Learn how to fix Web connector errors for QuickBooks Desktop. There are many Common Web Connector errors in QuickBooks Desktop that happens to you while working with QuickBooks software.
The QBWC1085 error happens because of the issues with the log file. The issues are log file is missing, corrupted, or damaged. To fix this problem there are 2 situations that are when you want to connect with a third-party application or when you don’t want to connect with a third-party application. You have to follow solutions accordingly when you encounter error QBWC1085.
What is meaning of Error Code QBWC1085
The QBWC1085 code has various meanings that are:-
- QuickBooks can initiate without addressing the log file.
- Without the log file, the QuickBooks Web Connector can continue.
- The log file is not able to write by QBWC.
- There is an issue with the log file.
There are few causes that you must know about and that are as follows:
- The log file is missing or lost that is handled by the Web Connector.
- The installation of QBWC Tool is not done properly.
- In Windows user, where you are running QuickBooks is not have the Administrative rights.
- You must check the version of QuickBooks Web Connector that is not updated.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Here are the steps to fix the QBWC error that you get into your QuickBooks account while starting. You get an error message shown that is listed here and also the solution to fix it out. The errors that can appear on your screen are:-
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception Type Error: Unknown name.
The error happens when a log file named QWCLOG.txt file is damaged and not accessible by the Web connector program into QuickBooks. As QuickBooks Web Connector use the log file while running.
When the Data File is not Connected to a Third-party Application
Basically, the working of Web Connector is to connect the web-based programs to the QuickBooks program. You can easily remove the web connector from your startup menu in case, you don’t connect your QuickBooks program to any third-party program. The steps to remove the QBWC are as follows:
- Log in to your Windows computer as an Administrator.
- Locate the path- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup.
- In Startup, select QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Then click on the Delete button from the keyboard to delete it.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Then try to open the QuickBooks to check that the error is resolved.
When the Data File is Connected to a third-party Application
If the data file that is used by the Web Connector is connected to the third-party application then you want the Web Connector to stay in the Startup menu. To make it stay in the startup menu, you have to rename the log file named QWCLOG.txt file to fix the error. The steps to rename the QBWC log file are:
- In your Windows system.
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- Also, close the Web Connector.
- Now, go to the path- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Then search for the log file QWCLOG.txt.
- After that, right-click on the file and choose the option Rename.
- You have to add the OLD at the end of the file name.
- Then click on the Enter button and close this window.
- Open the Web Connector again.
- Reboot your computer.
- After rebooting, open the QuickBooks desktop and then log in to the third-party application.
You get to know that the QuickBooks Web Connector is important for you when you want to connect with third-party applications. You have to follow the solution according to the situation to fix common web connector errors in QuickBooks that is QBWC1085.
Need Some one on one QuickBooks Assistance?
How can I add an application to QuickBooks Web Connector after fixing the issue of QBWC1085 error?
Go to the File menu.
Then select the option Update Web Services.
The Web Connector window opens up.
In this click on Add Application.
Browse the third-party application file with .qbw extension that you want to add.
Click on the file and then click on the button Open.
You are done with adding the file into Web Connector.
How to install QBWC again after removing it to fix the QBWC1085 error into the QuickBooks account?
Download the QuickBooks Web Connector Installer.
Go to the downloaded file location.
Then unzip the file by right-clicking on it and select the option Extract the file here.
Double-click on the extracted folder to open it.
Now, right-click on the .exe file and click on run or open.
Follow the shown instructions one by one to complete the installation process.
After that, it is installed and you are done. Now continue with your QuickBooks software by adding services to it.
What are the other common Web Connector error in QuickBooks Desktop that users can face?
There are many different errors related to QuickBooks Web Connector that users can face while working with QuickBooks Desktop. Some of them are listed here:
QuickBooks encounter the error when parsing the provided XML text stream.
QBWC1005: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run.
QBWC1007, 1008 or 1009: An error occurred when connecting to QuickBooks.
QBWC1011: Application named [ApplicationName] does not exist in the registry.
QBWC1016: No application was selected for the update.
QBWC1022, 1023, or 1024: An error occurred when connecting to QuickBooks.
QBWC1030: Password is not available for application.
QBWC1033: QB web connector failed to initialize QWCLog.txt file and will not run.
QBWC1035: Dns.Resolve(localhost) failed due to Exception.
QBWC1040: Web Connector did not provide a valid username and/or password.