Users of QuickBooks may encounter an alignment error when printing their checks. Users have the opportunity to align their checks in order to fix this problem. For your expenses when you create a check, in QuickBooks Online you can print your check directly. The alignment process is compatible with QuickBooks’ Desktop and Online versions. Make sure to use the Print Checks tab to use QuickBooks to check printing alignment.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Adobe Reader can also be used for alignment correction alongside this. On QuickBooks Desktop, the Align button can be used to adjust the check alignment. You need to enable Print Setup for QuickBooks Online. Most alignment issues can be fixed using these settings, and checks can then be printed afterward.
How to Set up Your QuickBooks Online Check Printing Alignment
Step 1: Set up Print Checks
For your test prints load some blank paper into your printer before you start. If you want to fix the check alignment then that way you won’t waste actual checks.
- First, You have to select +new and then select Print checks.
- Then you have to select Print setup and then choose the check type that is standard or voucher.
- Now you have to select the print sample and view preview and then select Print.
- To finish printing your sample check you have to follow the steps that are visible on the screen.
- Under a blank check put the sample print. Look if they are lined up in the correct way or not.
If it is lined up properly then you are all set and are ready to print on your regular blank checks.
Step 2: Set up QuickBooks Check Printing Alignment Through Adobe Reader
It is recommended to use Adobe Acrobat for printing checks if the sample print doesn’t line up with the blank check. For printing both Standard and Voucher checks, Adobe Reader is needed. To download it and set it as your default PDF viewer follow the below points:
- First, You have to select +New and then Print checks,
- Now you have to select the Print setup. Choose No, to continue setup.
- Choose the link to the latest version of the Reader. This will redirect you to Adobe’s page and you can download the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
- Go back to QuickBooks after installing Acrobat. To set Adobe Reader as your browser’s default PDF viewer you have to select How? Link.
- Then again you have to go back to QuickBooks and then you have to select View preview and then print samples. Then you have to select Print.
- To finish printing your sample check you have to follow the steps that are visible on the screen.
- Against a blank check, You have to check the alignment of your sample.
Your print on your regular checks can be possible if the alignment looks good.
Step 3: Fine-tune the Check Alignment
Here’s how to adjust your check alignment if the check is still out of alignment.
- Start by selecting +New and then click on Print checks.
- Now you have to select the Print setup.
- Then you have to select No, then continue the step. Then again you have to select No, and continue the step again. To correct the alignment this will open up the check in an alignment window and you can adjust the margins.
- Drag the grid so the numbers are where they are on your sample print in the check image window. The alignment will be modified automatically by QuickBooks. Note: The numbers in the horizontal and vertical fields can be changed, and they instruct QuickBooks to print the check amount.
- Select View preview and print the sample after adjusting the grid. Then you have to select Print.
- To finish printing your sample check you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Against a blank check, you have to check the alignment of your sample.
- As many times as necessary, print after repeating the grid alignment step to ensure that your check is correctly aligned.
- At last, You have to select Finish Setup.
You are all set if things are lined up correctly and then you are ready to print on your regular blank checks.
Step 4: Configure Your Printer dialog Box
You might need to change the scale on your print dialogue box if the example print is still off. QuickBooks default print dialogue box opens when you choose the print option. Depending on your configuration, this could be your browser’s print dialogue, Adobe Acrobat, or your printer’s driver. For each printing experience, there are several procedures for changing the scale or page size.
Why it is Necessary to Print Checks in QuickBooks Desktop?
Printing checks in QuickBooks can be of great use for a number of reasons. QuickBooks accounting software enables you to print different types of checks. According to your particular requirement, you may have multiple or individual checks, voucher checks, payroll checks, paper checks, etc.
QuickBooks provides its users to set up and adjust check printing as per their requirements. It is possible to edit our particular checks on QuickBooks, and also in QuickBooks Desktop prior to taking the final print.
QuickBooks Desktop has several important features that streamline the printing checks process. It empowers you to:
- Save a check. Then print the check later on at a convenient time
- Print several checks in one batch, or print one check at a time
- Print several types of checks
By printing checks right from QuickBooks Desktop, the details about the payee are filled automatically from the vendor contact details. For those bills that have been added already, the amount is completed for them.
What are the Factors to Consider While Setting up Check Printing in QuickBooks?
One of the most crucial factors to take into consideration prior to setting up check printing in QuickBooks is to ensure that you select the right paper size for the purpose of printing the checks.
It is recommended to select a paper size that has a length of 7.9 inches, along with a width of 3.6 inches. Just ensure to choose the size as per the print size option.
