpected error C=184 is also likely to occur in case the .TLG and .ND files are damaged or corrupted.
How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C=184?
It is possible to perform the following measures in order to get rid of the QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184.
Solution 1: Run the Reboot.bat File
When you run the Reboot file, it can help significantly assist in troubleshooting this error. All that is needed is to adhere to the steps given below:
- First, You need to shut down the QuickBooks software application on your computer.
- Now, Press right-click on QuickBooks.
- Now, you are advised to choose the Properties from the drop-down given.
- Press on the option for Location to Open the File.
- Now run the option, Reboot.bat file in case you are inside the particular QuickBooks file.
- After that, Click on the tab for Admin.
- You are now needed to run Reboot.bat
- The CMD screen will come up. Now the file components will process.
- Now you need to start the system again and then it is complete.
Solution 2: Shift the Company File
Here are the steps stated below to shift the company file:
- You need to go to the Folder where the company file is stored.
- Next, Press right-click on the company file.
- Select the option Cut and Paste (Ctrl + V Keys) and shift the file to a different location.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
In case the still exists once you have conducted the steps given above, then you need to implement the steps given below to download and then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool:
- Open the Tool Hub Program on your particular QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now go to the tab for Installation Issues. Now select the option QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now you need to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Now you need to save the file to the particular folder for Local Desktop or Downloads.
- Now install the particular QuickBooks Install tool on your computer and give consent to Intuit’s License Agreement.
- Finally, you need to reboot the system once you run the Install Diagnostic tool to make sure all the components are updated in the right manner.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is the platform for many functionalities that can diagnose and repair a plethora of issues identified and witnessed in QuickBooks Desktop. You can access the tool to repair QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184, and below in the article, the steps are mentioned:
- It can be done by downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub program and then installing it.
- Next, Navigate to the tab for Help in QuickBooks and select QuickBooks Tool Hub from the given drop-down.
- Once it is complete, you can run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to begin the installation and begin the steps that come up on the window.
- Furthermore, Now press twice on the icon for Tool Hub and then run it. Now go to the tab for Company File issues.
- Now from there, you need to select QuickBooks file doctor and select both file options, Damage and Network Connectivity.
- Add the Admin account login details. Now press the tab for Next.
- You can also attempt to access QuickBooks again and then run a report to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Analyze Your system for Malware and Viruses
Reviewing your system for malware and viruses is a crucial step in upholding the integrity and security of your particular QuickBooks data. Viruses or malware on your system can trigger problems with QuickBooks, comprising data corruption and error messages.
Here are the important steps to review your system for malware or viruses:
- Install an antivirus software in case you do not have one.
- Update the antivirus software with the current virus definitions.
- Now run a complete system scan for malware and viruses.
- Restart your system once the scan is finished.
Solution 6: Rename the .TLG and .ND Files
The steps to rename the transaction log files and network files include the steps given below:
- Begin by looking for the folder where your company files are placed.
- Now, Search for the files .ND and .TLG.
- Post that, you need to press right-click and select the option, Rename.
- Include .old at the file name end. This will restrict QuickBooks software from using the files that are suspected of any issues.
- Finally, Try to launch the QuickBooks software and use your particular company files.
- Now check if the issue is resolved or not. In case it is not, move on to the next method.
Solution 7: Windows update
Updating your Windows is quite crucial since it makes sure that your system is equipped with the current and latest features. Not to mention, it shall also help in fixing Error C=184 in the QuickBooks software.
In order to update the system, you need to implement the steps given below:
- Press on the “Start” menu. Now enter Update.
- Consequently, Press on the option, Check for the Updates option. It shall display the list of all the updates that are available.
- Now mark all the crucial updates and click on the Download button.
- Now start your computer again and let the updates get installed.
- Once you follow the previous steps, you need to launch the QuickBooks software and find out if the error was resolved or not.
Once you go through the segment, It will become very easy to fix the QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184. Still, if you seek support and guidance, you can reach out to our team Dancing Numbers professionals. Our excellent team is always with you to take you out of the issue.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Resolve a Corrupted File in QuickBooks Software?
Here are the steps to resolve a corrupted file in QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks and click the File menu.
- Now press on the option Rebuild Data.
- Now, you need to press OK if prompted to.
- Now, you will be requested to take a backup and press on tab in order to locally save the file.
- Once the backup is made, the rebuild data utility will repair the data damages
Will QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C=184 get fixed by Updating QuickBooks.
Outdated QuickBooks can give rise to a plethora of error a bunch of errors in QuickBooks. Thus, it is always advised to update QuickBooks to the latest release and this might also help in getting rid of the QuickBooks error C 184.