Here you can learn how to set up QuickBooks Web Connector after downloading.
Here is the solution for you that lets you do the setup and then you can easily use it. The QuickBooks Web connector helps you to exchange or transfer the data between the QuickBooks products. This is provided by Microsoft and is also called QBWC. Its web server can be hosted locally or done by any third-party hosting service.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
It is required to have both QuickBooks Product and QBWC on the same computer or same local network. If they are on different computers to a network then first install them on the same platform.
What are the Products that QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) Supports?
It is supported by all the versions and editions of QuickBooks products that are listed here. It is also supported by the QuickBooks SDK. The types of web connectors with their supported QuickBooks products are aligned here; so that it is easy for you to know about it.
List of supported products of QuickBooks according to the version of QuickBooks Web Connector:
1. QuickBooks Web Connector 184.108.40.206 and the newer versions
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks (2015 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (2015 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Pro (2015 or Later Versions).
- UK editions of QuickBooks (2015 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Premier (2015 or Later Versions).
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software products.
Note: This version named QBWC 220.127.116.11 supports TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.
2. QuickBooks Web Connector 18.104.22.168 and the Older Versions
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later) – QBWC 22.214.171.124 or Earlier Versions.
- QuickBooks Simple Start (2006 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Pro (2002 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Premier (2002 or Later Versions).
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software Products.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (2003 or Later Versions).
- UK editions of QuickBooks Pro or Accountant Edition (2003 or Later Versions).
Note: In this version named QBWC 126.96.36.199 supports up to TLS 1.0 only.
What to do Before you do the Setup of QuickBooks Web Connector?
Before setting up the QuickBooks Web Connector, you have to download and then install it on your computer. After that, you can set it up. So here are the steps to download and install it first and then move towards the setup.
1. Firstly, Download the QuickBooks Web Connector
- Download the file of QuickBooks Web Connector from a good source.
- Then save the file to the default location that is the Downloads folder or you can also change it according to you.
- After downloading the file.
- Open the File Explorer.
- Then go to the Downloads to get the file or to the custom location where you saved it.
- Locate the file and then right-click on it.
- Choose option Extract all files to (folder name).
- Then it extracted all the files to a folder that can be used now.
2. Then Install the QuickBooks Web Connector
- You have to install the tool when you are done with the extraction of files.
- Right-click on the file.
- Then click on Run as Administrator.
- The install wizard opens up to do the installation of it.
- You have to do the steps that are instructed on your screen.
- When done click on the Finish button and the installation is done.
Learn how to fix common web connector errors.
How to Set up QuickBooks Web Connector?
After the download and installation of the web connector, you are required to do its setup so that you can easily use it to connect with third-party applications.
- First of all, open QuickBooks software.
- Then log in as Admin.
- Check that you have the .qwc file of the third-party application that you are going to connect.
- Click on the File with .qwc extension.
- You have to update the web services.
- Go to the manage the web apps.
- Select the option Set up that is available with the application name that you want to connect.
- You are redirected to the website of the application.
- Here, you have to log in to the application.
- On the website you see the option, connect to the QuickBooks so click on it.
- After that, when it is connected then open the QuickBooks application.
- Then click on the Done button when it asks you for the Access confirmation.
- Now, the setup is completed and you can easily use it.
Here, you get to know how to set up the QuickBooks Web Connector. The process is so simple and easy that it won’t require any technical background or specifications. So anyone can do this procedure and set up the web connector.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.
What are the things that can be done to use it after you are done with the Setup of QuickBooks Web Connector?
So here are the things that you have to do to use the web connector tool. These things are:
You can easily transfer the application from your device.
You can easily manage the application.
The application can be deleted or removed.
How can the Application be Deleted when you did its set up in the QuickBooks Web connector?
In QuickBooks, click on the Edit menu option.
From further options, select the Preferences option.
In this, select the Integrated Applications.
Click on the tab Company Preferences.
Select the application that you want to delete.
After that, hit on the Remove button to delete it permanently.
To save changes and close this window click on the OK button.
What to do When Errors are happening while Installing QuickBooks Web Connector?
Open the Control Panel window.
Then click on the Programs or Programs and Features.
Further, select the Programs and features option.
From the list of programs that are available on your system.
Click on the QuickBooks web connector by locating it.
Right-click and select Uninstall/Change option.
Choose to uninstall and then follow instructions.
Reinstall it again into your computer and then do the whole process to check for errors.
How can I Transfer the Application When the Setup of QuickBooks Web Connector is done?
In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option.
Then click on the option Update web service.
After that, select the Manager Web Apps option.
You can click on connected applications to view all the applications and do make changes.
Click on the option Transfer the app to my device.
Now it moves the application connection to a new device.
Also, check that the data transfer can be done continuously.