Another important aspect to take into consideration is to ensure that you select the landscape model rather than the portrait mode, prior to printing the checks. Not to mention, you need to ensure that QuickBooks supports the financial institution or bank you work with for the accounting process of your business.
How to Align Check Printing in QuickBooks Desktop?
You must navigate to the Align button in order to use QuickBooks Desktop’s check printing alignment feature. Your account’s File tab should be selected. You can now check printing alignment in QuickBooks Desktop by selecting Print Setup. Pick between the options for Check and Paycheck in the drop-down for Form Name. Then click the Voucher button under Check Style. Next, you have to proceed to the Align tab to complete the remaining steps.
- In “QuickBooks Desktop” you have to pick the “File” option and then navigate to “Print Setup“.
- From the drop-down of “Form Name” you have to opt for “Check” or “Paycheck“.
- For the “Check Style” you have to choose “Voucher” and then click on the “Align” button.
- With the pre-printed checks a sample needs to be printed and then compared.
- After that, with the help of the grid, the vertical and horizontal settings are to be adjusted.
- Then you have to tap on the button “OK” and then click on “Align“.
- Now you have to push the “Print” option. No w you are needed to compare the sample and the paycheck stock.
- After that, alignment will get adjusted. For making a perfect alignment you can redo the steps from 5 to 12.
In addition to aligning your checks, you may also align them. You can correct any problems by modifying the checks in the software.
How to Set up Check Printing in QuickBooks Desktop?
Here are the steps to set up check printing in QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Press on the File provided in the menu bar.
Step 2: Choose Print Forms.
Step 3: Choose Checks.
Step 4: Choose the right Bank Account.
Step 5: Add the Check Number you wish to start with.
Step 6: Choose the checks you wish to print.
Step 7: Press OK.
Step 8: Choose your Printer.
Step 9: Choose the Check Style.
Step 10: Press the Print button and preview the checks to ensure that they printed in the right way.
Step 11: Review the Reprint Check box beside any check which was not printed in the right way. It will enable you to reprint the particular check if required. If all the checks are printed in the right format, make sure you leave the column for Reprint blank.
Step 12: Press OK.
Setting up check printing in QuickBooks is an easy process. It is an important process for all those who use QuickBooks to optimize business processes. Setting up check printing in QuickBooks also requires adjusting checks, as and when required.
In this article, we have talked about the reason and importance of setting up check printing in QuickBooks Desktop. We have also mentioned the steps needed to set up check printing on your QuickBooks Desktop.
Users can modify or change everything they need to using QuickBooks check printing alignment option. This page described how to align the checks in the desktop versions of QuickBooks and QuickBooks. In this above blog, you will get all the information in depth. In case you still face any issues related to this then you can connect with Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT. The help desk team is available round the clock for their users.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Change the Margins on Check Printing in QuickBooks?
First, You have to choose Setup from the Menu Toolbar, then choose Check Setup to change the check margins. The standard margins are 0.35. The margins can be changed to change the printing’s vertical and horizontal alignment. When you are satisfied with the settings, make sure to click Save.
How to Fix Alignment in QuickBooks Online?
Select No on the Print Checks setup panel, then click Continue Setup twice to go to the Fine-tune Alignment screen. To position the grid on your paper, drag it inside the sizable square. Alignment adjustments will be made by QuickBooks Online.
How to Change Printer Settings in QuickBooks?
● First, You have to go to file and then you have to choose Printer Setup.
● Now you have to click on the Form Name drop-down arrow menu and then you have to choose a transaction.
● After that, You have to click the Printer name drop-down arrow and then you have to choose a printer.
● At last, You have to click on Ok.
How to Fix QuickBooks Cannot Print my Checks Issue?
Here are the steps to fix this issue:
Step 1: Turn off the particular printer. Now restart your computer.
Step 2: Now, Ensure that the paper is loaded in the printer.
Step 3: Click the Start menu in Windows. Now use the Control Panel to click on the Printers and Faxes option twice.
Step 4: In case the printer shows offline, Press right-click on the Printer. Now opt for the particular Use Printer Online choice.
What are the Mandatory QuickBooks Desktop Necessities for Check Printing?
You will require the check number as a crucial requirement to print the document in QuickBooks. For the purpose of batch printing, your bank details will be needed.
Is it Possible to Print Checks in a Batch in QuickBooks?
Yes. It is possible to print checks in a batch in QuickBooks. Not to mention, with QuickBooks Desktop, this approach becomes easier and more convenient, since you can opt for the Write Checks feature.