QuickBooks is well-known software in the accounting world. It is very helpful in organizing and working on any data in an easy way.
The number of errors takes place in QuickBooks. Among all the errors the biggest issue is when QuickBooks has stopped working. This is the most common error which was happening with many users. While performing their job sometimes users face the issues like QuickBooks won’t open.
In this article, we will discuss all the points related to the error of QuickBooks stopped working.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Causes for Error QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
Following are some causes due to which QuickBooks Stopped working:
- The QuickBooks is not installed or downloaded properly.
- The hard drive is damaged.
- Corrupted program file.
- The QuickBooks Desktop is not functioning properly.
- Windows operating system is damaged or corrupted.
- The files of the company are larger than the allowed size.
- System does not contain the QBWUSER.INI file.
- There are restrictions due to improper firewall or internet security.
- Malware attacks will occupy space in the system.
Symptoms of The Error QuickBooks has Stopped Working
Following are the symptoms of the QuickBooks has stopped working error:
- The system will shut down automatically.
- QuickBooks freezes again and again.
- QuickBooks automatically stop working.
- QuickBooks will not open.
- The speed of QuickBooks is slow.
- The peripherals which are attached to the QuickBooks are not responding properly.
- The program window crashes.
- An error message flashes on the screen that QuickBooks stop working.
- QuickBooks stops responding to all of your commands.
- The running tabs are closed forcefully.
- You are not able to open company files.
Points To Check Before Troubleshooting The Error QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
- The latest version of QuickBooks must be installed on your system.
- The name of the company file must be less than 35 characters.
- The antivirus protection which is running on your system must be turned off.
- You must be login with the administrative right.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks with the help of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Troubleshooting Error QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
There are a few steps listed below through which you will be able to overcome the issue of QuickBooks having stopped working.
Solution 1: QuickBooks System Repair Tool Usage
- Download a repair tool for QuickBooks.
- Save the document to a desktop local folder.
- Close all currently running applications and install this software.
- Running a scan across the entire device will take about 20 minutes.
- Restart the console after the software has been fixed by the tool.
Solution 2: Restart The Device and Temporarily Disable The Antivirus Software
- Disable the antivirus software
- Restart the software
- Turn off the antivirus software if the issue persists.
- To temporarily disable the anti-virus, speak with the IT department and learn the steps.
Solution 3: Give the INI file an alternative name
- You must physically reopen your organization file since renaming the QBWUSER.INI file deletes the list of previously opened organization documents.
- Change the Entitlement DataStore.ECML file’s name.
- If the software restarts after performing the aforementioned procedures, try opening a test company file.
Solution 4: Reinstalling using the clean install is another option
QuickBooks stopped working windows 10 issue can be fixed by performing a clean install of the application.
Solution 5: Open the document in a new folder
- Firstly, on the keyboard, simultaneously hit Windows and E.
- A brand-new Window will appear.
- Locate the data file with the.qbw extension now.
- Right-click the file once you have located it and then select Copy
- Make a new folder on C: Drive by going over there.
- Give the folder the name QBTEST.
- Paste the file into the QBTEST folder after opening it.
- Hold down the CTRL key while you launch QuickBooks.
- Now, you can Select Restore or Open an Existing Company.
- Finally, check to see if QuickBooks is not responding by opening the QBTEST folder.
Solution 6: Verify the Connectivity of the internet
- Be sure that the time and the date of the system are correct.
- Open the internet explorer on your system.
- Now you have to select the tools from the menu bar of internet explorer.
- Navigate to the internet options tab.
- Hit on the advance tab in the internet options window.
- Click on the reboot option from the drop-down menu of the advance tab.
- Once you are done with all the above tools then click on the apply button.
- Now hit the OK button in order to confirm.
- Now restart your system and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Some other errors that users can resolve using the above methods:
- QuickBooks 2011 has stopped working
- QuickBooks Pro 2010 stopped working
- QuickBooks stopped working in 2015
- QuickBooks 2017 has stopped working on Windows 10
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I repair QuickBooks?
In case you want to repair your QuickBooks, you have to follow the following steps:
1. First you have to open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2. Now select the installation issues which are arising.
3. Hit the click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
4. Once the tool finishes its job then you have to restart your system.
Will QuickBooks Desktop Stop Working?
Yes, the access to QuickBooks Desktop payroll services, Online Backup, live Support, Online Banking, etc type of services will stop working in QuickBooks Desktop 2019 Software.
What we can do if the QuickBooks is frozen?
Follow the following steps in case the QuickBooks desktop is freezing up:
1. First you have to navigate to the file option in the top menu of QuickBooks.
2. Now select the utilities and rebuild data from the drop-down menu of File.
3. Hit the Ok button to confirm.
4. Once the Data is rebuilt then again hit the OK button.
5. Now you have to navigate back to the file menu.
6. Go to the utility tab and select it.
7. Choose to verify data from the list of utilities.
8. Once the data is verified, then you can again rebuild your data and view all the errors.
9. Once you are done with all the above steps, so now you have to restart your system and notice if the issue is resolved or not.