Everyone wants to manage the employees of your organization in a sensible way to run the payroll? Our users do not need to worry about this because we are here to assist you to do so. This module will assist the user to set up and manage payroll schedules in QuickBooks Desktop. We will assist our users to set up, update, assign and delete payroll schedules easily.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
How to Set up a Payroll Schedule?
Payroll schedules allow the users to view who required to be paid and at what time. Out of the Pay Employees widow, users can see the next payment date and payment period for every payment schedule. It is very favorable in the upcoming budget disbursement.
- If the user use Direct Deposit or QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, the Process Payroll On the date and Check date can be altered to add transfer lead times and federal time out.
- Payroll schedules are optional. Users can select to set up a payroll schedule while running payroll for the first time.
- Users can set up to 200 payroll schedules in QuickBooks Desktop.
Set up Your Payroll Schedule
- Hold up the important information to include the scheduled payroll.
- Navigate to the Employees menu and choose Payroll Center.
- Hit on Pay Employees option.
- In the Payroll Schedules drop-down, hit on New.
- Give a title for the payroll schedule in the What do you want to name this payroll schedule?
- Hit on the drop-down arrow of How often will you pay your employees on this schedule? To decide the frequency of payment for the payroll schedule.
- If users are choosing Daily, Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Annually then:
- Write the pay period end date.
- Write the date which should visible on the paychecks for the pay period.
- If the user hits on Semimonthly – He or she is required to set up the Paycheck date & the Pay end date for all the paychecks.
- Hit on OK
- Verify if this schedule requirement to be applied to all employees with the same pay recurrence.
- Hit on option Yes if the user wants to assign the payroll for all employees with the same pay frequency.
- Hit on option No if the user wants to assign the pay frequency manually.
- While you complete the steps mentioned-above, the payroll will be visible in the table under Create Paychecks.
How to Update a Payroll Schedule?
There are two important reasons due to which user must modify the pay schedule, and they are given below:
- There is a company-wide swap in payroll.
- The company has added a new type of employee who needs to be paid differently.
To do so, adhere the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to the Employees > Payroll Center.
- In the Create Paycheck, hit on the payroll schedule which is required to be updated.
- Hit on the Payroll Schedules and from the drop-down list, hit on Edit Schedule.
- Make necessary changes under the Edit Payroll Schedule.
While the users navigate to the Transactions tab next time, they are required to choose Paychecks and the new Payroll Periods will appear in the drop-down list.
How to Assign a Payroll Schedule to An Employee?
- Navigate to the Employees menu, and choose Employee Center.
- Double-tap the employee’s name.
- Navigate to the Payroll Info tab and select the Payroll Schedule drop-down.
- Hit on the Payroll Schedule that you want to assign to this employee.
- Choose OK to save changes.
How to Delete a Payroll Schedule?
In reality, there are two non-identical processes to delete the payroll schedule. We advise our users to perform the below given-steps sequence wise for the best results.
- Navigate to the Employees menu and then choose the Employee Center.
- Double-hit on the name of employee.
- Navigate to the Payroll Info.
- Verify the Payroll Schedule field and ensure that the payroll schedule is the same which you want to delete. If the Payroll Schedule attached is the same which user wants to remove then remove it by choosing & hitting the Backspace key from the keyboard. You may also choose another Payroll Schedule for the employee.
- Perform the identical steps for all the rest of the employees.
You can also adhere the below-mentioned steps to remove a payroll schedule:
- Navigate to Employees menu and then choose the Payroll Center.
- After that move to the Pay Employees.
- From the Create Paychecks table, hit on the Payroll Schedule that is required to be removed.
- Hit on the Payroll Schedules drop-down.
- Hit on Delete Schedule. If you see a message on the screen which says, You can’t set a payroll schedule to be inactive or delete it if it has employees assigned to it. User must reassign all the employees to another schedule prior to this user can set this schedule as inactive or remove it, it means that there are still few employees attached with the Payroll Schedule that user is trying to delete. Move to Step one to get past this rapid. Kindly know that this may also include the Inactive employees.
- Select OK.
How to Cancel and Reprocess a Scheduled Payroll Which has Already been submitted to QuickBooks?
Users are required to be ensured that cancelling or voiding of paycheck must be done prior to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Also, it should be two banking days prior to the paycheck date. Apart from this, here is a little information user will have to go through prior to stop the direct deposit.
- Once the Direct Deposit has offloaded for ACH processing, Direct deposit can no longer stopped by the QuickBooks.
- Off load time for ACH processing of the Direct Deposit occurred at exactly 5:00 p.m. two working days prior to the paycheck date. (For illustration: If the check date is mentioned as Wednesday, users can cancel or stop it any time prior to 5:00 p.m. pacific time on Monday.)
- By cancelling the Direct Deposit paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop and transmitting that cancellation to Intuit after offload time will not be the obstacle in the Direct Deposit from posting to the employee’s bank account.
Navigate to the Account Maintenance page to verify the payroll status. Below is the given procedure:
- To make the selection of My Payroll Service and Account/Billing Information users are required to hit the Employee’s menu at the top in the Sign in to access your account screen, mention the Email or user ID and Password.
- Hit on the View Payroll Activity in the direct deposit section and write the direct deposit pin
- Watch for the payroll transmission with the check that is required to be stopped.
If the status does not visible as Payroll Processed, user can proceed with the cancellation of the paycheck. Then make a new payroll with the correct pay date. The following module’s outline the absolute instructions on how to accomplish these tasks.
- Cancel a Direct Deposit Paycheck
- Send Payroll and Direct Deposit Paycheck
Further, we are giving out helpline number which users can use to get the help for fixing the direct deposit issues.
Please do not hesitate to make a call to our experts Community again if you have any further questions.
How to Go Through and Reset the Payroll?
To reset or rework on the payroll, users can navigate to the Recent Payrolls section. Here are the detailed steps:
- At the top menu bar hit the Employees tab.
- Select Payroll Center.
- Under Recent Payrolls, press the net pay amount.
- Double-click the paycheck, then choose Delete.
- Hit OK.
- Repeat the same steps for the other paychecks.
Once all the above-mentioned steps are done, users can now move on to create the payroll all over again.
Here are few steps mentioned which user is required to adhere:
- At the top menu bar user is required to hit the Employees tab.
- Select Payroll Center.
- Choose the payroll schedule and select Start Unscheduled Payroll or Start Scheduled Payroll.
- Put a check mark beside your employees’ name.
- Hit Continue.
- Click Open Paycheck Detail.
- Review all the details, then select Save & Next.
- Press Save & Close.
For direct deposits, Users are required to create an offset item.
This article speaks about the various aspects of QuickBooks Payroll Reports in depth, from its use to the steps which user can follow to set up a QuickBooks Payroll Report comfortably.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.