Learn how to troubleshoot problems when you can’t print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks is another not a very new name as it has captivated all the attention from all the organization for better accounting experience. It’s not wrong to say that it is one of the best software available in the industry. Since its budding stage, users have always been enjoying its enticing interface and superbly advanced features. It is said that this application is considered to be the game changer of the field of accounting. Every time, a new version is launched which is well equipped with all the most advanced features.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
There are tools to help if you are unable to print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
Errors the Print and PDF Repair tool can fix
- There is a problem connecting to your recently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer on the XPS port.
- Unable to print to the printer.
- Error: Due to a missing component QuickBooks can’t complete the current action: Missing pdf file component.
- QuickBooks is unable to respond.
- PDF Converter displays you are offline.
- To the QuickBooks PDF Converter you can’t print print directly.
- The device isn’t ready.
- Not able to save as a .pdf file.
- QuickBooks is not able to save your form or reports as a .pdf.
- When you try to reconcile accounts QuickBooks freezes.
- The 32-bit print driver host has stopped functioning.
- unfixable mistake.
- Error -20, -30, or -41 in the activation of QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- When installing PDF Converter, the error 1722 or 1801.
- Printing issues with transactions or reports.
- The reconcile window disappears or doesn’t show.
Solution 1: From the QuickBooks Tool Hub run the QuickBooks Print and Print Repair Tool
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
With the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can fix common errors. To use the tool hub you will need to close QuickBooks. It is recommended to use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, You have to close QuickBooks.
- Then you have to download the latest version (1.6.03) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. After that, save the file somewhere where you can easily locate it.
- Now open the file that you have downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- To install follow the instructions that are visible on the screen and then you have to agree to the terms and conditions.
- To open the tool hub you have to double-click the icon on your Windows desktop, when the installation finishes.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- First, You have to select Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then you have to select QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool. Tu run it will take few minutes.
- Again from QuickBooks Desktop you have to print, email, or save as a PDF.
Then you can move to the next solution if the issue is still unresolved.
Solution 2: Restart and Reset Your Temp Folder Permission
Step 1: Restart Your Computer
First, you have to restart your computer and then try again. In case this issue is not fixed, then you can reset your temp folder permissions.
Step 2: Reset Your Temp Folder Permissions
- Firstly, to open the RUN command you have to press the Windows Key+R .
- Then you have to type %TEMP% and then you have to press the Enter key.
- Now you have to right-click an empty area of the temp folder and then you have to select Properties and then you have to select Security.
- You have to ensure that all user names and groups in Security have Full Control.
- Save as a PDF again in QuickBooks, once the permission has been set to Full Control.
Step 3: Test if You can Print to Your XPS (only for Save as PDF and Email issues)
To save as a PDF QuickBooks uses parts of the XPS Document Writer. Check whether you are able to print to your XPS Document Writer or not.
- First, you have to open Notepad.
- Then you have to type Test and then you have to select File and then Print.
- Now you have to select the XPS Document Writer and then you have to Print.
- After that, you have to type a file name and then save it to your desktop.
- Now you have to go to your desktop and then you have to view the XPS document that you have a printer from Notepad.
Solution 3: Create a New Template or Form
- For your form create a new template. With creating new templates get more help.
- On your transaction change the template and then create your .pdf.
Test, Reinstall, and Adjust Permissions for the XPS Document Writer
You will need to contact your IT professional or Microsoft for help if you are unable to print your XPS printer outside QuickBooks.
Below are the things that you can try with an IT professional:
- You have to make sure that XPS services are enabled
- You have to test the XPS Document Writer and then print outside QuickBooks
- Activate Microsoft XPS Document Writer once more.
- Configure security software.
- You can prevent the development of .XPS files by configuring your security software, such as Norton Antivirus or McAfee Firewall. Make sure .xps files are not being blocked by your security software by checking the settings.
- Windows user rights for the XPS Document Writer should be adjusted.
- QuickBooks won’t be able to convert the file to a.pdf if a Windows user doesn’t have the authority to print to the XPS Document Writer. To change these permissions, you might have to log in using admin rights.
Reconcile Window Disappears or Doesn’t Show
The reconcile window might appear off-screen if QuickBooks seems to shut up after you choose to reconcile from the Banking menu but PDF features continue to function.
- To see if your reconcile window is listed, Look at all active windows.
- Choose Close All to restart the reconciliation.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.