Without any doubt QuickBooks is the best accounting software used globally by small and mid-sized businesses. However, despite so many advanced functionality for its users, QuickBooks also experiences errors during certain tasks which are required to get resolved rapidly. Here in this module, we will discuss one such error which many users experience is the QuickBooks event ID 4.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks event ID 4 error normally appears at the time of launching of the QB Integration Manager tool. Other reason is when Windows 7 .NET Framework 4.0 stops working properly. In this module, we will discuss effective and proven steps to get rid of QuickBooks ID 4 error. These solutions are very simple, and any user can follow them even if he has no technical background.
QuickBooks accounting software has taken away ahead position globally because of its advanced functions and services. However, it is inclined to cause errors, and some if the error cannot be neglected. One of these errors which we will discuss later occurs due to the Damage Integration Manager, and it appears as “QuickBooks 4 Event ID Error” and in some cases QuickBooks will not respond.
Brief Overview of QuickBooks Event ID 4
The QuickBooks event ID 4 error can occur because of the abnormal behavior of the Windows 7 .NET Framework. This error mostly visible if you try to launch the Integration tool. When such an error is visible in the system, the below-mentioned message will be appeared on your computer screen:
- “Integration tool was unable to connect to QuickBooks.”
- “QuickBooks event ID 4 – A sudden error occurred in QuickBooks: NULL QBWinInstance Handle Returning.”
- “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
- “An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE”
- “An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: validation failed”
- “Integration Manager couldn’t connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open: when it takes place”
- “An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: SetNameDriverAndPort call failed”
- “An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks WPR: OpenPrinter call failed”
What are the Reasons for the QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error?
.NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 problem is the most common cause for QuickBooks event log error 4. However, there are some other factors which can trouble the users with this error are mentioned-below:
- There might be chances of damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file
- Any virus attack
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks accounting software
- Possible error in the Windows registry
What are the Indications for the Event Log Error 4 QuickBooks occurred?
Just like reasons are important for us to know about the sources and elements which lead to this kind of issue in our systems so the signs and indications help us to know about the corruption in the file connected to QuickBooks software. To know about the signs which will help the user to Identify the error, kindly read the below-mentioned points:
- If you come across with the immediate crash in the running window.
- The system stops responding to the inputs of keyboard and mouse.
- QuickBooks accounting software starts working slowly or stops responding.
- If you come across with the frequents crashing in the computer then also it shows you the error issue.
- Very poor performance of QuickBooks accounting software.
These are the signs which are reflected on the post it’s getting corrupted with the error. You can get rid of all these disturbances from the system by deleting those causes which arise the issue. Post having all the information about the QuickBooks Event log error 4 like introductions, reasons behind the occurrence of the error, and the symptoms which indicate the system is facing this error. So, it’s time to move ahead to the remedy part, where you will relate all the factors with the possible solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks error.
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error in Windows
Here are few methods given below which you need to adhere to get rid of the QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error in Windows
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In the first step, you are required to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and Install it in the computer system.
- After that, just adhere the on-screen instructions and install it.
- Now you are required to exit all the applications running in the background once it is installation.
- In the end, you need to run Install Diagnostic Tool to troubleshoot all the problems and then, reboot the system.
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix my Program from Tools Hub Program
- In the first step, shut down the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Post that, download the QuickBooks tool hub program from here.
- Now, you are required to run the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Here in this step, you are required to hit on Agree the terms and conditions option.
- Now, select the destination folder to install the tool hub and click on the Next button once again.
- Post that, Click on the Installation button to start the installation process.
- QuickBooks tool hub program successfully installed on the computer message will be visible on the desktop.
- Post that, double-click on the tool hub icon and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- After that, you need to navigate to the Program Problems tab and select the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Now, just wait for the tool to run. Your issue will be resolved after the completion of the process.
Solution 3: Reinstallation of QuickBooks Accounting Software using Clean Installation Tool
You can adhere the below-mentioned steps and attempt to reinstall the QuickBooks Clean Installation Tool. Prior to using the tool and performing the steps given-below, it is advisable to have a backup of the company files as the tool will delete all the QuickBooks data from the system.
- In the first step, you are required to navigate to the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed previously.
- After that, hit on the installation issues tab and also select the clean installation tool.
- After that, you are required to hit on the “I accept” and select QuickBooks version which you are using presently.
- In the final step, just hit on the continue tab and click on OK button.
Solution 4: Reinstallation of the .NET Framework on Windows
- In the first step, you need to open the Run Window and type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box as shown in the below screenshot and after that hit the OK option.
- Now, you are required to hit the Add/Remove under the Programs and featured list Once the new screen opens.
- Now, search the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 and click on it. Locate it if the updated version of QuickBooks accounting software is available.
- After that, click on Uninstall option and once it’s completed reboot the system.
- Now, open the Run Windows again and search for the control panel.
- Post that, click on Add or Remove Windows feature situated on the left side of the windows.
- In this step, you need to click Microsoft .NET Framework from the list.
- Here, tick mark the first and second box and click on Ok and once it’s completed hit the finish option.
- In the final step, reboot the system and open QuickBooks Integration Manager.
We wish that this article helped our users to How To Fix QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error on the system. If you are experiencing the similar error popup even after following adhering the above-mentioned methods, you should immediately connect with Dancing Numbers team for quick and precise solutions. Our team of accounting professionals has great knowledge to give the best solutions to our users. Users can get in touch with the expert’s team by dialing our helpline.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can we Verify the Release Patch Version in QuickBooks Accounting Software to get rid of the QuickBooks Error Event ID 4?
Open the QuickBooks and then hit the F2 key to see the product information window. Then you can check and verify the present version which you are using.
How can we Get rid the QuickBooks Error Event ID 4 Quickly?
You can fix error in numerous ways however the best and fastest way to get rid of this error is to reinstall the QuickBooks accounting software by using the clean installation tool or other option is that you can use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. To get rid of the error, you can also verify and reinstall the .NET framework on Windows.
How can we Update the QuickBooks Manually While Fixing the QuickBooks Error Event ID?
For that, you are required to navigate to the help menu and after that select the QuickBooks update and hit the click on the update now tab. Post that, Select the “Get Updates” option to begin the downloading process. Once the download is finished then reboot the QuickBooks accounting software application. You are required to confirm all terms & conditions and then this error is resolved.
Why do I keep Getting an Event ID 4 Error on my Server 2012R2?
You are getting an Event ID 4 error on the server 2012R2 because of several errors, some of them include damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks accounting software.
Is there any Requirement to Upgrade the Current .Net Framework Version to Resolve the Event ID 4 Error?
Yes, it is required to update the .net framework version to resolve the error.