Learn solution steps to fix QuickBooks PDF and Print Problems.
QuickBooks is another not a very new name as it has captivated all the attention from all the organization for better accounting experience. It’s not wrong to say that it is one of the best software available in the industry. Since its budding stage, users have always been enjoying its enticing interface and superbly advanced features. It is said that this application is considered to be the game changer of the field of accounting. Every time, a new version is launched which is well equipped with all the most advanced features.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks Desktop is also equipped with several advanced features and it also includes PDF and printing tools. Ant technology can be as advanced as possible, but at times, there will be some tech issues as well. With QuickBooks as well, you may see some errors in this feature.
Causes of the QuickBooks PDF and Print Problems
There are several reasons you can count for getting the PDF and printing errors in QuickBooks. The details are as following:
- There might be a Missing part of the PDF record.
- Disconnection of the PDF converter status that is being illustrated.
- The QuickBooks PDF converter establishment is not complete.
- No connection can be detected between the framework and the printer.
- The printer programming is not installed properly.
- The print driver is not working.
- Network unavailability in the arrangement.
- QuickBooks is not of the updated version to the current discharge.
- Connectivity issue with the system and gadgets.
- Error messages kept frequently appearing on the screen.
Important Facts to Before You Get to fix QuickBooks PDF and Print Problems
There are some pointers that you must be considering when you try to fix the PDF and Printing errors in QuickBooks desktop. These are sort of some requirements or check points that you need to ensure are completed. Those are mentioned below:
You need to ensure that the printer is switched on or is plugged in properly.
You can always check if the printer can print already from a different program. If it does print then probably the issue is not with QuickBooks.
A simple way to resolve any printing or system issue is by rebooting the computer. All you need to do is to restart and let it reboot.
Printer Error always displays a different message on the screen for various types of errors. You will see the “Printer Code‘ also be there like: Windows Error Dialog or a QuickBooks Error Dialog Often there is a situation that pops up when you can print the reports but printing the transactions is not happening. In order to resolve this issue, you can simply modify or update the template of the form. However, any corrupted template cannot be repaired. So in that case, you may have to try some other template.
As we have already discussed the causes of the PDF and Print errors and how you can ensure to handle this before the issue even occurs. However, in case you face difficulty, you should know the solution to those as well.
Solution 1: You need to Install and run QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
This repair tool installation will cover most of your tech issues of PDF and print errors. Just follow the below mentioned steps for fishing the issue:
- First of all, you need to ensure that you update QuickBooks to the latest available version before you start troubleshooting the issue.
- After this, you need to download the QuickBooks print and repair tool online.
- Once the file is downloaded, you can try the PDF file of the related task which initially was creating the error.
Solution 2: You should Delete or Rename the Printer file
Please refer to the following steps to delete or rename the printer file:
- Firstly, you should look for the files and locate them.
- The next step is to rename them to something like ‘qbprint.old and wpr.old’. It is recommended to rename the files instead of deleting them.
- Then, you need to run the QuickBooks program and open the Company file.
- Select the specific file and go to the Printer Setup.
- After this step, you should choose any of the transactions in the name form.
- The last step is to click on the OK button.
The above mentioned solution will enable you to reset the printer settings in the downloaded software.
Solution 3: You can also Bypass the Print Spooler Repair Tool
To do so, you need to set up the XPS document writer to bypass the print spooler:
- First of all, you need to open the control panel of printers in your computer.
- Then, you need to press a right click on the MS XPS document writer.
- Select the Printer properties option and click on the Advanced tab.
- You need to select the Printer directly from the Printer option.
- You should click on the OK button as a final step to save your changes and close the Printer properties.
Solution 4: You need to use QuickBooks Print Repair Tool
The following steps are involved in this process that will enable you to use QuickBooks print repair tool:
- The user needs to look up and the QBPrint.qbp file on the system having troubles printing with QuickBooks
- And then, the user should manually rename the file by prefixing any word.
- The location of the file folder will be C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- In case, the user is not able to find the file, then one should ensure to unhide the hidden files.
- After that, press the right click on the QBprint.qbp to rename it.
- The next step is to open the faulty transaction that was giving an error creating PDF in QuickBooks.
Once all is done, the user can now try to print from QuickBooks sample company file to confirm, if the problem was with the company file.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.