QuickBooks helps you to take care of your business needs by showing up errors and issues.
Mostly, QuickBooks runs very smoothly however sometimes there are some freezes or crashes. QuickBooks freezes mostly because of various codes used in the software.
Today, in this article we are going to tell you about the possible resolutions to fix QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up Problem.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks Freezing UP Problem
QuickBooks can sometimes intervene in the smooth running of your business. The freezing of the screen window just doesn’t disturb you with your work but it also risks your data that is not saved. The freezing error can give rise to a few off screen windows from the backup that freezes when you try to shut them up.
When do You Get QuickBooks Desktop Freezing up Error?
You can have QuickBooks Desktop Freezing for seconds or the servers can completely stop working whenever you receive this error. This error usually get stuck after installing ABS PDF Driver window.
Why do You Get QuickBooks Desktop Freezing up Error?
- For some reason, the file prevents you from operating the window.
- It’s possible that your Windows operating system is damaged or that the QBWUSER.INI file is missing.
- It’s possible that your company’s name is too long.
- Another factor is if the DDF and your preference files are damaged in some way.
- This error can occur if the applications are running in the background.
- The first factor that can cause this error is if the Windows operating system is out of date.
- Check if your account is enabled.
- A corruption on your hard drive, as well as any damaged programme files or QuickBooks Desktop installation, could be the cause.
Resolutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Freezing up Error
There are many ways to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Freezing up errors that will help to run your system smoothly. Here are some method:
Method 1: Modification of the DAT and DDF Files
- Close the company files on the computer systems.
- Now you must locate the company directory and rename DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT.
- Delete all DDF-encoded files.
- After that, open the company and click confirm to save the payments to the same directory.
- Finally, click Print to finish printing.
Method 2: QuickBooks Refresher Tool
To use this method, you must first close all QuickBooks desktop versions.
- You would then need to download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool.
- After that, save the file to your desktop.
- In addition, run the QuickBooks Refresher tool.
- Finally, reopen QuickBooks desktop to see if the error has been resolved.
Method 3: Using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- To begin, you can get the QuickBooks tool hub from here.
- You’d need to save it somewhere on your computer where you can easily find it.
- Now, double-click QuickBooks tool Hub.exe to launch the programme on your system.
- When the tool hub has been successfully installed on your computer, double-click on the QuickBooks tool hub icon to launch it.
- Now navigate to the installation issues tab and select the clean install tool from the drop-down menu.
- You must now save it to your desktop.
- Additionally, run the QBcleaninstallutility.exe file.
- When prompted to accept the license agreement, click I accept.
- Later, select the QuickBooks version and then click the Continue button.
- Finally, click the OK button, and when you see QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.
Method 4: Make use of the Rebuild Data Tool
The QuickBooks verify and rebuild data tool automatically resolves minor company file data issues. The following are the steps involved in this process:
- To begin, open the file menu and then navigate to the utilities tab. Also, select the option to rebuild data.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks information window and then press the OK button.
- The next step is to follow the on-screen instructions to save a backup.
- Wait for it to repair the file. If you can move your mouse, the tool is operational.
- When you’re finished, click the OK button.
- You must now open the file menu, navigate to the utilities tab, and select the verify data option.
- The last step is to wait while the tool examines the file for data issues.
- If the tool does not identify or diagnose any problems, click OK. Continue to use the QuickBooks company file because it contains no damaged data. If the problem is detected, select the rebuild now tab.
Method 5: Delete Your Browser’s Cache and Temporary Internet Files
Try to resolve the error by clearing the cache in Internet Explorer. These caches can generate a lot of data and slow down the system. If you are still unable to resolve the error after attempting the methods listed above, clear the browser cache and temporary internet files.
Method 6: Terminate the QBW32.Exe Programme
- Start the task manager by right-clicking on the Windows taskbar.
- In addition, select the processes tab.
- Additionally, click on the image’s title.
- After that, select all applications that begin with the letters .QB, QuickBooks, or Intuit.
- Finally, click the End process button to complete the process.
Method 7: Remove QuickBooks Desktop
If the previous methods do not work, then this method.
- Begin by pressing the Windows + R keys together to launch the Run command.
- In addition, click on the Control Panel and then the OK button.
- Then, select the Programs and features option.
- Also, select the uninstall programme option.
- After that, select QuickBooks from the list of programmes and then select uninstall/change.
- Now, finish the process by following the on-screen instructions.
Method 8: Disabling Tablet PC Input Services
- To begin, press Windows + R and type MSC, then click on the OK tab.
- Select the tablet PC input service or the touch keyboard and handwriting panel service by double-clicking it.
- The next step is to select the option to stop the service.
- Now, double-click the tabled input service and then select Properties.
- After that, disable the start-up type and press the OK key.
- Close the services menu and then reopen QuickBooks to complete the process.
Method 9: Launch the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool
- You should get the QuickBooks installation diagnostic tool.
- Furthermore, when prompted, save the file to the desktop.
- Close all open programmes before running the QuickBooks installation diagnostic tool.
- Then wait until the process is finished.
- Reboot the system to ensure that the elements are properly updated.
QuickBooks Desktop keeps freezing because background applications consume data and space, causing the software to freeze. Alternatively, if you have enabled User Account Control, this may result in the same problem.
We hope now you have enough information about the problem and hopefully the above mentioned steps will help you to fix QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up Problem.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How do you get QuickBooks Unfrozen Again?
To Unfreeze QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps outlined below:
To begin, hold down the Ctrl key.
Double-click the QuickBooks icon to start the programme.
Hold the Ctrl key down until the no Company Open window appears on the screen.
Examine the situation to see if the problem has been resolved.
Why is your QuickBooks Constantly Crashing?
When there is a problem with the company or installation file, QuickBooks Desktop usually crashes. This could slow down your company’s operations. You may experience the QuickBooks desktop crashing issue while sending an email, creating invoices, or opening the company file, among other things.
How do you get QuickBooks Desktop to Unfreeze?
To unfreeze QuickBooks Desktop, take the steps outlined below:
To begin, select Windows.
Then, in the search field, type Task manager.
Select the QuickBooks, intuit, or QuickBooks applications now.
To complete it, select the Finish Process option. Start the QuickBooks programme once more.
Following that, select the company file.
Finally, close all background applications.