QuickBooks is the most popular and affordable accounting software, which help businesses to effectively and efficiently track expenses. The company can prepare invoices, manages payroll system and financial statements etc. But along with this, QuickBooks also incurs some technical issues. These errors obstruct the user to perform their routine accounting chores. So, don’t panic, we are here to help you!
Many times QuickBooks user encounters this error while installing the software. This type of error is known as QuickBooks Error 1303 and it can be seen on users screen when the installer does not have complete authority for accessing directory.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
In this article we discuss in detail about the QuickBooks Error 1303, which will help you when you are facing same problem.
What is QuickBooks Error 1303?
QuickBooks Error 1303 occurs while installing QuickBooks or opening company file. This error occurs due to several factors like incorrect file permission, antivirus software, and damaged files. This error indicates that installer does not have complete authority to access the path of directory. When this error occurs the message flashes on the screen is “Error 1303: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. C:\ Program Files\ GQ USB Programmer“. The installation cannot be completed. For complete installation you have to log on as administrator.
What is the Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 1303?
The most common reason behind the QuickBooks Error 1303 is when system group and everyone group do not have full authority to access the path of directory at that time QuickBooks Error 1303 arises. Following are some of the causes behind the arise of QuickBooks Error 1303 are:
- QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- There is no space in its hard drive.
- System does not have full control of rights.
- Incorrect of file sharing setting.
- Damage QuickBooks file.
- It lies in everyone or system group.
- It occurs due to technology failure.
Identification of QuickBooks Error 1303
Following are the some symptoms which help in identify QuickBooks Error 1303:
- QuickBooks will not open properly or completely.
- Some features of the QuickBooks Will not work properly.
- Error message flashes on your screen.
- Your System starts working slow or hangs again and again.
- There is the issue with the permission of QuickBooks Installation directory.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 1303
There are some methods to change the authority setting for the system and everyone group.
- Reset system group and all group permission setting by creating utility to windows default setting.
- Change the permission manually for the system in full control and folder C: / Documents and Settings \ All groups for All users.
- In vista window the utility will not work because the file structures and permissions are different in vista window then other windows. You have to adjust manually in window vista if you are facing the same problem.
We follow some solutions in order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1303:
A. Change the Permission
Change the permission manually. Set them to full control for the system and folder C: Documents and Settings all users for every group. Steps to be performed for changing the permission are:
- Press window + R together in order to open run command.
- In open field enter the path “C: ProgramDataCOMMON Files” and Press Enter.
- Folder content is display on the window of your screen.
- Now go to folder and select organize tab.
- In drop down menu of organize tab click on display the folder contents.
- In properties menu click on security.
- Now go to advance tab and press enter.
- Now you have to go to list of permission entries.
- Click twice on system user.
- Tick the check box for full control and enter.
- Repeat all the above steps to everyone group if exists.
- Replace all existing permissions on all descendants with existing permission from the same system.
- In Advance security settings click Ok.
- In Common file window hit Ok.
- Now try to Install QuickBooks Desktop.
B. Turn off Simple File Sharing
- Press Window + R key together in order to open run window.
- In Typing field type, RunDll32.exe shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0 and then press enter to run the command.
- In Advance setting go to view option.
- Uncheck use simple file sharing (recommended) option and then hit on OK.
C. Run Utility
- Click on the link PermissionsFix.bat and save file.
- Now open this file.
- DOS window will be open in front of you.
- Now for resetting window type “Y“.
- Run the file.
- Once the above process is done click OK and exit DOS Window.
For Microsoft Window Vista
There are some steps for changing permission; following are the steps to be performed:
- Click on Start button.
- After the start menu open and in the search area of start menu user have to type C: \ProgramData \ Common Files \ and then press enter.
- Window with folder open on your screen.
- Click on organize and then properties.
- From the property section you have to click on the security window in order to open it.
- Select Advance button from the menu.
- Now Press edit and then go to next screen.
- From the list of permission double click on the system user.
- Now from the allow column you have to select the checkbox for the full control row and then hit Ok.
- Now users have to check the boxes that are labeled with heritage permission on all others with legacy permission from this system.
- Now click Ok in advance security settings.
- In common Files settings click on OK.
Still if You are not Able to Install QuickBooks Desktop Follow the Following Steps.
- On the start button put the cursor and press right click.
- From the menu click on Explore.
- Select the folder from the tool menu.
- Click on the view tab and from the drop down menu click on Advance setting.
- In advance setting click on “Use simple File sharing to Clear The Box“.
- Hit on OK.
D. Use of Diagnostic tool
QuickBooks have the feature of installing diagnostic tool to keep check if any internal error occurs in your system which interrupts your workflow. With the help of this tool user is able to know that what type of error is interrupting his work or occur on his system. Following are the steps to use diagnostic tool.
- Download and install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.exe file.
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Hit double click on QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on RUN button.
- Now from the options click on “Having Problem in installing QuickBooks” and then press OK.
- Then the diagnostic tool works itself and automatically try to find the error and fix it.
E. Delete the Exiting Account.
If you ever created new account the fist you have to disconnect that account. Following are the steps to be performed:
- Select Transaction and the banking tab,
- Stop or disconnect the account which you want to do so.
- By clicking on the account you can delete the account which you want to delete/
- Click on Edit account info.
- Tick Disconnect the account and click on save.
- When the process is complete click on save.
- Now once all done restart your stem.
The above given QuickBooks solution are the common solution and detail of QuickBooks Error 1303 We hope these solution will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1303. But still you find troubling in resolving the QuickBooks error so kindly contact our Dancing Numbers experts. They will help you in resolving the Error in better and frequently way.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
What is QuickBooks Error 1303?
QuickBooks Error 1303 is the error which occurs when the system group or everyone group does not have full control privileges for the directory which is to be access.
How can I Solve the Error of QuickBooks Error 1303?
Following are the methods to solve the error of QuickBooks error 1303:
In the error message Parent folder is given. Error message will be display on the screen in front of you. You have to change the permission of that parent folder.
You can open the command prompt window and correct permission from there.
Hidden files and folders are to be Enable.
Simple file sharing is to be Enable.
Install and log Adobe Creative Suit.
How do QuickBooks Error Code can Fix?
Following are some steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code:
First you have to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub after shutting off or logout from QuickBooks.
Open the file i.e QuickBooks Tool Hub. The name of the folder is QuickBooks ToolHib.exe.
Now follow the instruction in order to install the QuickBooks Error code.
When the installation is finishes, Open tool hub on your desktop.
Now select the Program problems.
Select the Quick Fix my program.
Why my QuickBooks is not opening in my System?
You QuickBooks might have damaged file in it that’s why it is not opening.
What is the Procedure of Cleaning Installed QuickBooks from the Desktop?
Following are the steps of uninstalling of QuickBooks:
Open control panel by clicking on Start menu on desktop and then search for control panel and hit click on it.
In Control panel go to programs and search for QuickBooks.
Right click on QuickBooks and select uninstall.
Now follow the instructions in order to remove it from the system.
What is the Example of QuickBooks Error 1303?
If you ever come across the online banking error , then you came across the QuickBooks Error 1303.
Example : When online credentials does not match With the bank website and the banker rejects the application.