QuickBooks is accounting software which is used by the small and midsized businesses to track the financial activity or transactions as well as to keep a tab on their business financial health. This accounting software can be used to generate the reports, manage the bills and tax preparations. It works wonder for all walks of organizations.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Let’s know about the error “Unable to open QuickBooks Company File”
Here is the screenshot given below which shows how the error “Unable to open QuickBooks Company File” looks like.
“QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you are looking forward to open another company file, shut this one as the first step.
Not to mention, only QB Accountant & QB Enterprise Solutions can open two company files at once.
The above error message appears on the screen when QuickBooks starts to open the QuickBooks file and QuickBooks file gets damaged, so it gives the error that unable to open the QuickBooks company file and the aforementioned error message will appear on the screen and QuickBooks turns off. If the QuickBooks stops working there are a few reasons behind this error, and they are mentioned below:
- File name of the company is beyond the limit
- When there is a conflict with QBW.tlg file
- Corrupted QBUSER INI file
- The damaged in the Hard drive
- If the QuickBooks Company file’s location is invalid
- Outdated QuickBooks desktop
- Corrupted Program files
- Windows operating system corruption
Having issue to Open the QuickBooks Company File.?
Sometimes what happen that QuickBooks users face the issues to open the QuickBooks company file. The reason for this is that the last user QuickBooks session for QuickBooks accounting programs file might be damaged or corrupted due to the connection issue or power cut or may be because of the hardware issue in the system. At times, users might come across with this issue because of the system or Windows upgrade. If the user is not able to open QuickBooks company file, this can impact the work of the user or organization. There might be the chances of losing the data of the organization, and it can impact the financial reports. So, it is recommended to resolve the QuickBooks Company file not opening company file.
What can We do to get rid of this Error (“Unable to open QuickBooks Company File”)?
You can face the issue that’s not the problem, but there is a problem if you don’t know how to combat this error. Even though you are aware of the solutions available for any issue, the biggest challenge is to choose the best solutions amongst all the available solutions. In this module, we will try to resolve all the challenges for you to make your QuickBooks journey smooth.
How to Fix Unable to Open QuickBooks Company File Issue
There are a many ways available to resolve the error of (“Unable to open QuickBooks Company File”)?
We have listed few of them for our users in this module:
Method 1: Open the QuickBooks File from other System
- Search the QuickBooks file menu & select the option for the open or restore company.
- Choose the suitable option button for the type of file which is required to open.
- Attempt to get the file location when you try to open it and choose the file option you got it and click the open option.
Method 2: Copy the File to another Path
- Firstly, you are required to create a new folder in C:drive
- After that, open the folder from the location of the saved company file.
- Now you need to click and hold the ctrl key. Choose the company file (.qbw) and the other file .TLG of the company file by holding the ctrl key.
- Copy the file and now paste it in another new folder.
Method 3: We can open the Company File Straightly from QuickBooks
We can get rid of this error by following the below-mentioned steps:
- By pressing the control key double click on the QuickBooks icon and do not release the hold key till the time QuickBooks file Won’t open.
- We need to ensure that opens up one system is having the company file once the QuickBooks file is open. If it is opens up on multiple system make sure you turn it off from other systems.
To turn it off from other system please ensure to adhere the below-mentioned steps: Also, please ensure that hosting mode should always be enabled for multi-user access.
- Click on utilities after searching the file and click on the stop hosting multi-user access option and a stop hosting multi-user access message will appear on the display by doing the previous step, and now you need to select the Yes option.
- Choose file and then select the utilities after searching the No company open window.
- After that, confirm if the menu option of the host multi-user access is visible. One or more client system can show the menu option on the visible screen.
- Select the option to stop multiuser access hosted on any client system, and now you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 4: Diagnose the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
- In the first step you are required to run the reboot .bat file.
- After that you can diagnose the use in QuickBooks installation by repairing it.
- And finally you are required to run the clean install to install it once again.
Method 5: Rename the .TLG and .ND Files
- Firstly, navigate and turn on the company file from the path where the file is saved.
- After that you need to rename the transaction log file to the (existing name) OLD.qbw.TLG by using the rename option.
- In this step, you will see that the file has the identical name as the company file with .tlg file extension.
- And lastly, you can open the company file and the QuickBooks will naturally create a .TLG and .ND files post that.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
What are the various types of Error Encountered on the screen when QuickBooks starts open the QuickBooks File and QuickBooks File gets Damaged?
If QuickBooks starts open the QuickBooks file and QuickBooks file gets damaged then you will see the error (“Unable to open QuickBooks Company File”)?
What are the Causes Behind the Error Unable to open the QuickBooks Company file?
The main reasons behind the error Unable to open the QuickBooks company file, and they are given below:
File name of the company is beyond the limit
When there is a conflict with QBW.tlg file
Corrupted QBUSER INI file
The damaged in the Hard drive
If the QuickBooks Company file’s location is invalid
QuickBooks desktop is not upgraded with recent version
Corrupted Program files
Windows operating system corruption
How can we Resolve the Error QuickBooks is not Opening?
There are multiple solutions available to resolve this issue. If you want the desired results please ensure to follow the steps very carefully and they are mentioned-below:
Restart and disable malware software for some time.
You need to run the QuickBooks component repair tool post download.
Install the Clean install once again
Creation of New User as Windows administrator
Rename the QBWUSER.INI and then the EntilementDataStore.ecml
Navigate to the company files from the different folder paths