Often, when you think work is going smoothly with QuickBooks Accounting software, then, right at that time, you will experience several issues that may appear on the window of your system due to some reason or the other.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks error code 15240 is one such error that is often reported by users since this issue is very disturbing and hampers the process. It is a type of update issue that can be problematic for you when updating the payroll software or QuickBooks Desktop.
Not to mention, this issue can also be witnessed when the Internet Explorer settings of your system is misconfigured or the Time and Date settings are misconfigured.
This particular error code is complimented with any of the following error messages:
Warning: QuickBooks Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX the QuickBooks update did not complete successfully
Warning: QuickBooks Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX the payroll update did not complete successfully
Note: It is important to note that any of the following errors may occur when downloading a payroll update or updating the QuickBooks Desktop.
- “Internet Connection Error: Unknown Error”
- “File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.”
Now let’s begin by understanding what QuickBooks Payroll error 15240 is all about.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240?
To comprehend it better, It is normal to say that QuickBooks Update error 15240 may arise when you attempt to download any particular update for your software. This issue may also adversely impact work productivity and occurs quite often. There can be a list of certain factors that can trigger the error, which we have elaborated on below in this article.
Considering the problem you are experiencing, we are sharing this technical information with you where we will talk not only about the causes and symptoms of the issue, but the troubleshooting steps to resolve this payroll problem.
Make sure that you go through this segment till the end.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15204 – Code 15204
As stated before, there can be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Take a look at some of the most common issues leading to this issue:
- You may have signed in as Windows Admin. It can also happen that you are not running the application as Admin.
- In case you are accessing the QuickBooks multi-user mode in a terminal service settings, then this error can arise.
- The QuickBooks Update can be damaged which has led to the triggering of the error.
- You are accessing an old version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the download link that has been mentioned is invalid or wrong, however, the particular download is active.
- The error can also arise in case of corrupted registry files or damaged Windows.
Symptoms of Code 15204 – QuickBooks Error Code 15204
If you wish to recognize the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 15240, it is imperative for you to know the signs and symptoms stated below:
- The payroll update has not been successful.
- The initial sign can be that QuickBooks has failed to install the current update.
- One of the key symptoms is that you fail to do payroll in QuickBooks.
The error generally impacts the payroll update. But, the major consequence of the error is that the system fails often. The Window may also run very slowly and does not respond at all to the keyboard inputs as well as mouse inputs. Not to mention, the screen freezes for a few seconds and it can be very disturbing.
What is the Outcome of QuickBooks Update Error 15240?
QuickBooks Payroll enables users to get the most current payroll updates and offers precise and right rate calculations. Hence, If you fail to transfer the most current payroll update, then the worker wages designed by the software may not be precise.
You may experience a few irregularities that can impact the productivity of your particular business. It is also crucial for you to make sure that the right and on-time salary payment is done.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Payroll Update Issue 15240?
There are a number of solutions that can assist you in fixing QuickBooks error code 15240. Here is the list for you to check out the easy methods one after another.
Solution 1: As Admin, Run Your QuickBooks Account
Several times you are required to use the QuickBooks accounting software with the help of the admin credentials. However, If you are not logged in as admin, then it is quite likely that you may have come across the issue. Here are the steps to run your QuickBooks account as an Admin.
- The first step is to go to the QuickBooks icon that is present on the desktop. Now hit right-click.
- You need to choose the option, Run as Admin.
- Now, Open the Properties and review the Compatibility for all Users.
Solution 2: Authenticating the Settings of Internet Explorer
If running QuickBooks with Admin Credentials fail to work, then it is possible to authenticate the settings of Internet Explorer with the help of the steps provided below:
- To start with, you need to select the Gear icon. Now choose the Internet options.
- Now you need to go to the advanced tab.
- In the Security tab, you must mark Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0.
- Lastly, you need to choose Apply and then click the OK button.
Solution 3: Review the Third-party Firewall
You can also review the third-party firewall settings in order to fix this problem, since most of the time the firewall may impact the seamless communication of other files with the software. Here are the steps to check the third-party firewall:
- Talk to the third-party firewall developer for guidance on the procedure to change the settings and allow QuickBooks to download the updates and install them.
- Also, Make sure the files given below can use it to go through the particular firewall:
Note: You must authenticate that the particular ports 443 and 80 are active and not disabled.
Solution 4: Review the Date and Time settings of the System
- For this, you need to select the option Time Display on your particular system and then choose the settings for Change Date and Time.
- Choose the right Date and Time.
- Now select the Apply option and click OK.
Solution 5: Install the Software again by using Clean Install Tool
This procedure can support you in clearing all available junk that may have amassed over a certain period of time with constant use. You should make sure to have a comprehensive backup of the particular company file, in a bid to prevent all types of data loss. The steps included to do QuickBooks clean install desktop are provided below:
- First, You need to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop from your computer.
- Now rename the installation folder after you download the QuickBooks Clean Install tool and run it.
- Now install QuickBooks software again.
Note: It is possible to run the Clean Install Tool by directly accessing it from the QuickBooks Tool hub.
Solution 6: Authenticating the Security Software Settings if they are Set Correctly or Not
Frequently the anti-malware software and security software may hamper the functioning of QuickBooks, triggering the error 15204. You will need to make sure to configure the software settings and turn the procedure seamless in QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Including Windows Permission to the Installation Folders of QuickBooks
In this last solution, you can include the Windows permissions to the QuickBooks Installation folder to solve the issue by executing the steps given below:
- First, you need to close your particular QuickBooks.
- Now go to C:\Program Files. C:\Program files (x86) is being used by 64-bit.
- Press right-click on the Intuit folder and then select the option for Properties.
- Now shift to the Security tab and then choose the advanced option.
- You will need to make sure that the folder owner is the user group. In case it is not, then you will need to take Intuit folder ownership with the help of the steps given below:
- Choose Change beside the Owner name on the screen for Advanced Security Settings. Now enter users in the field for Object name. Now choose the Check Names.
- Now click the OK button. Now mark replace owner on Objects and Sub-containers.
- Once it is done, press Apply and click the OK tab.
- Now choose the option, Users on the Permissions Window, and then press the option, Full Control.
- Choose the Apply and OK tab.
- You must attempt downloading the updates. In case the error still exists, then repeat the steps for the folders given below:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
We hope that this article has helped you understand what QuickBooks error 15204 is all about. In this article, we have talked about in detail the causes, symptoms, solutions, etc., of this error. We highly recommend that you do not skip any portion of this article and go through it in detail. If you are not able to rectify the error then you can connect with Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.