Here you can learn how to install and set up QuickBooks Web Connector after downloading.
Here is the solution for you that lets you do the setup and then you can easily use it. The QuickBooks Web connector helps you to exchange or transfer the data between the QuickBooks products. This is provided by Microsoft and is also called QuickBooks Web Connector. Its web server can be hosted locally or done by any third-party hosting service.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
It is required to have both QuickBooks Product and QuickBooks Web Connector on the same computer or same local network. If they are on different computers to a network then first install them on the same platform.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
A Microsoft Windows program called QuickBooks Online Web Connector (QBWC) permits data transmission between web services (web-based apps) and QuickBooks Desktop versions (including QuickBooks Financial Software and QuickBooks Point of Sale). Your online service is set up on a web server, which could be kept on your premises or by a hosting company. QuickBooks is running on the same system as Web Connector (or at least on the same local network).
In order to pass qbXML and qbposXML between a web-based application and QuickBooks or QuickBooks Point of Sale, an intermediary application QBWC is used. There is no need to open firewall ports because the Web Connector, which runs on the same server as QuickBooks, initiates all communication. A web service must implement a set of methods specified in the QuickBooks Web Connector WSDL in order to integrate with it. These methods enable the web service to connect with the Web Connector using the same qbXML format as the Desktop SDK and POS SDK.
What are the Products that QuickBooks Web Connector Supports?
It is supported by all the versions and editions of QuickBooks products that are listed here. It is also supported by the QuickBooks SDK. The types of web connectors with their supported QuickBooks products are aligned here; so that it is easy for you to know about them.
List of supported products of QuickBooks according to the version of QuickBooks Web Connector:
QuickBooks Web Connector 184.108.40.206 and the newer versions
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks (2015 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (2015 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Pro (2015 or Later Versions).
- UK editions of QuickBooks (2015 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Premier (2015 or Later Versions).
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software products.
Note: This version named QBWC 220.127.116.11 supports TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.
QuickBooks Web Connector 18.104.22.168 and the Older Versions
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later) – QBWC 22.214.171.124 or Earlier Versions.
- QuickBooks Simple Start (2006 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Pro (2002 or Later Versions).
- QuickBooks Premier (2002 or Later Versions).
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software Products.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (2003 or Later Versions).
- UK editions of QuickBooks Pro or Accountant Edition (2003 or Later Versions).
Note: In this version named QBWC 126.96.36.199 supports up to TLS 1.0 only.
What To Do Before You Do Setup QuickBooks Web Connector?
Before setting up the QuickBooks Web Connector, you have to download and then install it on your computer. After that, you can set it up. So here are the steps to download and install it first and then move towards the setup.
Downloading QuickBooks Web Connector
- Download the file of QuickBooks Web Connector from a good source.
- Then save the file to the default location which is the Downloads folder or you can also change it according to you.
- After downloading the file.
- Open the File Explorer.
- Then go to the Downloads to get the file or to the custom location where you saved it.
- Locate the file and then right-click on it.
- Choose option Extract all files to (folder name).
- Then it extracted all the files to a folder that can be used now.
Install The QuickBooks Web Connector
- You have to install the tool when you are done with the extraction of files.
- Right-click on the file.
- Then click on Run as Administrator.
- The install wizard opens up to do the installation of it.
- You have to do the steps that are instructed on your screen.
- When done click on the Finish button and the installation is done.
Learn how to fix common web connector errors.
How to Set up QuickBooks Web Connector?
After the download and installation of the web connector, you are required to do its setup so that you can easily use it to connect with third-party applications.
- First of all, open QuickBooks software.
- Then log in as Admin.
- Check that you have the .qwc file of the third-party application that you are going to connect.
- Click on the File with the .qwc extension.
- You have to update the web services.
- Go to manage the web apps.
- Select the option Set up that is available with the application name that you want to connect.
- You are redirected to the website of the application.
- Here, you have to log in to the application.
- On the website, you see the option, to connect to QuickBooks so click on it.
- After that, when it is connected then open the QuickBooks application.
- Then click on the Done button when it asks you for the Access confirmation.
- Now, the setup is completed and you can easily use it.
How to Handle Malfunctions During Installation?
Consider a scenario in which you suffer some malfunction while setting up your web connector. The only thing left to do in that scenario is to uninstall and reinstall by following the instructions below:
- On your keyboard, simultaneously press Windows and R and a run window will open on your screen.
- Access the “Control panel” when the Run window appears, and then click OK.
- You must select the “Uninstall a software” option in step three.
- To uninstall select the Web Connector and then uninstall. You can delete the Web connector folder from the following locations if QuickBooks Web Connector doesn’t appear in the Control Panel:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or,
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\
Here, you get to know how to set up the QuickBooks Web Connector. The process is so simple and easy that it won’t require any technical background or specifications. So anyone can do this procedure and set up the web connector.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the things that can be done to use it after you are done with the Setup of the QuickBooks Web Connector?
So here are the things that you have to do to use the web connector tool. These things are:
You can easily transfer the application from your device.
You can easily manage the application.
The application can be deleted or removed.
How can the Application be Deleted when you did its set up in the QuickBooks Web connector?
In QuickBooks, click on the Edit menu option.
From further options, select the Preferences option.
In this, select the Integrated Applications.
Click on the tab Company Preferences.
Select the application that you want to delete.
After that, hit on the Remove button to delete it permanently.
To save changes and close this window click on the OK button.
What to do When Errors are happening while Installing QuickBooks Web Connector?
Open the Control Panel window.
Then click on the Programs or Programs and Features.
Further, select the Programs and features option.
From the list of programs that are available on your system.
Click on the QuickBooks web connector by locating it.
Right-click and select Uninstall/Change option.
Choose to uninstall and then follow instructions.
Reinstall it again on your computer and then do the whole process to check for errors.
How can I Transfer the Application When the Setup of the QuickBooks Web Connector is done?
In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option.
Then click on the option Update web service.
After that, select the Manager Web Apps option.
You can click on connected applications to view all the applications and do make changes.
Click on the option Transfer the app to my device.
Now it moves the application connection to a new device.
Also, check that the data transfer can be done continuously.
How do I delete a Web Connector in QuickBooks?
To delete a Web Connector in QuickBooks follow the below-mentioned points-
Click on the start button, if you have a server admin, or click Window+R simultaneously
In the search field, type control, and after that click on Control Panel
If the Category view is selected, click Uninstall an application. If the Small Icons view is selected, click Programs and Features.
Then select Web Connect and click on Uninstall
How to Open QWC File in Web Connector?
To open QuickBooks Web Connector follow the following steps-
In File Explorer select Desktop
Then highlight the .qw file that earlier you placed on the desktop.
On your screen, a message will be prompted with a message to Authorize New Web Service. If this message gets displayed on your screen then select OK
After getting the file select open and QWC File in Web Connector will open
How to Disable/Remove QuickBooks Web Connector?
Go to the Applications folder by navigating there or by using Command+Shift+A in the OS X Finder to jump right there.
Find the QuickBooks folder, then select Exchange Data With Web Services by right-clicking.
Now click on Delete. When it is asked, select Yes.
Restart your computer once you’re finished to reactivate the application.
Form type is missing in the password QuickBooks web connector?
Users must update their Tax1099 password in the Web Connector with a dash and either the letter “N” or “M” as of the start of the tax season. Both “N” and “M” stand for 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC, respectively. A capital letter must be used. The password for Tax1099, for instance, will be Tes6789! You must enter Test6789!-N as your Web Connector password in order to import 1099-NEC forms from QuickBooks Desktop. You would type Test6789!-M as the password in order to import 1099-MISC forms.