Error 502 Bad Gateway is a common browser error that affects QuickBooks and other web apps running on browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox. In most applications, error 502 occurs due to an erroneous server response, however in QuickBooks, this occurs when the browser’s cache memory is full or it is infected with a Trojan virus. While running payroll or logging into the QuickBooks Online Account, 502 Bad Gateway errors may appear in QuickBooks Online and its Desktop application.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Some users have reported losing their entire QuickBooks data as a result of this simple but dreaded error. To get rid of the 502 Bad Gateway, follow the various methods outlined in this article. We hope this article will be helpful for you to fix the error.
What Exactly is Error 502 Bad Gateway?
When you view a webpage, the browser keeps data from that page in its cache memory so that it may be loaded faster the next time you visit the same website. If your browser’s cache memory is full and it cannot store any more data, QuickBooks Online displays the error message 502 bad gateway.
Error message 502 bad gateway can be simply erased from the browser by emptying its cache memory, but in other cases, extra troubleshooting procedures may be required. In this article, you will also learn some other causes of QuickBooks Error 502 as well as a solution.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 502 Bad Gateway?
Once you are familiar with the indications and symptoms of the problem, identifying the error becomes simple. So, these are the symptoms and indicators of QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway. Below down are the symptoms that are lined one by one:
- If you are attempting to use the online app or update QuickBooks to the most recent version.
- If the browser has the seen or downloaded forums.
- When you try to update the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
What Are the Causes Behind QuickBooks Online App Error 502 Bad Gateway?
You now understand the fundamentals of the error, as well as the indicators and symptoms. It is critical that you identify the sources of the error 502 bad gateway. Below are the causes of QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway having a look as they are stated below:
- If you haven’t removed the browsing history in a long time, this is one of the most prevalent reasons for QuickBooks bad gateway error 502.
- In the case of a virus or malware invasion.
- If users have not added the Intuit website to their browsers trusted sites list.
- Another possibility is that the browser’s cache memory is full.
- If the QuickBooks application’s cache memory is full, the QuickBooks error 502 will appear.
- If active scripting is off in the browser’s settings.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Online Desktop App 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Now that you’ve learned about the symptoms and causes of QuickBooks error code 502, it’s time to look into the solutions. There may be several approaches to resolving the problem, with a few of the most effective ones given below:
Solution 1: Erase the Browser’s Cookies and Cache
To resolve QuickBooks error 502, users can remove their browser’s cookies and cache. The procedures needed in this process vary depending on the web browser. The processes for Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome are detailed below. We’ll go over each of the steps one by one:
A. For Internet Explorer
- In this case, you must run Internet Explorer
- Then navigate to the Tools menu.
- Click the internet choices button.
- In the general tab, Select the delete tab.
- Choose the box containing the transient internet files.
- By selecting the delete option, You may bring the operation to a close.
B. For Google Chrome
- To use Google Chrome, Start it.
- Then click the three dots.
- Navigate to the More Tools menu.
- Then pick Clear Browsing Data.
- Ensure that the whole time range is chosen in the time range list.
- Cookies, other site data, cached pictures and files, and browsing boxes should all be marked.
- Select the clear data option at the end.
C. For Mozilla Firefox:
- Begin by picking one of the three bars at the top.
- Select Options.
- Then the Privacy and Security tab.
- Then mark the cookies and site data, as well as the cached online content.
- Finally, Choose a distinct choice.
Solution 2: Erase QuickBooks Cache
Another solution is to delete QuickBooks cache, which will help to alleviate the issue to some extent. In this procedure, the following processes are involved in cleaning the cache amount of data:
- Begin by launching QuickBooks.
- Launch the app.
- Then pick the reset app data option under the help tab.
- Start the application later.
- Check to see if the problem is still active or not.
Solution 3: In the Browser’s Settings, Add the Intuit Website as a trusted Website
If the first two methods did not work for you, You may simply add the Intuit website to your Browser’s Trusted Sites list. Let’s have a look at the instructions for Safari on MAC and Internet Explorer.
A. For Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer users must pick the internet settings from the tools menu.
- From the security tab, Choose the trusted sites.
- Enter intuit.com.
- Uncheck the server box.
- Click the Add button.
- Then tap Close.
- Next, OK buttons.
B. For Safari on MAC
- The first step is to launch the Safari browser.
- Next, Type com into the address bar.
- Enter the key.
- After that, Pick the bookmarks and add the bookmarks option.
- Choose the best sites from the add this page drop down menu.
- Select the add option.
- Check to see if the error has been resolved at the end of the procedure.
Solution 4: Checking the Active Scripting Settings in Internet Explorer
Another approach is to check the settings of active scripting in Internet Explorer. The following actions must be taken throughout this process:
- First, Relaunch the window.
- The cache in the browser should then be cleared.
- Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to the Internet option on the toolbar.
- Go to the security tab.
- Then to the internet icon.
- After that, You must choose the custom level.
- Next, Then click the activate active scripting option.
- The last step is to select OK to complete the procedure.
NOTE: You will also need to restore the browser’s factory settings. Also, keep in mind that this will affect any personalized browser settings that users have.
Solution 5: Directly Download the most Recent Transactions
- In the event that the preceding techniques fail, you can manually download the most recent transactions. The steps which are involved in this case are as follows:
- Navigate to the banking menu.
- Tap on the account that needs to be modified.
- Click the Update button.
- If you see duplicate entries, it’s feasible that the bank transmitted them twice. This frequently occurs after a maintenance update. You have the option of excluding the transactions from the Download Transactions page. The steps are as follows:
- Return to the banking page.
- Select the review tab and check the box next to the duplicate entry.
- Click the batch actions tab, then choose exclude selected.
NOTE: If any incomplete transactions are discovered, they may not have been posted yet.
Solution 6: Using a Web Browser to Access Your QuickBooks Account
If the problem persists after completing the procedures outlined above, you can log into your QuickBooks account using a web browser. The steps to take are as follows:
- Do Visit the Intuit’s official website.
- Fill out the form with your information
- Then click the help symbol.
- Click on the contact us button.
- Then, in what we can assist you with, “Enter 502 Gateway.“
- You will next be required to click on the “Let’s Talk Button“.
- You may start texting or get a call back.
These were the steps which will help you to get rid away from the QuickBooks online 503 bad gateway error.
QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error may be quite inconvenient to deal with. However, using the aforementioned approaches one by one will ensure that the problem is resolved without much difficulty. Are you still unable to resolve the problem? If any of your questions remain unanswered, please contact the helpdesk, and we will assist you as quickly as possible.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How do I Erase the Cache and Cookies from Google Chrome in QuickBooks Online 502 Bad Gateway?
The ways to erase cache and cookies from Google Chrome in QuickBooks Online 502 Bad Gateway are as follows:
A. In Chrome
Launch Chrome on your machine.
Click more in the upper right corner.
More tools should be selected. Clear your browsing history.
Select a time range at the top. Select all time to erase everything.
Select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached photos and files” by checking the boxes next to them.
Click the Clear data button.
How can I Erase the Cache in Firefox in QuickBooks Online 502 Bad Gateway?
The steps to clear the cache in Firefox are as follows:
Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
Choose the Privacy & Security tab.
In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data.
Uncheck the box next to Cookies and Site Data.
With the Cached Web Content checked selected.
Then, Click the Clear button.
Note: Close the page about: preferences. Any modifications you’ve made will be saved automatically.